Robert Nkemdiche is a Bust

DirtyDez

I give prospects three years. I had Nkemdiche graded an 8.00 which is the last point in my first round scale, so right on the border of being a 2nd pick. I haven't followed him since he's been in the league. I'll let the Cardinals board judge him for what he's been so far until it becomes clear to everyone what he's been towards the end of his rookie deal. This kind of discussion at this stage isn't productive, it's the draft board. I'm here to discuss current prospects, not guys who have been in the league a while.

Edited by CalhounLambeau
  • Like 1

Nkemdiche had a major problem with his hand usage. He was a mess from a technique standpoint, but I still loved him as a prospect, assuming those problems would be ironed out. Apparently they have not...

I think playing in a 3-4 hurts him somewhat, as you need to have more technique and hand usage in that scheme. In a 4-3, he can just disrupt and penetrate. Not shocked at his lack of production, but I would have bet on him being a good player.

On 9/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, CWood21 said:

Wasn't the standard to wait 3 seasons before we call someone a bust @DirtyDez?  Are we changing it to a year and one game now?

That's right! I myself spent 4 YEARS waiting, and hoping, and wishing, and praying, for my man VERNON GHOLSTON to blossom into that unstoppable combination of speed and power (and, ooooooo, that sculpted physique!!) that he was supposed to be. It got to where every Saturday I would sacrifice a small creature on a special fire to the gods, asking that Vern get that elusive First Sack! Alas, he never did. Ah, well- he did help out in storm-ravaged Haiti, even if he never managed a single sack- so there's that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bzane said:

That's right! I myself spent 4 YEARS waiting, and hoping, and wishing, and praying, for my man VERNON GHOLSTON to blossom into that unstoppable combination of speed and power (and, ooooooo, that sculpted physique!!) that he was supposed to be. It got to where every Saturday I would sacrifice a small creature on a special fire to the gods, asking that Vern get that elusive First Sack! Alas, he never did. Ah, well- he did help out in storm-ravaged Haiti, even if he never managed a single sack- so there's that.

You must like BBQ. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/12/2017 at 8:29 PM, SwoleXmad said:

You must like BBQ. 

Who doesn't?

On 11/17/2018 at 1:08 PM, DirtyDez said:

Bump.  Benched now injured.

He seems like a guy who would benefit from a change in scheme/scenery. He'll probably pop back up on the radar after he's free to sign elsewhere. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...