naptownskinsfan

Which game is the GOTW?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is the GOTW?

• #8 Georgia vs #6 Florida
    • #15 SMU @ #24 Memphis
    • Other- specify in thread

21 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Don't let Maryland distract you from the fact that Nebraska still sucks.

I honestly don't think Nebraska has any way back. Once they lost blue chip status they have nothing to fall back on. Their recruiting base is just not good. In theory even Tennessee is still in a recruiting hotbed to get back; what does Nebraska have? Without the name cache they just won't be able to get the recruits necessary to be BACK.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I honestly don't think Nebraska has any way back. Once they lost blue chip status they have nothing to fall back on. Their recruiting base is just not good. In theory even Tennessee is still in a recruiting hotbed to get back; what does Nebraska have? Without the name cache they just won't be able to get the recruits necessary to be BACK.

It's impossible for any team to be "back" at this point other than Texas just because they, well, recruit in Texas.

There just isn't enough talent going around anymore, talked about this last week. There's 5 programs and everybody else is competing to be in the second tier every now and again.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's impossible for any team to be "back" at this point other than Texas just because they, well, recruit in Texas.

There just isn't enough talent going around anymore, talked about this last week. There's 5 programs and everybody else is competing to be in the second tier every now and again.

USC can definitely get back. Unless you think they never left, which I'd strongly argue otherwise.

I'm not ready to say Tennessee can never get back because I think the entire landscape of the SEC changes when Saban finally goes. I mean it isn't like Clemson and UGA have always been here, you can enter the blue chip status.

10 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Even Navy is recruiting in Tennessee, so the Vols have a lot of competition there.