Rams trade Talib to Miami

.Buzz

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

That's easy to say right now, but do you really think the Rams went into the season assuming the line was going to play this bad? The offense was set up to run where Goff has the time to find a guy like Cooks deep on any given play. Neither Cooks' role in the offense or his contract are the problem, but people continue to find things to complain about aside of what is throwing everything out of wack. It's really simple, if the line plays well, the entire offense plays well and runs how it was designed to run. 

You really expect Cooks to go up for a catch and in a split second think "alright what's the best way to stick the landing" in mid air? This isn't a commercial where time just slows down and allows him to think it through. It's football, injuries happen.

The Rams thought the O-Line was fine with Noteboom and Allen plugging in. I didn't and voiced those concerns since August, but that's neither here nor there. The reality is that the O-Line is the problem. Completely agree. We didn't add any O-line help outside of Corbett, Noteboom is hurt, so I don't see it getting much better this season. 

Cooks being often concussed is a problem, but not thee problem. His contract wasn't a problem going into the season, but we also didn't expect to trade for Jalen Ramsey and have to pay him. I don't think we expected Littleton to play this well and he is. He will need to be paid. Fowler was also a mystery whether we expected to pay him or not, but he is playing very well even if he had a few games with no sacks. Kupp will likely need to get paid next year after what he's done this season. My point is, things change. You need to adapt and re-prioritize and the position I'm taking on Cooks is reflective of that. Although I will admit I was unaware of the cap ramifications of trading him. It's a moot point in that regard. But unknowing of that, the idea of trading Cooks is not absurd.

There are plenty of undersized WR's that play in this league and do not have near the amount of concussions that Cooks does. Concussions happen, but the frequency is higher with him than the norm. He gets atleast partial blame. Greg Jennings, TY Hilton, Antonio Brown, Desean Jackson do not have Concussion concerns. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

That's easy to say right now, but do you really think the Rams went into the season assuming the line was going to play this bad?

Is it ? If the majority of the fan here could open their eyes and take a step back they would see that the Oline was going to be a huge issue since the free agency. 

You don't let veteran Oline player go in FA and expect that a bunch of young player replace them in a heartbeat. 

Everyone said Demby was going to be very good because Kromer said before the Preseason games that he loved Demby... 

You could see in the PS games that the youngster OL were not ready at all and if injury happened this OL would be a disaster.  

I said it numerous times but as always, you were drinking the cool aid. 

And i will still say that Ramsey is not going to resolve our Offense issue. 

37 minutes ago, Flounch said:

If the majority of the fan here could open their eyes and take a step back they would see that the Oline was going to be a huge issue since the free agency. 

Dont pull something patting yourself on the back so much.

But lets actually inject a bit of reality into this revisionist history going on by some of you around here;

• Please find me any level headed poster on this site that said Demby was the answer much less "Very Good"... Ill wait
  • No one was under the assumption that we wouldnt have a step down when we lost Saffold, but we also know how the league works and you cant keep everyone
  • Noteboom is still a very good Lineman, he is clearly a better Tackle than Guard, but thats where we needed him with this group
  • And as much of an issue Brian Allen has been this year, John Sullivan was JUST as bad last yeat. He was down right awful at times
  • And I didnt see anyone predicting the Havenstein regression

So sure, some of us had more faith in the OL we were running out there than they have shown so far, but it made sense from what we had actually seen from Noteboom in '18, with how bad Sullivan actually was last year, and the fact that the young guys were getting a ton of First Team reps during practice all year. 

They need to get better, no doubt about it. Corbett looks like he could be a decent Interior OL for us. And we need to figure out what is going on with Rob, as well as see what we have with the other 2 Draftees from this year, and hope we can limit the additions in the Offseason to 1 Starter instead of 3.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Is it ? If the majority of the fan here could open their eyes and take a step back they would see that the Oline was going to be a huge issue since the free agency. 

You don't let veteran Oline player go in FA and expect that a bunch of young player replace them in a heartbeat. 

Everyone said Demby was going to be very good because Kromer said before the Preseason games that he loved Demby... 

You could see in the PS games that the youngster OL were not ready at all and if injury happened this OL would be a disaster.  

Offensive issues are moot when Defense is only letting up 15 points....I understand the offensive line concerns, but if McVay can gameplan to get the ball out faster (like the Patriots do constantly) it will mitigate offensive line concerns.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2019 at 8:38 PM, Flounch said:

We didn't claim any ILB or OL ?! Deep trouble incoming

On 01/09/2019 at 8:45 PM, NVRamsFan said:

This forum really needs a laugh button next to the like one. 

On 03/09/2019 at 4:06 PM, BStanRamFan said:

If this is true then I really can't understand why Dakota Allen was put on PS. My major concern for the season is O-line depth and ILB. I'm holding out that we sign Brandon Marshall after week 1. 

On 03/09/2019 at 6:34 PM, NVRamsFan said:

I always appreciate the laughs you provide me. It’s always entertaining when fans continually tell us how much smarter they are than coaches like Bones, Wade and McVay.

On 03/09/2019 at 11:43 PM, Flounch said:

If you don't see our Oline and ILB depht as  weak then you are blind. 

You know you can critize Bones, Wade or Mcvay, you won't go in jail. 

On 04/09/2019 at 12:54 AM, NVRamsFan said:

The oline depth was people around here’s biggest issue last year and look what happened. The top two on depth were coached up and are starters now.

Our ILB last year were weak against the run. We got rid of Barron and moved Littleton into his spot, an upgrade. At Littleton’s spot we installed a better run defender, for the one or two downs he’s going to even be on the field, an upgrade there. We kept Reeder as depth another good run defender and have a preseason on the PS. Our ILB are as good if not better than last year. Plus we have the vet Matthews who can put snaps in at ILB. What would you rather they do? Sign some 30 year old who doesn’t know the defense or the other players who got cut like Mason Foster? Or the even worse Brandon Marshall? 

It always comes back to these are the OLine that Kromer and McVay chose. These are the LB that Wade chose. Forgive me for trusting their choices more than any fan opinion. So by all means worry away. It’s entertaining reading you worrying about the decisions by two of our coaches. Wades a hall of gamer and Kromer is damned good at what he does. By all means don’t let me stop you from worrying about something you can’t control or influence.

On 04/09/2019 at 1:02 AM, NVRamsFan said:

Read my response to Flounch, but again if it makes you feel better to worry about things don’t let ,e stop you from doing it. The constant negativity in this sub is amazing. We were in the Super Bowl last year. Our roster has three new people that weren’t draft picks/udfa. We have some of the best coaches in the league. Yes we’re inexperienced with our oline depth. That doesn’t mean they aren’t good. I’d rather a young player these guys molded than somebody who is an older cast off from another team, especially since it seems their only purpose is to lessen the worrying of a few fans. Same goes for ILB. Getting rid of Barron upgrades our run defense even if we just put a damned traffic cone in his spot. Putting Greg Gaines and Sebastian Joseph-Day at NT upgrades our defense. Having Hager, who’s not great, but is better against TE run and a better tackler in the run game tahn Barron upgrades our defense. 

The two of you keep coming back to the same thing and you get mad at me for laughing at it. Wade and Kromer made their choices, and they aren’t the ones you wanted so that has to mean they’re wrong. You may be right, but anybody can see why supporting the decisions the coaches is the right call.

On 04/09/2019 at 2:46 PM, BStanRamFan said:

No one is being constantly negative? We are diehard fans pointing out obvious areas of weakness. This is the point of a team forum. To discuss and give opinions. 

O-line is not the position to gamble on youth and inexperience. Especially now with our new franchise QB. We also have been EXTREMELY lucky with injuries along the O-line the last 2 years to not have to dig deep into our rotation. I fear if we have to do that this year with Saffold and Sullivan gone (even though he was bad late last year) we will be in trouble. 

As for ILB, Brandon Marshall is 29 so not "old", but OK older. Mason Foster is the same age. Marshall's best years were with Wade so this would be a player already "molded"; plug and play. All for having Travon Howard give him a breather on some downs as we bring him along. 

LMFAO if you think a mid round rookie and a rotational player are upgrades over Suh. Now you're just reaching and very hard to take serious. I'm all for being a homer, but lets try to have a conversation based in reality. Hager may be a better tackler in the run game, but better than Barron covering TE's? Based on what? I'm baffled. He was drafted #7 overall as a FS lol jesus

This team is well coached, but has weaknesses. They were exposed by the Patriots. Go watch the film review that Belicheck and McDaniels did of the superbowl. They were licking their chops to attack Littleton over the middle of the field and our interior Oline was dominated with Goff facing pressure up the middle constantly. Again, I get youre a big fan. I am too. But we must be honest withourselves where improvements can be made. If you're not interseted in hearing anyone disagree with moves the team made, I think you're in the wrong place. If you go to NFL.com/larams you will find some great reading material that doesn't upset you. 

Well i said all the Rams fan but it was only NVRAmsFan i guess

Edited by Flounch
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Well i said all the Rams fan but it was only NVRAmsFan i guess

I'm confused what your point is? People get tired of every post you make complaining about some coach or player and it's our fault or something? Nobody here aside from maybe stl thinks this team is perfect and without flaws. A lot of us just don't ***** about it every time we post here. Sorry if saying this makes me a bad guy. 

• Like 4

On 10/29/2019 at 1:06 PM, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Honestly I hope cooks retires. 

Why would he do that when he could just sit on IR and get paid. 

Looking at the contract, retiring would cost him 12 million next year alone. You guys can cut him after next season though 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/brandin-cooks-14429/#

9 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Cooks being often concussed is a problem, but not thee problem. His contract wasn't a problem going into the season, but we also didn't expect to trade for Jalen Ramsey and have to pay him. I don't think we expected Littleton to play this well and he is. He will need to be paid. Fowler was also a mystery whether we expected to pay him or not, but he is playing very well even if he had a few games with no sacks. Kupp will likely need to get paid next year after what he's done this season. My point is, things change. You need to adapt and re-prioritize and the position I'm taking on Cooks is reflective of that. Although I will admit I was unaware of the cap ramifications of trading him. It's a moot point in that regard. But unknowing of that, the idea of trading Cooks is not absurd.

Excellent points. Good perspective. 

In hindsight, that contract was a mistake though. Concussions are tricky. Sucks for him 

15 hours ago, Flounch said:

If the Rams didn't think that they could make what they had work, they wouldn't have let Saffold go. Obviously they felt they could manage without him. Were they wrong? Yup. Did a few of us here see that coming? Yup. Guess what? None of that matters because we don't call the shots. They thought what they had would be good enough and proceeded with that mindset so yes, it's easy to say that now through 8 weeks of regular season games that they did not have to use to evaluate before the season.

Ramsey's not going to resolve the offense issue? Wow, you're a regular prophet. No offensive lineman were traded at the deadline with tons of teams looking for them. That tells you that none were available, so what does Ramsey have to do with anything? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm confused what your point is? People get tired of every post you make complaining about some coach or player and it's our fault or something? Nobody here aside from maybe stl thinks this team is perfect and without flaws. A lot of us just don't ***** about it every time we post here. Sorry if saying this makes me a bad guy. 

Hey I dont think the Rams are perfect. I just dont think they are this terrible team people are making it out to be. So when people say the QB regressed, the oline is terrible, and no run game without knowing any better you would think the Rams are the 2018 Jaguars. They arent. They are still top 12 in yards and top 8 in ppg. They are still really good even though they do have flaws on offense. That just shows you how scary this team is because if they are hitting on all cylinders on offense they are elite. They are still really good even though they arent hitting on all cylinders. I do trust McVay to figure things out too. The defense has been playing great since really the Niners game. They had a terrible 2nd half against the Panthers, a great overall game against the Saints, a terrible game against the Bucs then on a short week struggled against the Seahawks which is understandable. Then did a very nice job holding the Niners to 20pts and under 100yds rushing. They shutdown the Falcons the entire game and didnt allow a single point to the Bengals in the 2nd half after not being great in the 1st half which again is understandable because those London games can be brutal because of the travel and stuff. So the defense is doing its job and will only get better with adding Ramsey, getting back Matthews, and with guys like Obo, Rapp, and Long getting alot of playing time and gaining more experience. So yeah Im just a glass half full type of guy and we know what the Rams are capable of with the talent and the coaching and the Rams are right where they need to be at (5-3) one game out of the WC spot with 8 games left to play. They know they can carry that momentum into the 2nd half and help them make another run. But again I say that not thinking the team is perfect because no team is, Im just not going to by into the sky is falling theory that alot of people from the media and even alot of fans have set on the Rams. 

55 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Hey I dont think the Rams are perfect. I just dont think they are this terrible team people are making it out to be. So when people say the QB regressed, the oline is terrible, and no run game without knowing any better you would think the Rams are the 2018 Jaguars. They arent. They are still top 12 in yards and top 8 in ppg. They are still really good even though they do have flaws on offense. That just shows you how scary this team is because if they are hitting on all cylinders on offense they are elite. They are still really good even though they arent hitting on all cylinders. I do trust McVay to figure things out too. The defense has been playing great since really the Niners game. They had a terrible 2nd half against the Panthers, a great overall game against the Saints, a terrible game against the Bucs then on a short week struggled against the Seahawks which is understandable. Then did a very nice job holding the Niners to 20pts and under 100yds rushing. They shutdown the Falcons the entire game and didnt allow a single point to the Bengals in the 2nd half after not being great in the 1st half which again is understandable because those London games can be brutal because of the travel and stuff. So the defense is doing its job and will only get better with adding Ramsey, getting back Matthews, and with guys like Obo, Rapp, and Long getting alot of playing time and gaining more experience. So yeah Im just a glass half full type of guy and we know what the Rams are capable of with the talent and the coaching and the Rams are right where they need to be at (5-3) one game out of the WC spot with 8 games left to play. They know they can carry that momentum into the 2nd half and help them make another run. But again I say that not thinking the team is perfect because no team is, Im just not going to by into the sky is falling theory that alot of people from the media and even alot of fans have set on the Rams. 

That was a joke about you :) Sorry you didn't get that I think everybody else did get what I was saying. If there's a person on here who's the antithesis of him it's you. Always find a way to be positive and get behind a player and coach. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonStark said:

If the Rams didn't think that they could make what they had work, they wouldn't have let Saffold go. Obviously they felt they could manage without him. Were they wrong? Yup. Did a few of us here see that coming? Yup. Guess what? None of that matters because we don't call the shots. They thought what they had would be good enough and proceeded with that mindset so yes, it's easy to say that now through 8 weeks of regular season games that they did not have to use to evaluate before the season.

Ramsey's not going to resolve the offense issue? Wow, you're a regular prophet. No offensive lineman were traded at the deadline with tons of teams looking for them. That tells you that none were available, so what does Ramsey have to do with anything? 

I don't know, maybe we could use these 1st round to draft some cheap and quality OL and upgrade our offense.

It could be a good idea....or we can build an OL with some 4th, 5th, 6th rounder, maybe it's a better idea ? errrr wait

22 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Dude, your relentless negativity does get tiresome. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

So now telling the truth and be realistic it's being relentless negativity ? 

My point is that i'm fed up to read that everything is fine until everything goes wrong. 

When i say something bad about this team and that is true, i'm always the black sheep because you are too blind to accept the true reality. 

It's like in this section, we can't critize the team, the coach, the player because hey you're just a fan. Just trust them and you will see the greatness of this team....

But it's doesn't work like that. If the team goes in the wrong direction, it just goes on the wrong direction. 

I can't deny this and keep saying that this team will be better next time. 

This team is not going to be better and the 2 wins against the Falcons and the Bengals are not convincing me at all. 

I'm not negative, i'm just realistic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

My point is that i'm fed up to read that everything is fine until everything goes wrong. 

When i say something bad about this team and that is true, i'm always the black sheep because you are too blind to accept the true reality. 

It's like in this section, we can't critize the team, the coach, the player because hey you're just a fan. Just trust them and you will see the greatness of this team....

But it's doesn't work like that. If the team goes in the wrong direction, it just goes on the wrong direction. 

This team is not going to be better and the 2 wins against the Falcons and the Bengals are not convincing me at all. 

You're negative, dude. And it's consistent. You're not some radically honest truth-teller with incredible foresight. You're a pessimist who rarely seems content with this team. It's no big deal, dude. But some of us do get tired of it. Plenty of us criticize this team from time to time. Outside of one specific poster, we manage to do it without being relentlessly negative. Ramster was down on the team a couple weeks ago. I didn't call Ramster a pessimist because he's optimistic more than often enough to cancel it out.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Flounch said:

I don't know, maybe we could use these 1st round to draft some cheap and quality OL and upgrade our offense.

It could be a good idea....or we can build an OL with some 4th, 5th, 6th rounder, maybe it's a better idea ? errrr wait

I don't know you in person but you're the most negative person I've ever encountered in my long life. But if that's what makes you happy you do you. We've accepted it and for the most part just ignore you.