Week 9 GDT: Titans(4-4) @ Panthers(4-3)

ttitansfan4life

19 hours ago, titanrick said:

I haven't been able to watch much of the last two games.  Has Simmons been dominant at times?  Is his PT increasing?  Or is he more silent after that awesome debut?

His playing time has increased. I don't think he has made as many splash plays but I've seen him push the pocket and cause chaos that isn't necessarily stat logging. 

I want to see what we can get for Taylor Lewan. Not based on his play, but who he is. I almost said something two weeks ago about his personality in a locker room, but didn't because I felt like I was just being dumb, but Eddie George mentioned today that he doesn't think he is respected in the locker room or throughout the league and I agree with this.

I see him as a frat boy. He's someone out there trying to build a brand for himself rather than trying to build towards a championship.

He is a great player, but does a seasoned veteran like Roger Saffold want to deal with his antics and his frat boy personality? I don't think so and it might have something to do with his decline here.

He is an elite athlete and pro bowl caliber player at a prime position in the prime of his career. Can we get a first round plus for him? Would anyone else be interested?

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

He is a great player, but does a seasoned veteran like Roger Saffold want to deal with his antics and his frat boy personality? I don't think so and it might have something to do with his decline here.

literally *every single one* of our offensive lineman has declined under keith carter. seems like a much stronger pattern that i'd rather address first.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I've never been this blah about the Titans.

Even through the bad years I felt with different players it could be better. 

Draft another QB. Find a wr. 

Now I'm like I don't think it matters who we have, we have a broken system. 

I feel the same way. At least in the bad Whisenhunt years I had the hope of "we'll get a top pick and get a top QB that can hopefully change our fortunes." Now I feel like we're years away from potentially becoming contenders. I think we have more talent than we had then, but I don't trust our coaching staff, and I don't think any of the QBs in the draft this year are franchise changing guys. I feel like we're going to be stuck in this void of mediocrity for awhile.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I feel the same way. At least in the bad Whisenhunt years I had the hope of "we'll get a top pick and get a top QB that can hopefully change our fortunes." Now I feel like we're years away from potentially becoming contenders. I think we have more talent than we had then, but I don't trust our coaching staff, and I don't think any of the QBs in the draft this year are franchise changing guys. I feel like we're going to be stuck in this void of mediocrity for awhile.

Yep. Maybe we sprinkle in a 10-6 year, but mostly be 7-9 or 8-8. 

17 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I want to see what we can get for Taylor Lewan. Not based on his play, but who he is. I almost said something two weeks ago about his personality in a locker room, but didn't because I felt like I was just being dumb, but Eddie George mentioned today that he doesn't think he is respected in the locker room or throughout the league and I agree with this.

I see him as a frat boy. He's someone out there trying to build a brand for himself rather than trying to build towards a championship.

He is an elite athlete and pro bowl caliber player at a prime position in the prime of his career. Can we get a first round plus for him? Would anyone else be interested?

Only person I’ll trade him for is Trent Williams he’s not a bad LT his problem is discipline it’s a want for him, ex remember it lit a fire under him when there were talks the titans would draft a LT, Tunsil & kick Lewan to RT he worked his tail off in the offseason & Russ Grimm helped.

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I've never been this blah about the Titans.

Even through the bad years I felt with different players it could be better. 

Draft another QB. Find a wr. 

Now I'm like I don't think it matters who we have, we have a broken system. 

Yeah... it sucks.  But I'm feeling the same way.  We can't be changing HCs every other year... OC's either... but this one just doesn't have it.  Maybe he improves with another offseason, but I have no confidence.  

And if its not the system, then what is it?  It seems we have the players in place, other than QB... although both Mariota and Tannehill are more than serviceable.  But we have a RB, two WRs, two TEs, high priced LT and LG, solid C, 1st round RT... If these players aren't as good as we think they are, then is it the GM?  

I don't know... I'm too blah to really care too much at this point.  Make changes, don't make changes... at this point I'll wait to see actual improvement when and if it ever happens.  

• Like 2