Prequel to World War III Mafia: Night 5 (Send Yerr PMs!)

SwAg

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@SwAg  Thanks for hosting.  

Game was fun.  Since I have no idea how the town roles were set up and what they had for moves, I can only believe that it was balanced.

Mafia messed up in a few situations and that cost them a better chance at winning.

Town likely messed up in a few situations...(though without knowing the roles and moves, I can only go from what I had for info from my side of things) 

• Gopher claim was a disaster
  • The lynch of counselor

Those are the 2 that stand out the most

To be fair, I had the right idea I just failed with the execution 

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

It's in part why I voted him, so fallacy might be the wrong word 

For sure, it's a null tell. Obviously you were right this time, but previous scenarios where I acted the same you would have been wrong. 

And lets remember, I never engaged you on that specific topic really. So you really don't know how everyone would have responded my counter arguments regarding why I didn't involve myself in that. I won't discount the possibility that you could have gotten me lynched based on that alone, but I think it would have been an uphill climb once the debate started in earnest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

To be fair, I had the right idea I just failed with the execution 

The sole reason we did not hit you after you came out that you had hit me was the potential that Counselor might protect you.   I was pretty adamant that you had to be the kill that night to remove that "advantage" that town had.   If our group could control the night kills (by being the only group that could make them) and with our ability to pardon a lynch and that forge was unlynchable we would have been in great shape.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Well that's probably because @MWil23 had already stepped on the landmine and lost his insides while just waiting to die xD

Oh I knew it right away half asleep and all. I was a lost cause. I begged for an immediate bus in chatty too. Actually Rack day killing me helped because:

1. It didn’t give away anyone else

2. We converted him

3. He could have and would have killed @Forge our Godfather 

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

The sole reason we did not hit you after you came out that you had hit me was the potential that Counselor might protect you.   I was pretty adamant that you had to be the kill that night to remove that "advantage" that town had.   If our group could control the night kills (by being the only group that could make them) and with our ability to pardon a lynch and that forge was unlynchable we would have been in great shape.  

Yeah, Counselor had us in a bit of WIFOM there and we elected for the guarantee kill to get the endgame closer. Truthfully, it worked. We got the the quick lynch on me that day which may not have happened had we killed Touch (remember, he voted me first and said it was time to vote Forge...the quick lynch didn't allow for ET to get his invest results into thread), and then it ultimately led to the mislynch of Counselor, which we wouldn't have gotten had Touch not been alive. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

So what about the town players that didn’t get involved in that conversation? 

Name them and I'll relate it to their meta. It's a big picture thing that has mutiple aspects is what Pickle is getting at imo. 

For you, you arent very active D1, so you not posting about it was a Null tell, maybe you missed it maybe you didnt

Swag not posting about it while posting on other things would be a red flag, because that is something he would pick up on immediately

If I was playing normal, I'd bet 100000 dollars Pickle would have said i was scum for sure, cause I would normally as town post about it in some way, liked the post like some did or something

It's not a black or white thing...its goes to the specific poster, how they reacted to it, when, what manner, tone, etc

Mwil and Forge was sure fire red flags/scum. I'm guessing it was clear to you all who were town so Mwil as town would have not jumped to a group of others for the people who acknowledged it, if he was town with the same win con. It's a combination of a lot of things that leads to the read in that situation...and I 100% believe Pickle was spot on with it. Maybe not explaining it though lol

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Might be lead counsel for the White house here soon enough!!!

I mean, they need all the help they can get right now.

Tbh, surprised we made it through this game.  Thought for sure it was destined to be shutdown.

2 hours ago, The Orca said:

Games over...thankfully...any other setups with the long time lags on the lynches make known beforehand, so I can check out even more. It was painful

Also, @rackcs wasnt mafia ever. Dude is a traitor lol

How dare you, you son of a *****! At the time I believed I could've just voted forge with et and hockey, kill or convert one that night and win. But I didn't cause I was trying to get my incompetent bros the win too.

He was told what to do and chose to do nothing, so yeah...that was on him

That's just not factual in any way.

You allowed PM phishing and ignored my request for the town wincon for like 12 hours. 

Also if that's your term vanilla it should be stated. Vanilla means they dont have a move. Mafia players don't have moves tones of times...can still use the factional kill. 

Crappy mechanics imo

There was no fishing at all. Nobody was trying to catch people on that.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

In fairness, he actually did that for us. If he used his move on ET, there was a chance that ET would be converted. Thus ending the game and we (as in incompetent crime syndicate) would lose. He thought it was better to just leave ET be, we could hang him the following day and split the win. We weren't aware that Touch was going to come back. I for one appreciate Rack's effort and willingness to give us the win. 

Thank you forge <3

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

So if @rackcs was allowed to be in the chat and use the factional kill, would that not mean he is in fact mafia.  

If he was converted but allowed to stay in the chat then he should not have been allowed to use a FACTIONAL MOVE.  By all accounts you were allowing him to use a factional move that is only available to mafia members 

That seems like a screw up imo. 

I used the factional kill while mafia, not after I was converted again

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Allowing town to PM fish was wrong and a bad way to set it up.  

It outed mwil and forge instantaneously.  Regardless of roles, it's just not fun. 

Again, nobody fished. Mwil just started talking about the WC stuff when he had no idea what he was talking about. There was no fishing.

1 hour ago, Dome said:

I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but playing the PM game is usually "what time did you get the timestamp" or "what specific word did the host use to say your alignment was" or "what's the 7th letter in on your wincon?"

.... not "I don't have a town wincon, hope I'm not alone."

I have no way of knowing if that's just going to end up in my death. I took a bit of a leap of faith too. 

If someone has a role that might lead them to claim early (like maybe a friendly PGO with a survivor wincon) and their claim could mess up mafia, the host should probably given mafia a fake role PM so they don't slip up. 

The rules say you may paraphrase your role and abilities, the fact that I was a survivor and also town could come out, per the rules.

I felt my best play was to get ahead of having an odd wincon and trying to draw mafia heat.

I don't think you did anything wrong at all. You spelled it out and mwil tried to go against what you said as if you would have outed yourself like that.

36 minutes ago, Dome said:

actually, malf and forge did the whole "anyone wanna claim friendly other?" "ITS A TRAP!" conversation before I brought it up. that's what made me bring it up.

They set their own trap, then set it off while they were still inside.

I showed up later and they were already in there. I have to say something.

Exactly. Once mwil put his foot in his mouth, we couldn't ignore it.

20 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

bc if I remember right the op of the marvel game had everything you would have needed to avoid it.

Nope, I only sent out the WCs and put it in the OP after Matts started fishing.

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Mwil and Forge was sure fire red flags/scum.

These are two different things though. Mwil blew it up in his face. I refused to acknowledge. No doubt I have to answer for that at some point, but it's a fairly easy rebuttal and not a strong enough case on it's own to get the majority to vote me, in my opinion. It may have brought suspicion. Can't deny that. So I may have been targeted via night moves a bit more.