LONDON: Jaguars vs. Texans - Division is Getting Interesting....

.Buzz

Gah.  This was such a disappointing way to spend a morning in bed.  I couldn't even drag myself up to post about it.  Aside from a brief flicker from the offense after half, and the goal-line strip...it just really felt like confirmation that this team simply isn't good enough.  Too many holes.  I still just don't believe the Texans are anything resembling a powerhouse, and they outclassed the Jaguars basically all morning.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Gah.  This was such a disappointing way to spend a morning in bed.  I couldn't even drag myself up to post about it.  Aside from a brief flicker from the offense after half, and the goal-line strip...it just really felt like confirmation that this team simply isn't good enough.  Too many holes.  I still just don't believe the Texans are anything resembling a powerhouse, and they outclassed the Jaguars basically all morning.

It’s the coaching it’s not a matter of talent its the coaching. This team has plenty of talent to make a playoff run. When Doug took over he did a masterful job scheming and adjusting. As of late we haven’t seen any of that. This team is the most undisciplined team that I watch week after week. I’ve seen teams that are not as good talent wise and they are not penalized as much as the Jags only team with a playoff chance that is penalized more than the Jags are the Texans... most of their penalties are related to Oline. But when you have a player like Watson you can be an anomaly. 

I like Doug but the thing is Doug isn’t going to be the answer. It all boils down to being the same person day in and day out. Doug came in and he pretty much let this team play free in 17’ he let them do what the hell they wanted to do because they were winning. When you’re in a leadership position and you have people following your guidance you have to be the same person you were the day that you met your subordinates. Doug was too lax it’s breed an undisciplined brand of football. It’s partly the reason the defense continually has mental break downs in blown assignments, and are highly penalized. This team has more fight after the whistle then before it. When you breed that type of undisciplined play and Doug can’t fix that. 

The reason Doug can’t fix it is because he let it go on for so long it’s become the identity of this team. It’s one of the reasons Jack’s game has suffered significantly and it’s regressed. Doug can’t come out and chew his guys tails. Why because he has let it go on so long the players are going to look at Doug like he is crazy. You watch coaches like Reich for the Colts take less and do more with it, it becomes disheartening. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

It’s the coaching it’s not a matter of talent its the coaching. This team has plenty of talent to make a playoff run. When Doug took over he did a masterful job scheming and adjusting. As of late we haven’t seen any of that. This team is the most undisciplined team that I watch week after week. I’ve seen teams that are not as good talent wise and they are not penalized as much as the Jags only team with a playoff chance that is penalized more than the Jags are the Texans... most of their penalties are related to Oline. But when you have a player like Watson you can be an anomaly. 

I like Doug but the thing is Doug isn’t going to be the answer. It all boils down to being the same person day in and day out. Doug came in and he pretty much let this team play free in 17’ he let them do what the hell they wanted to do because they were winning. When you’re in a leadership position and you have people following your guidance you have to be the same person you were the day that you met your subordinates. Doug was too lax it’s breed an undisciplined brand of football. It’s partly the reason the defense continually has mental break downs in blown assignments, and are highly penalized. This team has more fight after the whistle then before it. When you breed that type of undisciplined play and Doug can’t fix that. 

The reason Doug can’t fix it is because he let it go on for so long it’s become the identity of this team. It’s one of the reasons Jack’s game has suffered significantly and it’s regressed. Doug can’t come out and chew his guys tails. Why because he has let it go on so long the players are going to look at Doug like he is crazy. You watch coaches like Reich for the Colts take less and do more with it, it becomes disheartening. 

It's not though.  It's individual talent mismatches that just keep cropping up.  Our defensive front is a monster...but it's backed up by...a creampuff.  Everything outside our front 4 basically just sucks.

24 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's not though.  It's individual talent mismatches that just keep cropping up.  Our defensive front is a monster...but it's backed up by...a creampuff.  Everything outside our front 4 basically just sucks.

I wouldn’t say that the secondary is solid the Linebackers are the weak link on the defense period. 

31 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I wouldn’t say that the secondary is solid the Linebackers are the weak link on the defense period. 

I don't know if it's the LBers or the Secondary that's the weakest link.  But yeah...they both kinda suck.  Everything outside the Front 4.

Edited by Tugboat

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I don't know if it's the LBers or the Secondary that's the weakest link.  But yeah...they both kinda suck.  Everything outside the Front 4.

I don't think the secondary sucks at all. 

Who has even been "bad"? Harrison, Hayden, and Bouye have all been good to very good. Tre has taken his lumps but has held his own for the most part. Haven't noticed Wilson as a weak link either.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I don't think the secondary sucks at all. 

Who has even been "bad"? Harrison, Hayden, and Bouye have all been good to very good. Tre has taken his lumps but has held his own for the most part. Haven't noticed Wilson as a weak link either.

They haven't been "good".

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Idk about good, but I'd say they've been above average personally.

This is an offensive league, but largely they've been solid even with the below average LB play.

Really, it feels like it's run support where they've struggled the hardest tbh.  Though again, it's hard to say...because the LBer play has been so bad, it may be bleeding over a bit.

• Like 1