Week 9 GDT: Browns @ Broncos

BroncoSojia

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

I hope you aren’t talking about Harry who’s nowhere near the athlete DT is and hasn’t played.

Oh I am just sit back and watch him turn into the next Boldin or something. The point is to get a starting caliber X WR at 32 in that offense is soooooo huge. 

He's going to be good down the stretch week 12-16 they face Charmin paper thin defensive backs. Don't be surprised when they rest Bradys arm in games in November/ December and pull out two new shiny fresh toys in Harry and Damian Harris who will also have fresh legs.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh I am just sit back and watch him turn into the next Boldin or something. The point is to get a starting caliber X WR at 32 in that offense is soooooo huge. 

He's going to be good down the stretch week 12-16 they face Charmin paper thin defensive backs. Don't be surprised when they rest Bradys arm in games in November/ December and pull out two new shiny fresh toys in Harry and Damian Harris who will also have fresh legs.

I’d be absolutely floored if he makes an impact in the least WR-friendly offense (mentally) in the league as a rookie. 

Anyway, that’s not to say he’s bad or anything. He just ain’t DT, who ran sub 4.4 with a broken foot.

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I’d be absolutely floored if he makes an impact in the least WR-friendly offense (mentally) in the league as a rookie. 

Anyway, that’s not to say he’s bad or anything. He just ain’t DT, who ran sub 4.4 with a broken foot.

That's true I mean DT could turn a screen into an 80 yard td with the snap of the fingers.

Harry I do believe is more polished as a route runner coming out so I expect him to make an impact now that Gordon is on IR.

If you have an IR spot in fantasy use it on him.

• Like 1

Plus obv no Flacco with IR.

So with James out again, and our best blocking TE out as well, it's Bolles & Wilkinson vs. Myles Garrett & Olivier Vernon.   

I do hope CLE crushes our O to make it clear where we stand on this charade....but I do hope Allen (or anyone else) doesn't get seriously hurt.  And to be clear, there's no other alternative, I'm not suggesting otherwise - but the worst thing that could happen is a semblance of mediocre O - which would lead Elway to think the experiment should be extended.  Better we pull the band-aid off early.   Having said that, no serious injuries.    I hope Allen's wearing full body armor on Sunday.   

Having Vinovich's crew will help the guys get away with as much borderline stuff as possible, that's about the biggest hope to avoid a massacre on passing downs.

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Plus obv no Flacco with IR.

So it's Bolles & Wilkinson vs. Myles Garrett & Olivier Vernon.   

I do hope CLE crushes our O to make it clear where we stand on this charade....but I do hope Allen (or anyone else) doesn't get seriously hurt.  I hope he's wearing full body armor on Sunday.   Having Vinovich's crew will help the guys get away with as much borderline stuff as possible, that's about the biggest hope to avoid a massacre on passing downs.

Man that James and Callahan signing is looking awful.  Both came in with injury concerns and have had injury filled careers only to basically miss the entire season.  I was a fan of both signings, but man just another blow.  Obviously there is still upside to these signings moving forward, but both have struggled with injuries throughout they’re careers.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Man that James and Callahan signing is looking awful.  Both came in with injury concerns and have had injury filled careers only to basically miss the entire season.  I was a fan of both signings, but man just another blow.  Obviously there is still upside to these signings moving forward, but both have struggled with injuries throughout they’re careers.

To be fair to James, it was just an unlucky hit that put him on the shelf Week 2, the injuries he'd had before weren't ones that gave a really huge risk of injury beyond the normal risk you see with trench guys.   The bigger issue with him is that he may have been rushed back too soon.   I mean, it was like the 4th play and he went down.  That screams too soon.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

The way I see James is IF he stays healthy the final 5 games which is a huuuugggge if and it helps Locks development than it's a win.

I personally would draft two tackles in this loaded draft, plus a development type center and have Wilkinson and McGovern battle it out for guard.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair to James, it was just an unlucky hit that put him on the shelf Week 2, the injuries he'd had before weren't ones that gave a really huge risk of injury beyond the normal risk you see with trench guys.   The bigger issue with him is that he may have been rushed back too soon.   I mean, it was like the 4th play and he went down.  That screams too soon.  

For sure.  You can’t predict injuries.  It’s just with everything else that’s gone wrong that just piles on.

6 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Nobody is putting a gun to Elway's head and forcing him to pay the gimps though. 

What are his alternatives other gimps???

There's a reason these guys become free agents. Free agent offensive lineman are the biggest risk/reward out there. If your play warrants it you get resigned 9 times out of 10 unless your replacement is that good and that cheap. Or, your team is rebuilding ala Miami hence why we got James imo.

Now Bryce was always an injury risk that's why he was a free agent.  Why rush him back at 2-6? For who for what this teams goals the rest of the way are tanking for a top 5 pick and seeing what Drew Lock has. I'm sure they also wanna get Fant on the fast track to developing too.

Pick him up in fantasy football I have the pair of Fant who's getting Sanders targets and Chris Herndon after I rage cut OJ Howard after that Carolina debacle in London. 

On 10/31/2019 at 7:06 PM, thebestever6 said:

That's true I mean DT could turn a screen into an 80 yard td with the snap of the fingers.

Harry I do believe is more polished as a route runner coming out so I expect him to make an impact now that Gordon is on IR.

If you have an IR spot in fantasy use it on him.

Harry is going to be good

• Like 2