Avery traded to Philly

NateDawg

Philly remembers well that pre-season game when Genard wrecked and took over the game.

This is one of the dumbest trades I can remember of a young talented prospect.

Genard Avery flashed star potential. Not situational rusher talent or good rusher talent but star quality.

Bull rushes, speed rushes, and he played well at LB last year off the ball.

I will not be surprised at all if he becomes a 9 sack a year guy, but honestly I could see him being a 14-sack a year guy.

Ridiculous. You don't trade talent like that away for peanuts.a year from now just because he's not a "coaches fit." 

The coaches might not even be here in a few years. Genard Avery was a special young talent with an elite skill set. Even if it's a 5th in 2021, you're not going to find a situational rusher in the 5th with the skill of Avery.

This makes ZERO sense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, maybe.

He was definitely better than Chad Thomas and Chris Smith tho.

Genard had 9 QB hits and 21-29 hurries (Different statistic charting in different places) as a situational player as a rookie. The hurries were his key production/disruption. 

Vernon has been solid, but he's not moving the QB off the spot like that 2 times a game... and considering Avery's limited snaps I think it's fair to say at least in pass rushing production that Avery was better than Vernon.

• Like 1

I’m truly puzzled. I am hoping that the staff knows something that we all do not about something going on in his life, character issues, etc. Because on the field, this makes zero sense. And on top of this, Olivier Vernon has not been that good this year and I would not be surprised if he is not even back next season. So there is a need there.