Week 9 GDT: Browns @ Broncos

BroncoSojia

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope CLE's front 7 just obliterates us. 

I don't want anyone to get seriously hurt, but I want as high of a draft pick as possible, and I want the message to go loud and clear to Elway that he needs to commit to a full rebuild as much as possible.   And invest in LT Rd1 this year barring some major exodus of talent between now and April lol.   We can find WR and IOL / ILB on Day 2 (although it would have been a LOT easier with another Day 2 pick acquired today...sigh).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope CLE's front 7 just obliterates us. 

I don't want anyone to get seriously hurt, but I want as high of a draft pick as possible, and I want the message to go loud and clear to Elway that he needs to commit to a full rebuild as much as possible.   And invest in LT Rd1 this year barring some major exodus of talent between now and April lol.   We can find WR and IOL / ILB on Day 2 (although it would have been a LOT easier with another Day 2 pick acquired today...sigh).

I want a win - just as I do with every game. Let the draft picks fall where they do. 

Seriously - I cannot understand any fans, in any sport, who want their teams to lose a game. 

Once you get into the habit of losing it is very hard to get out of it - just look at the Browns.

Edited by jolly red giant
  • Like 1

Just now, broncofan48 said:

So was out of service today.  Disappointed there was no trades but such is life I guess

Can anyone tell me what to expect from Allen?  Anything to make watching this game this weekend worth it?

If you play the CLE D in fantasy football (season long or DFS) it's def worth watching Allen. 

1 hour ago, jolly red giant said:

I want a win - just as I do with every game. Let the draft picks fall where they do. 

Seriously - I cannot understand any fans, in any sport, who want their teams to lose a game. 

Once you get into the habit of losing it is very hard to get out of it - just look at the Browns.

You can't think of a single scenario where you would root for your team to lose? 0-15 vs. 0-15, loser gets an Elway/Manning prospect in a one quarterback draft? Still, go Broncos? 

Edited by BroncoBruin

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If you play the CLE D in fantasy football (season long or DFS) it's def worth watching Allen. 

Hahaha cmon im better at fantasy than that (go Pats DST) 😉

I just meant the guy has bounced around And I’m doubtful it’s anything but I do like watching Sutton and the RBs so anything above dumpster fire is great 

4 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Hahaha cmon im better at fantasy than that (go Pats DST) 😉

I just meant the guy has bounced around And I’m doubtful it’s anything but I do like watching Sutton and the RBs so anything above dumpster fire is great 

In DFS though it's about ownership & cost, I mean you're def good with NE DST lol.

He's not a guy who pushes the ball downfield.  And that D with both excellent cover CB's back and Garrett / others in pass rush...could get really ugly on that side of the ball.

Edited by Broncofan

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

You can't think of a single scenario where you would root for your team to lose? 0-15 vs. 0-15, loser gets an Elway/Manning prospect in a one quarterback draft? Still, go Broncos? 

No - not one single scenario - for me being a supporter is about rooting for your team to win - and win every game - no matter the circumstances. Let the draft picks fall where they land.

I come from Ireland - I grew up with soccer as my first love - I hate the way money controls soccer - a handful of teams dominating everything globally and the fans getting screwed in the process.

American football is different in that there is a salary cap and there is the draft - effectively every team has a level playing pitch and the worst teams get an opportunity to be the best. I also like the fact that there is effectively  minimum wage for players - again something that does not exist in soccer. The only annoying thing is the the Pats get a $10m-$15m a year bounce from Brady taking half the salary that his talent warrants in the NFL.

In 1992 English soccer was taken over by Murdoch's Sky conglomerate - at the time a player in the top division earned on average £5,000 a week - a full-time professional five divisions down earned £250 a week. Now the top players in the Premier League in England can earn £500,000 a week - the guy five divisions down - well he is still on £250 a week. That is how soccer has been ruined because it applies across every country.

Now - that is a tangent - but the point is that every NFL team has an opportunity to be the best - you have to draft well, you have to have a good FA, you have to coach well and the players have to play well. Its not rocket science - but it is probably the most difficult thing to do in sport (unlike in soccer where all you have to do is throw money at the problem). 

Root for your team to win every single game - and hope that the people running the team know what they are doing (and don't get me started on the brain f*rt that is the Trust).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

In DFS though it's about ownership & cost, I mean you're def good with NE DST lol.

He's not a guy who pushes the ball downfield.  And that D with both excellent cover CB's back and Garrett / others in pass rush...could get really ugly on that side of the ball.

Well I might have to find something else to do Sunday then haha

And I’ve never played DFS it was illegal in MT not sure if it still is or not 

25 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

No - not one single scenario - for me being a supporter is about rooting for your team to win - and win every game - no matter the circumstances. Let the draft picks fall where they land.

Root for your team to win every single game - and hope that the people running the team know what they are doing (and don't get me started on the brain f*rt that is the Trust).

I appreciate your perspective and respect it, but to me it's totally short-sighted thinking. I care about the team in a macro sense. Winning a game at 2-6 is inconsequential. These kind of seasons are bout evaluating which players you can build around. I care more about the process of getting back to our games actually mattering. Losing has two benefits: elevating your odds of hitting in the draft, and forcing the hand of management to make necessary changes. All I remember about the 2016 finale against a depleted Raiders team without its QB was how it tanked our draft standing and the team got no long term benefit from it. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I appreciate your perspective and respect it, but to me it's totally short-sighted thinking. I care about the team in a macro sense. Winning a game at 2-6 is inconsequential. These kind of seasons are bout evaluating which players you can build around. I care more about the process of getting back to our games actually mattering. Losing has two benefits: elevating your odds of hitting in the draft, and forcing the hand of management to make necessary changes. All I remember about the 2016 finale against a depleted Raiders team without its QB was how it tanked our draft standing and the team got no long term benefit from it. 

Why is wanting your team to win short-sighted?

Winning a game at 2-6 is not inconsequential - it demonstrates that you do not give up - that you go out every day and try to win - that you do not settle for second best. I can guarantee you that, no matter what the Miami management want, every Miami player goes out every week to try and win a game - there is no point in playing this game if you don't - and every week there are about 1,700 players out of a population of 327million that get to go out and play football in front of, not just America, but the entire world.

Now - at 2-6 I don't have a problem with evaluating players, about seeing who can coach, about trying new things, about realising where you are as a team - but you still try and win the games and let the dice fall where they may. Like I said - give up on trying to win and it is a long way back to competitiveness.