LONDON: Jaguars vs. Texans - Division is Getting Interesting....

.Buzz

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

and then when we are good like 2017, it's a struggle enjoying it in the moment because you're just waiting for the bottom to collapse

and boy did the bottom collapse. We had a one season window and here we are now, pretty much a completely different team. 

2 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Honestly the only thing I have confidence in is whatever we do, we will bungle it and ensure that we suck for the longest amount of time possible going forward. This season is over, I'm sure next season will be no different. Really just exhausting to get my hopes up every year for the same stuff.

People thinking Foles (barring the Eagles run he had that one year) is doing much more if any that what Minshew has done is just rolling with the grass is always greener side of things.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

People thinking Foles (barring the Eagles run he had that one year) is doing much more if any that what Minshew has done is just rolling with the grass is always greener side of things.

I think it's possible that Foles can come in and perform better than Minshew has, but I also think that going forward with Minshew in either 2020 or 2021 makes the most sense.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

it was funny because it literally collapsed immediately after i had told myself it was finally okay to think they're good now lmao

and really, where do we go from here? We'll finish out maybe 8-8 with Foles assuming he doesn't die behind this line immediately after getting back, and if/when he proves to not be a legit 16 game starter (as he never has been his entire career), we'll have some kind of QB controversy next year? Feel like that will almost certainly end with us cleaning house staff wise (if we don't do that after this season), which will again leave the QB situation completely up in the air. 

Idk maybe this game just has me super depressed (and it certainly does) but really the outlook just doesn't look very good to me long term. 

11 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think it's possible that Foles can come in and perform better than Minshew has, but I also think that going forward with Minshew in either 2020 or 2021 makes the most sense.

Idk that he can though. I'm a Foles fan too, but like, the weapons outside of Lenny and Chark just aren't good. Foles also has never been very good in the redzone in his career if we're expecting that to get right back to normal. That was really the only issue offensively we've had...and that has more to do with Flip then anyone else. I like what he's done but man, he really struggles drawing stuff up in tight situations.

42 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Idk that he can though. I'm a Foles fan too, but like, the weapons outside of Lenny and Chark just aren't good. Foles also has never been very good in the redzone in his career if we're expecting that to get right back to normal. That was really the only issue offensively we've had...and that has more to do with Flip then anyone else. I like what he's done but man, he really struggles drawing stuff up in tight situations.

I don’t know where your getting this statistical info that Foles has NEVER been good in the red zone? 🤨 Under Chip they were tops in the league so there goes the never part. And during his time in Philly on his second stint they were in the middle of the pack in the league hovering in at 18th. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

7 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I don’t know where your getting this statistical info that Foles has NEVER been good in the red zone? 🤨 Under Chip they were tops in the league so there goes the never part. And during his time in Philly on his second stint they were in the middle of the pack in the league hovering in at 18th. 

Can't really dive deep atm, but:

Sure sounds like Alfie did that search. 

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Can't really dive deep atm, but:

Sure sounds like Alfie did that search. 

🤨Are we talking about this in relation to 9 games and 55 games played if so? 🤣 we can stop playing this game now. Most things look good in sample size. I’m pretty sure how ever you want to frame it you can go through Blake’s career and find when he has played a better 4 game stretch than Brady it’ll be hard but I’m sure you can do it.

Edited by DuvalsKing

22 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

🤨Are we talking about this in relation to 9 games and 55 games played if so? 🤣 we can stop playing this game now. Most things look good in sample size. I’m pretty sure how ever you want to frame it you can go through Blake’s career and find when he has played a better 4 game stretch than Brady it’ll be hard but I’m sure you can do it.

Lmao dude, that's what you're taking from that?

Foles, in the sample size of his career (at this point he is what he is), has been below average/not great.

Also, if you don't think playcalling has been a massive reason for our struggles idk what to say.  

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lmao dude, that's what you're taking from that?

Foles, in the sample size of his career (at this point he is what he is), has been below average/not great.

Also, if you don't think playcalling has been a massive reason for our struggles idk what to say.  

If you think play calling is the only thing that effects the out come of if a play actually works or not then idk what to say either. I haven’t heard anybody complain about the play calling until today.. if you’ve been complaining about it maybe I missed it. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

If you think play calling is the only thing that effects the out come of if a play actually works or not then idk what to say either. I haven’t heard anybody complain about the play calling until today.. if you’ve been complaining about it maybe I missed it. 🤷‍♂️

You haven't seen anyone complain about redzone playcalling? There's no way...

I love Flip so far. In-between the 20's has been largely great (although today wasn't good). Acting as if playcalling, because it's good for stretches, will always be good and not worth critiquing is wild.

As far as the only thing? No. But Lenny who has been running like an elite running back this year has 1 TD. It's very evident there's issues that stems from the OC there. Does that mean Minshee deserves no blame? No, and I never said he shouldn't. But it's definitely more to do with other things than him.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Dede is good. Hes hurt but hes good. 

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Dede is good. Hes hurt but hes good. 

We shall see. The hype around camp was Foles and Dede's chemistry, and Dede was starting to pick up steam the past couple of weeks with gardner (as teams look to take away Chark). 

Maybe you see that a bit if Foles comes back and Dede is healthy.