The Good, the Bad, the Ugly vs. Tennessee

RaidersAreOne

Finally got a chance to watch the game and I am impressed.The O looked as expected, Downing called a great game, and the defense looked like a unit.

Good: Lynch picking up positive yardage even when hit behind the line of scrimmage makes a huge difference.  

No WTF moments on D (Is KNJ getting it or is Pagano in his ear?).  

Patterson looks like money well spent just for his special teams play.

What a relief to see the team pound the rock at the end to run down the clock.

Bad: Three pass plays from the 2.  Carr threw the ball to the wrong spot on the first throw but Cooper still could have come down with it,second was wrong shoulder allowing Jackson to make a play, and third was tipped.  The Defense dictated that those were the correct plays but I would have liked for the team to have at least tried to impose their will on them.

More nitpicking but I really do not want to see Joseph covering TEs.  He did a decent job but is to easily put in a position where he can not make a play on the ball.

Ugly: Irvin's bone headed unnecessary roughness penalty.  Could have really hurt us under different circumstances.

Me eating crow for the D showing up.  I am happy to do it and hope they keep it up.

Overall the team looked great even with a few mistakes and missed opportunities.  This team could have easily put up 40 if the ball bounced our way a couple of times.  Good hard fought game without the need for luck or mistakes by the other team.  We just outplayed them.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seth is gonna eat this year if he gets one on ones with no safety help every play.

With Coop and Crabs on the outside, I see Roberts, Patterson, and Cook attacking alot 2 and 3 deep seams this year.

Just like we did on the Roberts TD with the 4 vertical routes.

Archived