DEN QB Joe Flacco placed on IR (herniated disc in neck)

Broncofan

Before ppl say it’s punishment for criticizing the play calling at end of game...

Elway restructured Flacco’s deal to push 13.6M to 2020+ with a cut / trade.   BUT he hasn’t used it yet.   DEN had 17.2M rollover for 2020 before the Sanders trade and right now it’s 23.2M.   So as long as Elway doesn’t spend 3M more this year the restructure $ pushed to future years is actually nil (just increased our rollover by same amount).  But it sure sounds like Flacco might have played his last game for DEN.  Thankfully. 

Edited by Broncofan

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Drew Lock trainwreck hypeeeeee

But he's on IR too.

Who is the QB in Denver right now?

40 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Before ppl say it’s punishment for criticizing the play calling at end of game...

I clicked on the thread to do just that, haha.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

Who is the QB in Denver right now?

45 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Oh wait, i have the Googles.

Brandon Allen.  Whoever that is. @bzane i need a bio, stat.

Cleveland gets another opponent whose starting QB goes out just before they play them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

It all depends on how tall you are with him

Funny that you posted that because i think Herbert to Denver is basically a lock already. Another tall guy who is a question mark at the NFL Level. I actually have Herbert as my QB5 behind Tua, Burrow, Eason, and Fromm. I'm not on high on Fromm by any means but in the right system like the Saints or Pats he would dominate.

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

What's the status on Drew Lock? Not ready to return yet, correct? 

He can return this week.  Elway was on the fence to activate him before all this went down.   He likely has no choice now.  

The real Q is when Lock sees the field.   Week 10 bye, then @MIN / @BUF week 11-12.   Which is a rough draw for any rookie let alone a guy who’s had no practice or scrimmage time like Lock.   And frankly It was clear in the preseason he’s not really ready.   But keeping guys on ice isn’t the MO anymore.  I’d guess he will get to start sometime after Week 13 unless Allen gets hurt.  

The crazy move for Elway to do is to get a stopgap like CJ Beathard.  But that would be so Elway.   Besides identifying QB his current big weakness is refusing to see a total rebuild is needed and wasting resources on win - now stopgaps when we can’t contend.   We’ll see.