Rams trade Talib to Miami

.Buzz

8 hours ago, Flounch said:

I don't know, maybe we could use these 1st round to draft some cheap and quality OL and upgrade our offense.

Snead has always drafted BPA so drafting an OL wasn’t a 100% guarantee in the first round. He actually may have went CB since we traded both our starting CBs. 

Now what are the chances of us drafting a Jalen Ramsey type corner or even player in the first round of the draft. Oh 50% you say? Well would you rather gamble a cheap 50% chance or a pay more for a sure fired elite player?

and even if we ended drafting an OL in the first round like you say then what happens if he turned out to be a bust like Greg Robinson? Then you’d be singing a different negative tune. 

8 hours ago, Flounch said:

So now telling the truth and be realistic it's being relentless negativity?

I'm not negative, i'm just realistic. 

It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Don’t get me wrong. I criticize the team as well. But at the end of the day it’s still my team and i trust the owner, VP, GM and HC. How many teams can you say that about other than the Pats?

Quite frankly, you’re the most negative dude I’ve seen on this forum. It would be nice to have you give feedback instead of consistent criticism 

Edited by rocky_rams

14 hours ago, Flounch said:

I don't know, maybe we could use these 1st round to draft some cheap and quality OL and upgrade our offense.

It could be a good idea....or we can build an OL with some 4th, 5th, 6th rounder, maybe it's a better idea ? errrr wait

It's not as simple as that, no matter how strongly you try to make it fit your narrative. A first rounder does not always mean better production.

Would you really rather have John Ross, Corey Davis, or Zay Jones over Kupp right now? Because all of them were drafted higher. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You're negative, dude. And it's consistent. You're not some radically honest truth-teller with incredible foresight. You're a pessimist who rarely seems content with this team. It's no big deal, dude. But some of us do get tired of it. Plenty of us criticize this team from time to time. Outside of one specific poster, we manage to do it without being relentlessly negative. Ramster was down on the team a couple weeks ago. I didn't call Ramster a pessimist because he's optimistic more than often enough to cancel it out.

16 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I don't know you in person but you're the most negative person I've ever encountered in my long life. But if that's what makes you happy you do you. We've accepted it and for the most part just ignore you.

Yes i'm the most negative dude on the planet earth. I'm just telling what i see and if most of view don't see it then it's not my fault. 

It's like the season where Goff was benched for Keanum and everyone said if GOff was a starter the team will be playing better and win.

Except me because i'm so negative...

13 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Snead has always drafted BPA so drafting an OL wasn’t a 100% guarantee in the first round. He actually may have went CB since we traded both our starting CBs. 

Now what are the chances of us drafting a Jalen Ramsey type corner or even player in the first round of the draft. Oh 50% you say? Well would you rather gamble a cheap 50% chance or a pay more for a sure fired elite player?

and even if we ended drafting an OL in the first round like you say then what happens if he turned out to be a bust like Greg Robinson? Then you’d be singing a different negative tune. 

It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Don’t get me wrong. I criticize the team as well. But at the end of the day it’s still my team and i trust the owner, VP, GM and HC. How many teams can you say that about other than the Pats?

Quite frankly, you’re the most negative dude I’ve seen on this forum. It would be nice to have you give feedback instead of consistent criticism 

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

It's not as simple as that, no matter how strongly you try to make it fit your narrative. A first rounder does not always mean better production.

Would you really rather have John Ross, Corey Davis, or Zay Jones over Kupp right now? Because all of them were drafted higher. 

Yes okay would i prefer have Tom Brady with a 6th or Dwayne Hoskins with a 1st ? We could play all day like this...

Draft are no guarantee and it's not a surprise. But neither the player we trade is a guarantee of playing well. See the Peters trade. 

I'm not saying Ramsey is going to be Peters but he could be injured or not playing at the level we expect him to play. Or he could stay playing at the elite level.

Like a draft pick, it's a gamble too. 

5 hours ago, Flounch said:

Yes okay would i prefer have Tom Brady with a 6th or Dwayne Hoskins with a 1st ? We could play all day like this...

Draft are no guarantee and it's not a surprise. But neither the player we trade is a guarantee of playing well. See the Peters trade. 

I'm not saying Ramsey is going to be Peters but he could be injured or not playing at the level we expect him to play. Or he could stay playing at the elite level.

Like a draft pick, it's a gamble too. 

You overvalue picks too much.

Yes they are both gambles, but if you can't see that gambling on a player who has proven it in the NFL at an elite level is different than gambling on a prospect straight out of college, I'm not sure what to tell you. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 3:13 PM, Flounch said:

Yes i'm the most negative dude on the planet earth. I'm just telling what i see and if most of view don't see it then it's not my fault. 

It's like the season where Goff was benched for Keanum and everyone said if GOff was a starter the team will be playing better and win.

Except me because i'm so negative...

You were right then. How about the next year when Goff threw 28 TDs to 7 Ints? Were you optimistic or pessimistic about Goff in the preseason that year?

• Like 4

On 10/31/2019 at 4:22 PM, Flounch said:

It could be a good idea....or we can build an OL with some 4th, 5th, 6th rounder, maybe it's a better idea ? errrr wait

Eh. This is a really, REALLY deep offensive line draft. At least the best in the last 10 years without exaggeration. The only one that's kind of come close to it was 2016, and yeah, this one is better. 

Andrew Thomas, Walker Little, Trey Adams, Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, and Trey Smith are all first-round talent left tackles. Mekhi Becton and Tristan Wirfs are both first-round talent right tackles. Then you have guys with 1st-round skillsets that can probably be found on day two to play tackle, like Prince Tega Wanogho, Yasir Durant, Alaric Jackson, and Terrance Steele. Then you have some other good guys who are graded as starter-caliber tackles and are more of the type that would normally go early on day two, late on day one (a la Ryan Ramsczyk, Forrest Lamp, Cam Robinson, Cody Ford, etc) in Calvin Throckmorton, Robert Hunt, Hakeem Adeniji, and Sam Cosmi. This class is DEEP.

At guard, Solomon Kindley is a really really good guard prospect, much better than Lindstrom last year IMO. Trey Smith, Hakeem Adeniji, and Calvin Throckmorton are both candidates to move to guard. Ben Bredeson out of Michigan seems pretty similar to Lindstrom as a plug-and-play prospect at guard. Shane Lemieux is a nice prospect who should also be a plug-and-play candidate on day two.

Center is probably the thinnest position this year, but that's okay because there's only one first-round caliber prospect, and I doubt the Rams would have targeted him anyways. Tyler Biadasz is a really good player, but unrealistic IMO. However, the next best option is yet another Oregon offensive lineman in center Jake Hansen. He squared up against Derrick Brown in the season opener and he did a good job of limiting an elite blue-chip prospect in Brown. He's a day 2 prospect that the Rams could potentially get. Washington's Nick Harris and Mississippi State's Darryl Williams are mid round prospects who could be good starters in the NFL. They both of length limitations to play elsewhere in the NFL, but they're both stouter with better bases than Brian Allen. Darryl Williams was one of the best guards in the SEC for a couple years, but with Elgton Jenkins moving on to the Packers, he's switched to center, which is a better fit, and he's playing really well. He can pack a good punch in the ground game and is fairly mobile. Nick Harris has a strong base and doesn't often get caught reaching. He's fairly agile, could be a good fit for the Rams. Alex Leatherwood is someone who can play all five positions on the OL, though he's ideally IOL, and he's probably a mid round candidate who will likely get more hype. Washington State's Frederick Mauigoa has good traits with a good frame and really nice strength. Evaluators and scouts have to be patient and wait until the East-West Shrine or Senior Bowl to see if he can be a hogmollie or fire off the snap, due to the strange Washington State blocking scheme.

Honestly, if I'm the Rams, I'm hoping that we get Prince Tega Wanogho or Alaric Jackson in round two or three - though Prince might remind people too much of Greg Robinson, given that Prince has an excellent skillset, flashes all-world talent at times and get beaten badly at others, and is from Auburn. Both of those guys have 1st-round skillsets but would probably slide, similarly to Greg Little this past year. I could see them poitentially falling to round 3. If I'm the Rams, I target one of those two guys, and then I go after Hakeem Adeniji. He's really smooth, just a good mover all around and has a lot of talent, but he may not have the length to play tackle in the pros. If we get him to play guard, that could be really good. He's the ideal outside-zone prospect. Thought, center is probably the top need on the Rams OL, and there are some good prospects, just a limited number of them in each round. I'd ideally be drafting a center in rounds 3 or 4. 

• Like 1

On 05/11/2019 at 4:39 AM, jrry32 said:

You were right then. How about the next year when Goff threw 28 TDs to 7 Ints? Were you optimistic or pessimistic about Goff in the preseason that year?

Well i'm not always right and i already said i was wrong at the time to prefer Mannion over Goff. Who could predict he will turn the 2017 season like this ? 

Now, if you asked me about Goff and what i think about him. I'm only noting that in 3 years he hasn't progress big time. He still make the same mistake over and over. 

Is that pessimistic or is it the reality ? 

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Eh. This is a really, REALLY deep offensive line draft. At least the best in the last 10 years without exaggeration. The only one that's kind of come close to it was 2016, and yeah, this one is better. 

Andrew Thomas, Walker Little, Trey Adams, Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, and Trey Smith are all first-round talent left tackles. Mekhi Becton and Tristan Wirfs are both first-round talent right tackles. Then you have guys with 1st-round skillsets that can probably be found on day two to play tackle, like Prince Tega Wanogho, Yasir Durant, Alaric Jackson, and Terrance Steele. Then you have some other good guys who are graded as starter-caliber tackles and are more of the type that would normally go early on day two, late on day one (a la Ryan Ramsczyk, Forrest Lamp, Cam Robinson, Cody Ford, etc) in Calvin Throckmorton, Robert Hunt, Hakeem Adeniji, and Sam Cosmi. This class is DEEP.

At guard, Solomon Kindley is a really really good guard prospect, much better than Lindstrom last year IMO. Trey Smith, Hakeem Adeniji, and Calvin Throckmorton are both candidates to move to guard. Ben Bredeson out of Michigan seems pretty similar to Lindstrom as a plug-and-play prospect at guard. Shane Lemieux is a nice prospect who should also be a plug-and-play candidate on day two.

Center is probably the thinnest position this year, but that's okay because there's only one first-round caliber prospect, and I doubt the Rams would have targeted him anyways. Tyler Biadasz is a really good player, but unrealistic IMO. However, the next best option is yet another Oregon offensive lineman in center Jake Hansen. He squared up against Derrick Brown in the season opener and he did a good job of limiting an elite blue-chip prospect in Brown. He's a day 2 prospect that the Rams could potentially get. Washington's Nick Harris and Mississippi State's Darryl Williams are mid round prospects who could be good starters in the NFL. They both of length limitations to play elsewhere in the NFL, but they're both stouter with better bases than Brian Allen. Darryl Williams was one of the best guards in the SEC for a couple years, but with Elgton Jenkins moving on to the Packers, he's switched to center, which is a better fit, and he's playing really well. He can pack a good punch in the ground game and is fairly mobile. Nick Harris has a strong base and doesn't often get caught reaching. He's fairly agile, could be a good fit for the Rams. Alex Leatherwood is someone who can play all five positions on the OL, though he's ideally IOL, and he's probably a mid round candidate who will likely get more hype. Washington State's Frederick Mauigoa has good traits with a good frame and really nice strength. Evaluators and scouts have to be patient and wait until the East-West Shrine or Senior Bowl to see if he can be a hogmollie or fire off the snap, due to the strange Washington State blocking scheme.

Honestly, if I'm the Rams, I'm hoping that we get Prince Tega Wanogho or Alaric Jackson in round two or three - though Prince might remind people too much of Greg Robinson, given that Prince has an excellent skillset, flashes all-world talent at times and get beaten badly at others, and is from Auburn. Both of those guys have 1st-round skillsets but would probably slide, similarly to Greg Little this past year. I could see them poitentially falling to round 3. If I'm the Rams, I target one of those two guys, and then I go after Hakeem Adeniji. He's really smooth, just a good mover all around and has a lot of talent, but he may not have the length to play tackle in the pros. If we get him to play guard, that could be really good. He's the ideal outside-zone prospect. Thought, center is probably the top need on the Rams OL, and there are some good prospects, just a limited number of them in each round. I'd ideally be drafting a center in rounds 3 or 4. 

Thanks for the input. It's a good thing to know. 

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

Well i'm not always right and i already said i was wrong at the time to prefer Mannion over Goff. Who could predict he will turn the 2017 season like this ? 

Now, if you asked me about Goff and what i think about him. I'm only noting that in 3 years he hasn't progress big time. He still make the same mistake over and over. 

Is that pessimistic or is it the reality ? 

Pessimistic, as always.

• Like 2