I love what Minkah has added to this team

mwalker

10 hours ago, jebrick said:

I wonder if Bud will not end up being a sign/franchise and trade

If he keeps getting better, why not just keep him? Trade for picks and draft Jarvis, Hood, burns  and of course dupree pre 2019 etc?

9 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wouldn't hate it. Get us a draft pick immediately. 

and if the draft pick isn't good or takes 45 years to be good (see above), what's the point? I would try to keep Dupree if he is getting better and has a good season. Him and Was both entering their primes and should be good for another 4 years. It's been a while since this team has had stability at OLB, especially for 4 years .  It's a risk especially if this is a fluke contract season and he goes back to being the way he was, but it could also keep his price down a bit.

4 hours ago, Lambert44 said:

Does anyone know where we stand cap wise?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

29 Pittsburgh Steelers 0.000 39 26.77 $191,451,254 $2,593,913 $194,045,167 $6,115,655 $194,045,167 $6,115,655
3 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Doesn't Ben make $30+ Million next year? That there is a big chunk. 

cap hit $33.5M, dead cap $25M, so even if they trade or cut him, there is $25M gone right there. Not the kind of deal I would have give to a QB that was whining about retiring and lost a few games on his own last year. 

17 hours ago, 3rivers said:

If he keeps getting better, why not just keep him? Trade for picks and draft Jarvis, Hood, burns  and of course dupree pre 2019 etc?

Go and look who they need to sign next year.  Watt is coming into his option year.  JuJu is in his final year.  While I would love to keep Bud, Watt, JuJu and Hargrave, I do not see it happening without someone getting cut or released.  They will also need to resign Finney and Feller.  Cobert will earn his paycheck over the next 2 years.

28 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Go and look who they need to sign next year.  Watt is coming into his option year.  JuJu is in his final year.  While I would love to keep Bud, Watt, JuJu and Hargrave, I do not see it happening without someone getting cut or released.  They will also need to resign Finney and Feller.  Cobert will earn his paycheck over the next 2 years.

If Ben was a real bro, he'd take a huge pay cut down to like $12M and allow us to go after one or two more rings before he hangs it up. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I agree with this. Ben has always been about himself. He only plays the leadership role when it benefits him or his image 

agree. I still like how he baited the team into a new high priced deal. Whining about retiring, not liking the coach, calling people out, yet he still gets a new deal. I thought his play was not good last year, and terrible this year.  Even if they decided to trade or release him, there is $25M dead cap . 

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

Go and look who they need to sign next year. 

no doubt colbert will have to figure this out. The problem is ben and pouncey, both aren't playing good and cost the most, and they would free up $30M in 2021 if they part ways with both of them then. Remove them and you have contracts for Watt and JuJu. At least Bos is earning his salary, but others that aren't need to be traded. Right now this team has some youth that earned a nice 2nd contract, but will they get it here?

Baron and chickilllo will be gone, that much we know.

Unless ben wins the SB here next year, I can't see them keeping him past next season, and that will help sign players.  I expect them to keep Finney and most likely let pouncey go or trade him after next season.  Where else do they get additional cap space though.