Rams trade CB Aqib Talib to Dolphins

.Buzz

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The Steelers pick already could be top 10, and we have a ton of holes, I'd rather just keep all three.

Yeah, I agree with you here. Even if you end up with something like #2, #12, #22 (your current draft placements), there is no reason to trade up from any of those spots. If anything else, depending on where this draft shakes out, It may almost be worth it to trade down from 12 to like 18/19 and see if you can pick up another decent second round pick. I'd stay put with pick #1 (elite talent / top quarterback), probably stay put with the third pick (since trade downs from the 20s don't garner a ton of value, unless you're making a small move and picking up a third or something), and only probably look to move down from #12. 

4 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I think something happened with Talib and Peters. I think they had enough of wade and maybe even weddle. They just didn’t fit and the rams quickly removed them from the team. These trades set a narrative and it could be very flammable. Snead has cut Jamon Brown who was a decent starter, traded Quinn who was a locker room guy. And made some moves in trading for Talib and Peters. But hey he’s making stuff happen.. Just need to show some loyalty to the squad and not make every guy seem replaceable.. 

MIAMI

NATION STAND THE HELL UP.. 

also, did Talib have another year? I was under the impression that this was his last year. Not sure how trading him helps. 

We still smash you by 20 bud

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I agree with you here. Even if you end up with something like #2, #12, #22 (your current draft placements), there is no reason to trade up from any of those spots. If anything else, depending on where this draft shakes out, It may almost be worth it to trade down from 12 to like 18/19 and see if you can pick up another decent second round pick. I'd stay put with pick #1 (elite talent / top quarterback), probably stay put with the third pick (since trade downs from the 20s don't garner a ton of value, unless you're making a small move and picking up a third or something), and only probably look to move down from #12. 

I like your reasoning and i also think than 12+22 could make you have a top 5 pick. I prefer having two players among Tua, Burrow, Young, Thomas, Jeudy, Okudah than only one + any combination of Epenesa/Leatherwood or a Wirfs/Diggs or Taylor...

Edited by zappa13004

2 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I like your reasoning and i also think than 12+22 could make you have a top 5 pick. I prefer having two players among Tua, Burrow, Young, Thomas, Jeudy, Okudah than only one + any combination of Epenesa/Leatherwood or a Wirfs/Diggs or Taylor...

The draft is so much of a crapshoot that id rather draft more, honestly.  In a normal draft,  half of the top 10 ends up busting, at least, anyway... the hit rate on mid 1sts isn't significantly lower. 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The draft is so much of a crapshoot that id rather draft more, honestly.  In a normal draft,  half of the top 10 ends up busting, at least, anyway... the hit rate on mid 1sts isn't significantly lower. 

You right. Though, Chase Young, Andrew Thomas and Jerry Jeudy looks like blue chip players. So if i can have one of them + a QB (pick your fav), i think its better. Mid 1st you can have solid contributors. right. its an interesting debate and reflexion for them to have. Especially considering theyll have plenty of picks in top 150 to then build.

On 2019-10-29 at 12:48 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Essentially paying Talib 4.25 million for a Rams late 5th round pick still seems wasteful from the Dolphins perspective

Late 5th round draft picks are a stones throw away from UDFA's, I'd rather have the real like cash, and the cap rollover into next season if I'm the Fish here

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Essentially paying Talib 4.25 million for a Rams late 5th round pick still seems wasteful from the Dolphins perspective

Late 5th round draft picks are a stones throw away from UDFA's, I'd rather have the real like cash, and the cap rollover into next season if I'm the Fish here

cap space is the least of Miamis concerns at the moment. they are going to try and add as much talent through draft picks as possible. And with so many rookies on the roster im sure cap space will not be an issue.

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

We have nearly $113M in cap room projected for 2020. The team was going to struggle just to get to the spending floor, frankly. I'm not worried about giving up $4.25M of that for a pick, even if it is a late rounder.