call me crazy but....

Pandomonium

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

This thread made 8-0 that much sweeter

I think you are all being way too harsh on the OP. All he said was this probably isn’t the Super Bowl year, which it probably isn’t. How many times do teams win the Bowl the first year they are an elite team again? I can’t think of a single time in history. He didn’t say the team isn’t for real. The team is 100% legit and a monster. 

I’ve been defending the Niners all year against the “pretender” talk. Against my own Raider fans and other fans. But the Super Bowl I think the OP’s opinion should be considered and not ridiculed. Some of the replies seem ridiculous. 

Before the Skin game at 5-0, I had you guys winning the next five and going 10-0. Then dropping 2-4 in the final six with losses vs GB, @NO, vs LA, and @SEA. 

#3 seed and division winner and losing a road divisional playoff game to the Saints or Packers after beating the Seahawks, Rams, or Vikings in the wildcard game. 

Like I said, I think this team is 100% legit, but the OP being made fun of and ridiculed for this thread seems a bit ridiculous to me.  

Saints and Packers both have higher odds than the 49ers to win the Super Bowl this year according to Vegas and there is a reason for that. 

Edited by BayRaider

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Saints and Packers both have higher odds than the 49ers to win the Super Bowl this year according to Vegas and there is a reason for that. 

There are several reasons, and some have nothing to do with the actual football product. Namely, the betting public can have a hand in the numbers (I'm not sure how familiar you are with sports betting. If you are familiar with it, then ignore that, but in case you weren't, was throwing that nugget out there).

Also, depends on where you go. Last I checked, Caesars has the 49ers and Packers tied at +800, behind the pats and saints (which is correct in my opinion). 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Why? I don't know how much this game means about anything in the long run, just another win to get us closer to the playoffs

Mainly the 'jimmy can't carry us narrative' 

I know it was Arizona, but a lot of the plays that he made were the type of high level quarterbacking reserved for only the top 5 guys in the league. The anticipation and ball placement was impeccable. 

Also, no turnovers, which was a main reason listed as to why 'its not our year' or whatever. 

I just love the doubters at this point. It makes it that much more fun 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

this probably isn’t the Super Bowl year, which it probably isn’t.

Blasphemy

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

How many times do teams win the Bowl the first year they are an elite team again? I can’t think of a single time in history.

1981 49ers for starters

Not going to bother with the specifics of your post with regards to certain posters. I don't care about that noise. I don't care what Vegas thinks. None of that matters. We have a top 2 coach in the NFL and he's not even 40 yet. We have a franchise QB who is the very definition of clutch. We have a run game. We have a defense. That is a winning formula 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

1999 Rams. 

2001 Patriots. 

2001 doesn’t count, worst call in NFL Playoff History. By far. 

Not to mention the whole recording the Rams walkthrough the day before Super Bowl... Warner and Faulk on record saying Bellichick had “checks” for plays they had never even used before. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

2001 doesn’t count, worst call in NFL Playoff History. By far. 

I just looked it up, and the record books lists New England as Super Bowl champions. It counts. Bad calls happen. Sucks when they happen against your team, but they happen. We had a fumble taken away from us in 2011 that pretty much sends us to the Super Bowl. Turns out the team we lost to (the Giants) are in the record book as champions. Totally counts. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Like I said, I think this team is 100% legit, but the OP being made fun of and ridiculed for this thread seems a bit ridiculous to me.  

He brought it on himself. The ridicule started around here: 

And it probably helps if you realize this is what the OP does. He disappears for months to years at a time. Comes back and tells us how he missed the intelligence of this forum. Disappears for weeks to months at a time. Posts something extremely pessimistic. Is countered with logic and reason as to why it's probably nothing. And then he flames out and starts the cycle over again.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

How many times do teams win the Bowl the first year they are an elite team again? I can’t think of a single time in history.

Here's a few for you, working backward: 

2017 - Eagles - Hadn't made the playoffs in 3 seasons. Didn't make it past the Wildcard round since 2008. In 2016, they finished 4th in their division.

2011 - Giants - Hadn't made the playoffs in 2 seasons. Don't know if you want to call them elite, but they won a championship the first time they returned. 

2001 - Patriots - Already discussed (sorry - it's in the record books - it counts - and if we benefit from a similarly poor call in 2019 that gets us to the Super Bowl - AWESOME!)

2000 - Ravens - First ever playoff season

1999 - Rams - Hadn't made the playoffs in a decade

1982 - Redskins - Hadn't made the playoffs in 6 seasons

1981 - 49ers - Hadn't made the playoffs in 9 seasons.

And even without those examples: 

The offense has Emmanuel Sanders (8 playoff games, including 2 Super Bowls and 1 championship), Joe Staley (8 playoff games, including 1 Super Bowl), Tevin Coleman (5 playoff games,  including 1 Super Bowl), Kyle Juszczyk (2 playoff games), Laken Tomlinson (1 playoff game), and Weston Richburg (1 playoff game) among the starters. That's 6 of the 11 starters, and doesn't include whatever Garoppolo picked up in the 8 playoff games, including 2 Super Bowls he observed over there. 

The defense has Richard Sherman (12 playoff games, including 2 Super Bowls and 1 championship) and Dee Ford (5 playoff games)

Special Teams has Robbie Gould (7 playoff games, including 1 Super Bowl)

And among our backups/injured players in the building - Garrett Celek (6 playoff games, including 1 Super Bowl), Ben Garland (6 playoff games, including 1 Super Bowl), Levine Toilolo (5 playoff games, including 1 Super Bowl), Jerick McKinnon (3 playoff games). 

That's a team with 77 games of playoff experience, 10 Super Bowls, and 2 Super Bowl winners. What does it matter that the franchise hasn't been there in 5 years? Because the head coach has plenty of playoffs and Super Bowl experience as well. 

Lastly - and this is most important - nobody said that there might be a chance we don't win it all, or don't even make the Super Bowl. We all understand that's a possibility. The original poster said merely that we wouldn't without any reason in his original post. He then took a while to provide us just one reason. He was given a bunch of reasons why that one reason wasn't really a good reason. And then he flamed out over a series of posts. 

Now you're caught up :-)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think you are all being way too harsh on the OP. All he said was this probably isn’t the Super Bowl year

At first, he said this without giving any effort in why he believed it. It actually read to me like a "come at me, bros" type of intent.

Everything was pretty chill for a while.. with people trying to draw out some elaboration or showing him why a turnover here or there does not spell doom.

Then... he got triggered and posted this at the bottom of page 4. 

On 10/30/2019 at 3:19 PM, Pandomonium said:

because I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic. 
but not stupid enough of a fanboy to think everything is just wonderful 

I usually like Pando's dark and edgy nature, but any flack returned after this was well deserved, imho. I think Jimmy showed what he needed to last night.. and if not, then the opinions on him are too baked in to ever change. I like that Jimmy isn't a "flashy-ME" football player. He's a TEAM player that goes with the flow of what needs doing. 

• Like 2

Jimmy played extremely well last night 

some of his throws were fantastic and he definitely carried the team when the running game was lackluster and TBH predictable (Shanahan had none of the imagination on his run playcalling like he did against carolina) and the defense pretty much laying an egg (in comparison to how they have played in the past)

He did show me what I was concerned about tonight albeit against a mediocre team. 

I'm a man about it.

When I am wrong I will admit it.

I would love to see all the components of this team hit on all cylinders for once this season though. 

allow me to clarify:

usually when two things are on fire for us one other thing sort of lacks 

ie. the defense and running game will be on fire and the passing game will be mediocre...I don't mean because of the lack of attempts of yards I mean the drops the of target passes and of course the INTs 

IMO I think this stretch of the next 8 games is going to require all components of the game to be hitting without flaw for us to beat some of these "heavy hitters" we are about to see:

Saints in New Orleans

Baltimore

Green Bay

the  Rams (who are extra salty about that beat down they got)

Seattle twice

and honestly Arizona again who played us to damn near a standstill last night

6 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

Jimmy played extremely well last night 

some of his throws were fantastic and he definitely carried the team when the running game was lackluster and TBH predictable (Shanahan had none of the imagination on his run playcalling like he did against carolina) and the defense pretty much laying an egg (in comparison to how they have played in the past)

He did show me what I was concerned about tonight albeit against a mediocre team. 

A) It was a division game...there is a difference.

B) It was a short week for our 9ers.

C) Kyler Murray is no slouch of a QB.

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

A) It was a division game...there is a difference.

B) It was a short week for our 9ers.

C) Kyler Murray is no slouch of a QB.

that's what us niner fans will say.
but those who are objective or even hate us will say they are a mediocre team based on their record.

I hear you...don't make that "he didn't hear me face" 
but you know that old saying...."you are what your record says you are"