mwalker

16 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

They have:

• 1 2nd round pick
  • maybe a 3rd round pick
  • 2 4th round picks
  • 1 6th round pick
  • 1 7th round pick

They don't have the draft capital to waste 2 picks on their first 2 picks (if they even get a 3rd round comp.). They have needs at CB, NT, OG and OC (depth), WR, and could use another ILB in no order. I just don't see any way they go OLB back to back at the top of the draft with those needs. I could see an early pick and a late pick, but the first two picks is being unreasonable in this situation.

Yea, I agree with you. I was just floating it.

So I've been putting some thought into this:

1 - We're going to get priced out of a few guys unless we do something dramatic.  Hargrave, Dupree, Finney are the key three that I see us having problems retaining.

2 - I think we got a few guys we can retain and need to in Vannett, Banner, Feiler

3 - I got this interesting though that we can loose about 3-4 guys that can make keeping one of the three outpriced guys possible.  Barron isn't really a need because of Bush and Williams being a great blend of talent, Moncreif should have been gone already, McDonald's gone.

4 - Sadly at his price I think that Chickillo needs to stay for depth and special teams reasons.

So with Barron, Moncreif, and McDonald being gone, I think we retain Hargrave in the NT/DT role over retaining Dupree on the outside.  And then bargain hunt on on a secondary pass rusher. Invest the picks on interior OL, ST depth, WR depth.

they are keeping Hargrave's value low by not playing him much, but I am sure there will be at least 1 team that know this and will pay accordingly.  I would keep Finney then if possible Hargrave.  Even if they trade pouncey, the dead cap is too much, so that might wait a year. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

2 - I think we got a few guys we can retain and need to in Vannett, Banner, Feiler

For sure , I expect them to keep them

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

4 - Sadly at his price I think that Chickillo needs to stay for depth and special teams reasons.

No. He will be gone, I still can't believe that they p[aid $4M a season for a back up that has no chance at being a starter. What other GM does that ever?

I expect dupree to get a deal from other teams that the steelers won't match. Maybe the 5th year option was a good idea, it might have been a way to help other teams overpay for a player once he is free after 5 years^_^

I think this offseason we  need to cut Chickillo, Baron, Moncrief (if he isnt already cut during the season) and maybe Vance McDonald considering how little we use him.

Switzer, Holton, Dupree, Burns, Sean Davis should not be brought back.

Personally even though I expect him to get, I am hopeful we do not extend AV.

I also hope we dont restructure Ben.

Personally I also cut Foster but I expect we wont and instead we will lose BJ Finney to FA.

We will also lose Javon Hargrave to FA.

Come the offseason, here is my view of what the raw roster should look like (after my predicted cuts)

QB: Ben Roethlisberger / Mason Rudolph / Devlin Hodges

RB: James Conner / Jaylen Samuels / Benny Snell / Trey Edmund's

FB: Roosevelt Nix

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster / Diontae Johnson / James Washington 

TE: Nick Vannett / Zach Gentry 

LT: Alejandro Villeneuva / Chuks Okorafor

LG: Ramon Foster / 

C: Maurice Pouncey /

RG: David DeCastro

RT: Matt Fieler / Zach Banner

RE: Cam Heyward /

DT: Daniel McCullers / Isaiah Buggs

LE: Stephon Tuitt / Tyson Alualu

OLB: TJ Watt / Ola Adenyi

ILB: Devin Bush / Ulysses Gilbert

ILB: Vince William's

OLB: /

LCB: Joe Haden / Justin Layne

RCB: Steven Nelson / 

NCB: Cam Sutton / Mike Hitlon

FS: Minkah Fitzpatrick / 

SS: Terrell Edmunds /

K: Chris Boswell

P: Jordan Berry

LS: Cameron Kannaday

- if they arent listed, I don't expect them to be on the roster.

31 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

RE: Cam Heyward /

DT: Daniel McCullers / Isaiah Buggs

LE: Stephon Tuitt / Tyson Alualu

OLB: TJ Watt / Ola Adenyi

ILB: Devin Bush / Ulysses Gilbert

ILB: Vince William's

OLB: /

So a few things here:

Buggs is a DE not a DT.  And this depth chart is the exact reason that Chickillo will likely be retained.  No way (based on historical precident) does Colbert go into a season with a positional place go without at least one guy there.

• Like 1

moncrief is gone, so do they get a comp pick for this? Colbert used up how much cap for what, 2 catches? I don't even know what his stats were, but he never had many catches , probably more drops.

Why did they keep chickillo? that's another colbert fail, he just never stops failing with his signings. 

Edited by 3rivers

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

So a few things here:

Buggs is a DE not a DT.  And this depth chart is the exact reason that Chickillo will likely be retained.  No way (based on historical precident) does Colbert go into a season with a positional place go without at least one guy there.

If Chickillo is retained it shows me they dont care about how poor the depth at the position is. I'm not disagreeing with you because you're making a valid point but I'd hope they use FA to get some guys that are a least a little better than Chickillo (1 or 2 guys) and nothing has shown that they think Ola is that guy.

I wasnt sure about Buggs. I thought he was a DE, though my mind was arguing with me

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

moncrief is gone, so do they get a comp pick for this? Colbert used up how much cap for what, 2 catches? I don't even know what his stats were, but he never had many catches , probably more drops.

Why did they keep chickillo? that's another colbert fail, he just never stops failing with his signings. 

Yeah we get a 3rd round comp for Bell now

28 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah we get a 3rd round comp for Bell now

do we get one for moncrief as well? I read that we did, or is the addition of cutting moncrief and bell what nets a total of a RD3 comp pick?

what did you think of bell saying the steelers were inquiring to trade for him? I can't believe that, no way.  

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

do we get one for moncrief as well? I read that we did, or is the addition of cutting moncrief and bell what nets a total of a RD3 comp pick?

what did you think of bell saying the steelers were inquiring to trade for him? I can't believe that, no way.  

Cutting Moncrief allows a comp for Bell.  They had lost it because Fort was cut by the Eagles.  Comp pick formula is complicated.

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

Cutting Moncrief allows a comp for Bell.  They had lost it because Fort was cut by the Eagles.  Comp pick formula is complicated.

why not bring back Fort?  I never understood the comp pick formula, but it's good they gave up on a WR averaging $1m per catch, good one colbert