DEN QB Joe Flacco placed on IR (herniated disc in neck)

Broncofan

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Oh wait, i have the Googles.

Brandon Allen.  Whoever that is. @bzane i need a bio, stat.

Cleveland gets another opponent whose starting QB goes out just before they play them.

And you shall have it, Sir!

Brandon Allen was a sixth-round pick by the Jag-you-ahhhs in 2016, and no doubt had Blake Bortles, perennial hope for Jacksonville, quaking in his boots by his very presence on the bench! Cut the following year, he caused similar apprehension for Jared Goff in Los Angeles. Before attending Arkansas. Brandon Allen spent two years at Tunafish College for Women and starred on the flag-football team. Brandon Allen is kind to children and small creatures; his high environmental consciousness culminated in his unsuccessful bid to have the name of the Arkansas football team changed from The Razorbacks to The Humpbacked Whales, who hold a lofty place on the Endangered-Species List. What a guy!

Brandon Allen
refer to caption
Allen in the 2019 NFL season
No. 2 – Denver Broncos
Position: Quarterback
Personal information
Born: September 5, 1992 (age 27)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight: 209 lb (95 kg)
Career information
High school: Fayetteville
(Fayetteville, Arkansas)
College: Arkansas
NFL Draft: 2016 / Round: 6 / Pick: 201
Career history
Roster status: Active
Career NFL statistics
Player stats at NFL.com

Brandon Allen (born September 5, 1992) is an American football quarterback for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Arkansas Razorbacks and was their starting quarterback from 2013 to 2015. He was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. He has also been a member of the Los Angeles Rams.

• Like 2

Honestly elite manuevering from Joe on this one. Get traded to a dead end team, lose a bunch of games, get fed up, pick up a minor injury, stare down the prospect of grueling rehab to come back in a month and a half to like a 3-10 team, so you put the head coach on blast and poison the well so badly that they'd rather just stick you on IR so that you can get paid and just chill for the rest of the season. 

Joe Flacco isn't an elite quarterback but by god does this man win at life. My man would sleepwalk through entire regular seasons with the Ravens before deciding to try and putting in a solid month of work every year during the playoffs, parlayed him playing well for a month every season into a Super Bowl ring/MVP and a $130 million contract, checks out again for 5 years, shows up in Denver and gets himself cut loose for vacation 2 months early. What a king. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Broncos newscaster: "Broncos will be missing Flacco for week 9."

Broncos fan: "Well I wouldn't say we'll be missing Flacco for week 9."

"He's been missing for weeks 1 to 8" would also work.

Hope he's not badly hurt, but I won't miss him on the field. When you have an awful LT, a backup RT, don't put a QB in who evades a pass rush as well as his eyes can look in the same direction.

BRANDON ALLEN HYPE TRAIN KNOWS NO BRAKES. He should sue Wilkinson and Bolles for any damage done to his body.

I'm not gonna lie, if I'm a QB and I know I'm going to be behind an OL like this, I'd start driving to the facility without a seatbelt and entering through the exit door.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Sad part is, Flacco has been our best QB since Manning in the SB year. That's how bad our QB play has been.

In a world where nearly every team seems to have a talented young QB, the Broncos are somehow an anomaly. I think Lock is a more athletic Chad Henne so clearly I don't see a resolution in the future.

• Like 1