Draft Approach

mwalker

11 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

He is an intriguing developmental guy.  Any of these others guys peak your interest?  I enjoy your analysis. 

I am interested in Jeremy Chinn as a small school UDFA or 7th round pick.  

Tipa Galea'i is interesting but a waste for the Steelers unless they think they can put 10-15lbs on him.  Character reg flags as well.

A.J. Green is consider a late round CB but I really liked him as a soph.  I would love to take a chance on him.

I would also take a chance on Michael Divinity Jr. EDGE LSU

After watching this past weekends divisional round a few things really stood out to me.

The most successful teams had powerful defenses that were just tough or they had true mismatch nightmares on offense. Tennessee reminded everyone that power football still wins. KC and GB showed again the impact of a franchise qb.

We have the powerful defense. Not perfect but definitely powerful.

We have the franchise quarterback. Maybe in his last year.

We have a few exciting wide receivers.

What we lack for 2020 is a dominate running game and a dominate TE. The TE probably can't be upgraded thru the draft. The return of Jesse James and the re-signing of Vannett will probably be our most realistic option for next season.

BUT we must draft stud running back. Conner is a great #2 back, but if we have a true #1 to carry 65% of the load then we will be ready to face 2020. Use the other picks for the other needs and bring in plenty of quality UDFAs to compete at cb, dl and ol.

Hunter Henry is probably going to get paid big time but with his injury history might come at a discount. Not a Steelers type of signing but with the moves they have made this past year (trading for Minkah/trading up for Bush) I could see them doing it.

Sign Henry and draft Jonathan Taylor/Cam Akers/Etienne in the 2nd round and we are looking at a scary offense to pair with our D next season.