call me crazy but....

Pandomonium

16 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I don't think anyone here thinks everything is wonderful. If you think that then the joke is on you I guess. Some people are just watching the season play out without feeling the need to nit pick. If you want to look hard enough at any team you will find their warts. I am far more concerned about Robbie Gould than I am Jimmy and I am barely concerned about Gould at this point.

My question is what happens if the "good teams" come and go and they don't stop the run? What happens if they do, but the Niners still win and Jimmy is still just average in your eyes? I mean at some point he has to have the equity allotted to others. Does he have to win a SB? What if he does in his current state of affairs?

It's complete subjective criticism for nothing. Until we see what happens in these situations why should we doubt the ability when we do not have concrete evidence? It's just really glass half empty, which is fine I guess. I just don't know why the narrative isn't the other way?

I am concerned with Gould as well but not as much as jimmy averaging a turnover a game.

BTW 
if averaging a turnover a game isn't "concrete" enough for you to be concerned then something is wrong with you.

This is what i can't stand about some of you on this board. You take what I post about concerns (chinks in our armor) about this team as "oh he's being so negative" or  " oh he thinks the team is trash"  

everything is NOT black and white. there are areas of grey. 

to completely dismiss what I am saying as nothing and hardly a concern is classic hubris and many of you sound like those stupid cowboy fans who think everything is just fine with the team and there are no concerns. 

I think we have a fantastic team and CAN contend for a 6th championship however there are some things that anyone who can objectively view this team can obviously see are real concerns.

So you fanboys can try to down play me all you want. I said what I said. 
Honestly I sincerely hope I am completely wrong about my concerns with this team and you guys are completely right and we run the table all the way to miami and a 6th championship this year. 

4 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

I am concerned with Gould as well but not as much as jimmy averaging a turnover a game.

BTW 
if averaging a turnover a game isn't "concrete" enough for you to be concerned then something is wrong with you.

This is what i can't stand about some of you on this board. You take what I post about concerns (chinks in our armor) about this team as "oh he's being so negative" or  " oh he thinks the team is trash"  

everything is NOT black and white. there are areas of grey. 

to completely dismiss what I am saying as nothing and hardly a concern is classic hubris and many of you sound like those stupid cowboy fans who think everything is just fine with the team and there are no concerns. 

I think we have a fantastic team and CAN contend for a 6th championship however there are some things that anyone who can objectively view this team can obviously see are real concerns.

So you fanboys can try to down play me all you want. I said what I said. 
Honestly I sincerely hope I am completely wrong about my concerns with this team and you guys are completely right and we run the table all the way to miami and a 6th championship this year. 

It's hard to take a chicken little act with the team currently 7-0. Sorry you're bent out of shape over it, but I am just Koolin' it with Kyle. Things are going better than they have since 1990. Life as a 49er fan is good.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

It's hard to take a chicken little act with the team currently 7-0. Sorry you're bent out of shape over it, but I am just Koolin' it with Kyle. Things are going better than they have since 1990. Life as a 49er fan is good.

again,

phrases like "bent out of shape" or "chicken little act"  is exactly what I am talking about.

nobody said the sky is falling and nobody is bent out of shape 
but to sit up and act like these are not causes for concern is frankly...stupid 
also to portray me as being in a panic because I brought up valid concerns or being completely negative or nay-saying the team is  stupid as well 

its like this group has devolved  one of these facebook niner fan groups where if you don't claim we are the best thing since sliced bread you "aren't a REAL fan"
*rolls eyes*

21 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

I think we have a fantastic team and CAN contend for a 6th championship

On 10/29/2019 at 3:30 PM, Pandomonium said:

Call me crazy guys but I don't think that THIS is our year to get our 6th trophy

These are two conflicting thoughts. 

17 hours ago, Pandomonium said:

I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic. 
but not stupid enough of a fanboy

29 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

something is wrong with you.

So you fanboys

many of you sound like those stupid cowboy fans

And then...

16 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

phrases like "bent out of shape" or "chicken little act"  is exactly what I am talking about.

^You kinda lost the high ground for this one a while ago. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

BTW 

Lastly, exactly what part of 8 of the last 10 Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks had the same problem and didn't have a defense or running game as strong as ours did you not completely understand? If 8 of the 10 quarterbacks can average a turnover a game with worse defenses and worse running games, why is Jimmy G a major insurmountable concern? Because the vast majority of us don't feel that way, and in your very own words - "something is wrong with (us)."

How exactly can you look at everyone around you, posting stat-backed research to back up their points, and come to the conclusion that everyone has lost their minds because you are the only one who has kept their sanity?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

again,

nobody said the sky is falling and nobody is bent out of shape 
but to sit up and act like these are not causes for concern is frankly...stupid 
also to portray me as being in a panic because I brought up valid concerns or being completely negative or nay-saying the team is  stupid as well 

its like this group has devolved  one of these facebook niner fan groups where if you don't claim we are the best thing since sliced bread you "aren't a REAL fan"
*rolls eyes*

I agree that there are concerns with the team. Some could rear its ugly head and cost the 49ers a game or two, who knows. But, in my opinion, this team is better than the 2011 and 2012 teams. This team is better coached, more disciplined, and more unified than those teams. I believe that the 2019 49ers could beat either of those teams. 

Yes, this team has its concerns, but it doesn't this team can't compete for a championship this year.  

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

For the first 5 years, maybe more of Brady's career he was labeled a game manager and not that great. I think people forget that sometimes. 

I do think those 3 games you listed will put clarity into a lot of peoples minds.

Weird. I don't remember that being the chatter at the time with Tom. Especially his second year as a starter when he led the league in touchdown passes. :)

Edited by PapaShogun

"Brady dinked and dunked Indy's D to death, the ultimate game manager and leader, doing whatever it took to win the game."

-Plus much more...

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050118

"Can Brady come to grips with merely steering a compromised offense out of trouble sometimes and not into the end zone as often as he’s accustomed to, if that’s what is required? Yes. We know Brady can do it because it’s what he did in the early part of his career."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2019/09/30/with-this-offense-tom-brady-may-have-game-manager/f4l3GJQ7K82Srw2kpLHGdK/story.html

One other great read on the shifting narrative from game manager to dominant QB:

https://medium.com/@rathanharan/tom-brady-a-legacy-defined-by-privilege-211fbde343e9

• Like 2

I think the pretty obvious answer to the questions surrounding Jimmy G and his lack of game-changing plays is that he just hasn't needed to do it. I see people all over the place saying Jimmy is the weak link on the team because he hasn't shown he can take over a game with his arm. But, when has he needed to do it? That argument is one of the worst ones out there outside of the continual "Who have you played?" bit. 

I'm astonished at the number of people trying to live and die on the hill of Jimmy is a bad QB because he doesn't have big numbers this year. Why should he when the running game is averaging almost 200 yards and 4.5 ypc a game? 

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

"Brady dinked and dunked Indy's D to death, the ultimate game manager and leader, doing whatever it took to win the game."

-Plus much more...

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050118

"Can Brady come to grips with merely steering a compromised offense out of trouble sometimes and not into the end zone as often as he’s accustomed to, if that’s what is required? Yes. We know Brady can do it because it’s what he did in the early part of his career."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2019/09/30/with-this-offense-tom-brady-may-have-game-manager/f4l3GJQ7K82Srw2kpLHGdK/story.html

One other great read on the shifting narrative from game manager to dominant QB:

https://medium.com/@rathanharan/tom-brady-a-legacy-defined-by-privilege-211fbde343e9

Good finds... especially that last one. I was looking a bit and found the Simmons one but I just remember the espn shows (when it was actually decent) talking about how Brady wasn't in the same category as Manning ect. and then the team shut him out in the 2004 playoffs for the most part and then the pats offense wasn't good enough to beat the pitts D in the championship game because Brady was just a game manager etc. It did evolve around the time that Moss went there.

Just now, Ftn49 said:

Good finds... especially that last one. I was looking a bit and found the Simmons one but I just remember the espn shows (when it was actually decent) talking about how Brady wasn't in the same category as Manning ect. and then the team shut him out in the 2004 playoffs for the most part and then the pats offense wasn't good enough to beat the pitts D in the championship game because Brady was just a game manager etc. It did evolve around the time that Moss went there.

It was a take I was saving for the podcast, but I think most forget that Tom Brady wasn't Tom Brady until year 7 as a starter. Drew Brees wasn't Drew Brees until year 7 as a starter. Aaron Rodgers wasn't Aaron Rodgers until year 4 as a starter (though he backed up a legend for 3 years first). None of them were bad, but they were not the QBs we recognize today as the greats they are. Roethlisberger was the same way. Rivers got to his level in year 3 as a starter after sitting for two on the bench. Russell Wilson is now taking his game to a new level. 

The Redskins game was Garoppolo's 16th career start, and just his 6th after a major injury. He's going to continue to grow for a while, and he's going to get even better. 

I started to eviscerate someone in this thread but then I deleted it and decided it is not worth my time or energy. 

I'll just say this, I think this is the best place to talk 49er football on the internet. Super knowledgeable people here and I'm a better fan for reading what a lot of you guys say. This thread is not one of those times 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think the pretty obvious answer to the questions surrounding Jimmy G and his lack of game-changing plays is that he just hasn't needed to do it. I see people all over the place saying Jimmy is the weak link on the team because he hasn't shown he can take over a game with his arm. But, when has he needed to do it? That argument is one of the worst ones out there outside of the continual "Who have you played?" bit. 

I'm astonished at the number of people trying to live and die on the hill of Jimmy is a bad QB because he doesn't have big numbers this year. Why should he when the running game is averaging almost 200 yards and 4.5 ypc a game? 

Fantasy football era analysis. If you aren't averaging 300 yards a game like Brees, you aren't that good. If your pass game isn't your king sword, then your QB is a phony.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, N4L said:

I started to eviscerate someone in this thread but then I deleted it and decided it is not worth my time or energy. 

I'll just say this, I think this is the best place to talk 49er football on the internet. Super knowledgeable people here and I'm a better fan for reading what a lot of you guys say. This thread is not one of those times 

tenor.gif?itemid=4604927