The XFL

ET80

22 minutes ago, Malik said:

Wait is 27k for everyone or was he like a bench player?

That’s one of the lower end salaries, but I don’t know if he was slated to be a bench player, he did well in the AAF from what I read.

There are also bonuses that the 27k base figure doesn't include.

I saw that high end QBs will make more than NFL vet minimum.

1 hour ago, Dome said:

That’s one of the lower end salaries, but I don’t know if he was slated to be a bench player, he did well in the AAF from what I read.

There are also bonuses that the 27k base figure doesn't include.

I saw that high end QBs will make more than NFL vet minimum.

27k is the minimum. 55k was the max after bonuses. He's the computer software engineer guy.

• 4 weeks later...

I read that 27k is the minimum guaranteed base salary. Most players are likely to make up to 55k for active roster bonuses. However, they also get a $2,222 check each time their team wins. There are also incentives for producing certain stats, but those numbers haven't been revealed. This means that an average starting player would make 55k, with potential for over 70k if their team is undefeated, potentially some more if they're highly productive as a player. QB contracts are different; they get paid more and have different contract figures than the rest of the league. They will be getting closer to 250k with the potential for more. 

I originally was slated to be a Guardians fan. They seemed the coolest of the teams with their color scheme and logo, but since then, I'm leaning more towards the bland-looking DC Defenders. Tyree Jackson was my boy in pre-draft due to his intangibles and athleticism (and Cardale Jones is someone I could get behind if he wins the job), Donnel Pumphrey is the GOAT, Eli Rogers is a really nice receiver, Jamal Custis was pretty great at Syracuse, Jalen Myrick has a sick hairdo, I'm a fan of Scooby Wright III from AZilla and James Vaughters is a cool dude, Sam Montgomery was a bust but he's also the highest-drafted Texan in the XFL. 

I also like the LA Wildcats. Lots of likeable dudes there. Nelson Spruce was my dude. He's a Rams pre-season legend whose career was derailed by injuries. He's Colorado's all time-leader in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns. Ahead of guys like Laviska Shenault and Paul Richardson. Luis Perez I can get behind, as well. He was arguably the AAF's best QB last season and was good for the Rams as a camp arm for a year or two.

Lots of players to root for in the XFL, regardless of team, though.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the teams' official jerseys are being released today. So far, the Defenders' uniforms have been revealed and they look better than I originally anticipated.

Also, the early look is that Cardale Jones will be their starting QB. He's arguably the most widely-known and followed XFL player on social media, and the XFL is looking for as much image growth as possible. 

Still, Pep should have his hands full with a QB room of athletic project QBs with upside.

The Defenders' uniform is somewhat generic with a red and white scheme, but the pants feature a lightning bolt going up the leg and the helmet looks nice with the Stars and lightning on the logo. 

The guardians and renegades unis both just dropped. The renegades, as expected, have really cool uniforms with their color scheme of bright blue, red, and black. They probably have the best, though the shoulder design is uninspired.

The guardians uniforms are solid, and the color scheme is nice. Safe. Primarily grey, with black secondary color and red highlights. Overall, it looks like a Madden relocation uniform. However, the helmet is really really good looking. 

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

27k is laughable, even for a 3 to 4 month season. These guys are risking becoming severely injured for over a year while playing for a guy who is known to let his employees die young and not take care of them.

Many of the Wrestlers that have passed on have done so due to heart issues. Speculatively due to substance abuse of multiple sorts. It's been their own undoing, but its also the sad nature of a business that demands camera appeal and physical marketability.

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Many of the Wrestlers that have passed on have done so due to heart issues. Speculatively due to substance abuse of multiple sorts. It's been their own undoing, but its also the sad nature of a business that demands camera appeal and physical marketability.

And I'm sure the substance abuse had no connection to physical pain caused by their work and their inability to get it treated properly.

anything with camera appeal seems like a really fickle career choice; injuries aside.

come in one day and you're out of a job.

do your job skills make you in demand in other lines of work..??

finding yourself with no skills or future will put junk in your veins just as surely as chronic pain will