Bengals benching QB Andy Dalton; starting rookie Ryan Finley

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Serious question...how much can you even learn about Finley in this situation that the team currently finds itself in? I mean, I'm fine with giving Finley a shot, but as I said, you may as well convert Dalton's base to a bonus, make his base the vet minimum, and trade him to a contending team. At the very worst he's a top notch back up for a team that may not have a good situation there. 

I agree 100% I don't know any QB that can win behind that line. Granted it was vs AD but the guy blocking him had a PFF grade of 1.6 this past week. They need to put all they can into building it up. Which they might be able to add resources towards that by trading Green and Dalton. 

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

On page 45 of the 2019 Draft QBs thread I compared Finley to a combo of Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, and Tom Brady. Not sure how to quote from another thread otherwise I would. We'll see if that analysis holds up.

I felt he was largely undraftable,  but it was mainly an age issue for me (I don't draft old dudes). 

10 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

On page 45 of the 2019 Draft QBs thread I compared Finley to a combo of Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, and Tom Brady. Not sure how to quote from another thread otherwise I would. We'll see if that analysis holds up.

1/3 of Brady = 2 SB's so Bengals made the right move here imo

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

but why

Wow- this seems to me like a pretty clear-cut case of Ginger Prejudice!!!!

Oh, sure, the Jets and the Bengals will deny it, and you probably wouldn't be able to prove it in court- but I think we all know what is going on!!

Image result for andy daltonRelated imageImage result for sam darnold
Edited by bzane
  • Like 2