2019 Offseason (eating crow)

dll2000

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The NFL is about results. That is how everyone is judged. All 1st round busts have good tape and a reason they go high.

Not really true. Tim Couch wasn't particularly good at...anything. Matt Leinart had a fairly weak arm, without much else to compensate for that. Ryan Leaf had serious psychological problems, as well as a profound incapacity to read defenses. Jamarcus Russell was a drug addict. You're acting like drafting Trubisky is a mistake worthy of being lined up next to these others. 

It isn't. 

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Not really true. Tim Couch wasn't particularly good at...anything. Matt Leinart had a fairly weak arm, without much else to compensate for that. Ryan Leaf had serious psychological problems, as well as a profound incapacity to read defenses. Jamarcus Russell was a drug addict. You're acting like drafting Trubisky is a mistake worthy of being lined up next to these others. 

It isn't. 

The thing with Mitch is that he came into the league raw and you expected him to grow and become the player you want.

That trajectory never occurred.

7 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

The thing with Mitch is that he came into the league raw and you expected him to grow and become the player you want.

That trajectory never occurred.

True.

He has shown a disturbing lack of mental toughness--that's his biggest flaw. Nothing he displayed in college, although people might feel free to attach a "one year wonder" to that assessment. 

He could still be a solid player, and if not a starter, will probably be a backup for the next decade. Hardly the monumental brainfart of a pick @WindyCity makes him out to be. 

9 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

True.

He has shown a disturbing lack of mental toughness--that's his biggest flaw. Nothing he displayed in college, although people might feel free to attach a "one year wonder" to that assessment. 

He could still be a solid player, and if not a starter, will probably be a backup for the next decade. Hardly the monumental brainfart of a pick @WindyCity makes him out to be. 

2nd overall pick=Backup QB

If that is not a monumental failure I am not sure what is.

He was suppose to be the lynch pin to a period of sustained success. Instead he will be holding a clipboard.

10 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It isn't. 

Not Jamarcus and Leaf because they flamed out off the field.

Trubisky should be mentioned with the Bortles and Jake Lockers.

Guys who never developed and were busts based on where they were picked in the draft. Guys who never returned on anywhere near the investment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Not Jamarcus and Leaf because they flamed out off the field.

Trubisky should be mentioned with the Bortles and Jake Lockers.

Guys who never developed and were busts based on where they were picked in the draft. Guys who never returned on anywhere near the investment.

Yup. Which probably gives Pace some wiggle room. But it might not--if Trubisky is history, we'll find out for sure.

Getting back to what you posted earlier (my apologies for not reading everything); the biggest dig on Trubisky was, indeed, him being a one year wonder. I believe we both voiced such concerns at the time...

18 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Yup. Which probably gives Pace some wiggle room. But it might not--if Trubisky is history, we'll find out for sure.

Getting back to what you posted earlier (my apologies for not reading everything); the biggest dig on Trubisky was, indeed, him being a one year wonder. I believe we both voiced such concerns at the time...

I think we should give Pace another shot at QB and see if he can learn from his mistakes. If we get a new GM we're in the same boat of wondering if this person can figure out how to draft a QB. There is definitely luck involved. 

15 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I think we should give Pace another shot at QB and see if he can learn from his mistakes. If we get a new GM we're in the same boat of wondering if this person can figure out how to draft a QB. There is definitely luck involved. 

Not all misses count the same.

This was such a spectacular miss and will do such damage to the franchise that I am not sure I am interested in Pace being given a 2nd shot.

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Not all misses count the same.

This was such a spectacular miss and will do such damage to the franchise that I am not sure I am interested in Pace being given a 2nd shot.

Tough to trade up one spot to take the 1st QB off the board and he's the worst of the two that went after him...