Mike Nugent Cut

Deadpulse

4 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

Gostkowski isn't worth what they're paying him but let's not act like he's not better than 80-90% of all NFL kickers, let alone the guys that are available mid-season.

/thread

Let's not act like Gostkowski actually was better than 80-90% of the kickers in the NFL this season or any better than Nugent. Gostkowski was arguably the worst kicker this season in the games he played, without weather or game flow, (i.e. "pressure to make the kick"), playing a factor in any of his misses. Nugent was cut simple because he has a limited range.

/thread

Edited by DoleINGout

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Let's not act like Gostkowski actually was better than 80-90% of the kickers in the NFL this season or any better than Nugent. Gostkowski was arguably the worst kicker this season in the games he played, without weather or game flow, (i.e. "pressure to make the kick"), playing a factor in any of his misses. Nugent was cut simple because he has a limited range.

/thread

You're right dude, Bill Belichick, the greatest coach in the history of sports, has employed a bum kicker the last 13-years. Furthermore, he's been such a bum that Belichick hasn't even thought about bringing in basically any competition for SG over the last 13-years. 

DoleINGout knows something we don't, and Belichick doesn't /thread

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

You're right dude, Bill Belichick, the greatest coach in the history of sports, has employed a bum kicker the last 13-years. Furthermore, he's been such a bum that Belichick hasn't even thought about bringing in basically any competition for SG over the last 13-years. 

You're making things so personal by trying to hurt my credibility that it's affecting how objective you are when it comes to the things I post. For example, not once did I say Stephen Gostkowski has been a "bum kicker the last 13-years" whom "Belichick hasn't even thought about bringing in basically any competition for SG over the last 13-years."

The discussion is about this year in particular and I've referenced how poorly Gostkowski is in clutch situations over the last few seasons by looking at Super Bowl performances alone in which he averages over one missed kick per game.

@1ForTheThumb is still bitter because once upon a time he disagreed so passionately with @DoleINGout about a trade scenario that actually came to fruition, despite everything @1ForTheThumb said, it must have been an ego check. Now it seems there is a certain mentality to strongly oppose anything I post that is out of the ordinary and ignore major details for the sake of establishing a forum status quo.

People are entitled to their opinions, that is all, and if others are going to misrepresent someone else's opinion for their own personal reasons, then that is a poor reflection on us.

/thread

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Nobody said SG was always a bum, he was clearly top 5 at his position for the vast majority of his career. But he's definitely on the decline, and especially in the post-season, you can see his nerves/mind aren't handling the pressure well. Is he better than all the mid-season FA options? Almost certainly, because there's only a handful of truly good/great kickers in the league, but he's certainly not currently worth top-flight kicker money, and they must be thinking about replacing him.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

and then it kept going, I also singled no one out. If you have a mod issue, you can pm me

No moderator issue, nor do I feel you singled out anyone by your post. I was stating the facts to show a discrepancy.

Putting /thread is just a joke, but does it conflict with the discussion or rules? I didn’t think so but if so, then feel free to pm me or let e know here.

Edited by DoleINGout

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

For having such a great team some of y’all are quite up in arms. I’d say y’all are spoiled. 

Expectations have been the Super Bowl every season for the last two full decades. Spoiled? Ya think.

As long as the Patriots remain at the top, all their fans want is for the team to seize the moment and perform their best. Along the way most criticism of any beloved Patriots figure is met with rather extreme sensitivity.

Surprise, surprise.

As a result of all the winning, there exists a dynamic of groupthink where just about any suggestion of change involving beloved figures is met with polar opposition. A lot of people are hostile to others who expressly aren't afraid of being wrong, or singled out for saying something that could be construed as premature, or out of line with what the majority expect a typical Patriots team to do.

What do you expect though?

Objectively debating the merits of certain transactions amongst your own fan base is certain to draw biases, and with that, a clash of presumptive judgements from at least one side which can be unforgiving and brash.

• Like 1