Bengals benching QB Andy Dalton; starting rookie Ryan Finley

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

On page 45 of the 2019 Draft QBs thread I compared Finley to a combo of Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, and Tom Brady. Not sure how to quote from another thread otherwise I would. We'll see if that analysis holds up.

to quote another thread, you can do it one of two ways. You can hit the little plus sign next to quote on your original post, then you can go to the other thread and hit the button that appears in the lower right. Or you can hit the share button on the top right corner of your original post and copy the link, then past where you want. The second is better if you want to have something time stamped or show evidence of the actual post. 

13 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

That's going to be one of the most hilarious games in NFL history. They should make it a primetime game lol. 

I can visualize it as a 4 point game in the final seconds. Suddenly a ballcarrier breaks loose and is heading for a touchdown for the trailing team. Then he gets felled by a shot from his team's owner box. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Yep, that was the problem. 

Seriously, convert the remainder of this years salary into a signing bonus, trade him to a team like Chicago. Get something for him, because he's still an improvement for some teams. 

Not only do I think he's still an improvement, I think he can have an Alex Smith like renaissance if he goes to the right place.

Andy Dalton is a good QB stuck on awful teams.

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

On page 45 of the 2019 Draft QBs thread I compared Finley to a combo of Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, and Tom Brady. Not sure how to quote from another thread otherwise I would. We'll see if that analysis holds up.

On that same page or page after, I have Finley as my QB2 above Haskins, Lock, Grier, and Jones. 

My Pro Comparison for Finley is also Tom Brady. 

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Come to Buffalo AJ, plz.

I get why people are saying this stuff, but does anyone really expect the Bengals to trade AJ Green for a 4th round pick when they can franchise him and let him work with the new QB they're going to draft next year?

I just don't get how that makes any sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean tbqh it's almost entirely because Mike Brown is dumb.

Sorry i'm not trying to be obstinate, but i don't understand.  People are saying the Bengals should trade AJ because they think Mike Brown is dumb?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Yep, that was the problem. 

Seriously, convert the remainder of this years salary into a signing bonus, trade him to a team like Chicago. Get something for him, because he's still an improvement for some teams. 

Too late to trade him at this point, would take too long to get a grasp of a new teams playbook, verbage and terminology to be effective until it's too late to keep them in contention unless by some miracle they can tread water with whoever else they have.

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

WTH are the Bengals doing. Bench starting QB, who isn’t the problem. Yet, let’s not trade the aging Vet WR who still has some value and is not going to re-sign.

Oh he's definitely part of the problem.  Not the whole problem, but part of it.  He missed two TD throws to Auden Tate alone on Sunday from my memory, and i only watched about 30 minutes of the game.  I'm sure i missed more of his misfires.

They lost by 14, btw.

I don't expect this will put the Bengals over the hump, but Andy is not helping things.

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Too late to trade him at this point, would take too long to get a grasp of a new teams playbook, verbage and terminology to be effective until it's too late to keep them in contention unless by some miracle they can tread water with whoever else they have.

I don't think that's the case at all, especially if the Bengals are eating salary. Obtaining him as a starter wouldn't be the only option at that point. 

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

WTH are the Bengals doing. Bench starting QB, who isn’t the problem. Yet, let’s not trade the aging Vet WR who still has some value and is not going to re-sign.

I wouldn't put significant money on that.

I won't go so far as to guarantee that he will re-sign, but they're still negotiating.  This isn't a Trent Williams situation where he cut off contact with the club.  He wants to play for the Bengals.  I'm betting the hiccup is the Bengals are trying to work him down given his recent injury history, and Green's camp doesn't buy that.