call me crazy but....

Pandomonium

5 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

the running game was lackluster and TBH predictable (Shanahan had none of the imagination on his run playcalling like he did against carolina) and the defense pretty much laying an egg (in comparison to how they have played in the past)

I agree that both the running game and the defense were uncharacteristically underwhelming last night. But, I think a few things factored into that:

• The defense seemed gassed in the second half, especially when the Cardinals went up-tempo. I think the short week had a lot to do with that and this will be cleaned up with 10 days of rest and preparation.
  • It was stated on here last night that the 49ers didn't have any actual practices, just general walkthroughs in favor of rest. I think this was a major factor in the lack of creativity in the run game. With that said, I did think it was a little odd that this was (I think) the first game this year that Deebo, or anyone, didn't run any sweeps, traps, or anything. I'm chalking the lack of creativity up to no practices prior to the game.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree that both the running game and the defense were uncharacteristically underwhelming last night. But, I think a few things factored into that:

• The defense seemed gassed in the second half, especially when the Cardinals went up-tempo. I think the short week had a lot to do with that and this will be cleaned up with 10 days of rest and preparation.
  • It was stated on here last night that the 49ers didn't have any actual practices, just general walkthroughs in favor of rest. I think this was a major factor in the lack of creativity in the run game. With that said, I did think it was a little odd that this was (I think) the first game this year that Deebo, or anyone, didn't run any sweeps, traps, or anything. I'm chalking the lack of creativity up to no practices prior to the game.

yes you have a point.
but that was the first time a team has gone up-tempo on us and proceeded to walk the field on us.
i hope it was just the fact of the short week and not a chink in our armor.
I can guarantee you other teams are going to be studying this game's film harder than any other game.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

How many times do teams win the Bowl the first year they are an elite team again? I can’t think of a single time in history. He didn’t say the team isn’t for real. The team is 100% legit and a monster.  

It's happened a few times. The 1981 49ers, 2000 Ravens, 1982 Redskins, and 1999 Rams were not playoff contenders for several years before they returned, and won it the first time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

I would love to see all the components of this team hit on all cylinders for once this season though. 

You and me both. I said this earlier in the season on one of the podcasts - I thought it was great that we were finding new ways to win games and new components of the team were stepping up, but we had yet to see this team in top gear. We've still yet to see this team in top gear, which is incredible for a team with an 8-0 record.

Heck, we have yet to see a game where all the starters have played together. On either side of the ball. Staley, McGlinchey, and Juice have yet to be on the field with our new #1 WR, and the defense has missed either Ward or Witherspoon every game. With Kwon's injury...hard to tell if we'll ever see the full defense. But that's football...life is rarely perfect. Luckily, we've overcome that adversity thus far. 

Here comes the fun stretch - we're going to learn a lot about where we might be going and what we need to work on in a hurry. 

24 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

that's what us niner fans will say

That's what most fans say. It happens. Did you know the Pats have lost at least once to the Dolphins in 3 of the last 4 years? The one year they didn't, the pats went 14-2 and still managed to get shut out and lose to....the Bills. Also a divisional opponent. 

24 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

but those who are objective or even hate us will say they are a mediocre team based on their record.

Those who are truly objective will again note the weirdness that comes with Thursday night away games and divisional games. It happens. They would also know that even good teams have weird games. The patriots lost decidedly against the lions last year, got blown out by the Titans, and lost a game to Miami. A single game in any context really shouldn't color or shade anyone's view at this point. We've played better teams than the Cardinals and won more decidedly. We've played worse teams than the Cardinals too. 

Those who hate us aren't really objective, so their opinion on the matter is kind of tainted and has no real merit to be debated. Haters gonna hate. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

that's what us niner fans will say.
but those who are objective or even hate us will say they are a mediocre team based on their record.

I hear you...don't make that "he didn't hear me face" 
but you know that old saying...."you are what your record says you are" 

Sigh. I don't even know why I bother...perhaps I won't any more. Shrug.

Pessimists, can't live with them....pass the beernuts.

57 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

Jimmy played extremely well last night 

some of his throws were fantastic and he definitely carried the team when the running game was lackluster and TBH predictable (Shanahan had none of the imagination on his run playcalling like he did against carolina) and the defense pretty much laying an egg (in comparison to how they have played in the past)

He did show me what I was concerned about tonight albeit against a mediocre team. 

I'm a man about it.

When I am wrong I will admit it.

I would love to see all the components of this team hit on all cylinders for once this season though. 

allow me to clarify:

usually when two things are on fire for us one other thing sort of lacks 

ie. the defense and running game will be on fire and the passing game will be mediocre...I don't mean because of the lack of attempts of yards I mean the drops the of target passes and of course the INTs 

IMO I think this stretch of the next 8 games is going to require all components of the game to be hitting without flaw for us to beat some of these "heavy hitters" we are about to see:

Saints in New Orleans

Baltimore

Green Bay

the  Rams (who are extra salty about that beat down they got)

Seattle twice

and honestly Arizona again who played us to damn near a standstill last night

So this is what I everyone is talking about.

What happened last night has happened before......

2016 @ Arizona 72% comp pctg., 264 yards and 1 TD, 0 INT

2016 vs Miami 69% comp pctg., 232 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT

2017 @ Houston 60% comp pctg., 334 yards 1 TD, 1INT

2017 vs Tennessee 72% comp pctg. 381 yards 1 TD and 0 INT

2017 vs Jacksonville 70% comp pctg. 242 yads 2TD 1INT

2018 @ KC 66% comp pctg., 251 yards 2 TD 0 INT

2019 @Cincinnati 68% comp pctg., 296 yards 3 TD 1 INT

Then of course last night.

So he has shown the ability to play at this level numerous times in his short career as a starter. In fact he is played at this high of a level in nearly half of his starts.

But last night is the one for you. Just like I asked before, what did last night change? How does it change anything?

You weren't a man about it, you got all boo boo faced about it and dramatic and you are still looking for reasons to discredit what he HAS DONE. Get real man.

5 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

So this is what I everyone is talking about.

What happened last night has happened before......

2016 @ Arizona 72% comp pctg., 264 yards and 1 TD, 0 INT

2016 vs Miami 69% comp pctg., 232 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT

2017 @ Houston 60% comp pctg., 334 yards 1 TD, 1INT

2017 vs Tennessee 72% comp pctg. 381 yards 1 TD and 0 INT

2017 vs Jacksonville 70% comp pctg. 242 yads 2TD 1INT

2018 @ KC 66% comp pctg., 251 yards 2 TD 0 INT

2019 @Cincinnati 68% comp pctg., 296 yards 3 TD 1 INT

Then of course last night.

So he has shown the ability to play at this level numerous times in his short career as a starter. In fact he is played at this high of a level in nearly half of his starts.

But last night is the one for you. Just like I asked before, what did last night change? How does it change anything?

You weren't a man about it, you got all boo boo faced about it and dramatic and you are still looking for reasons to discredit what he HAS DONE. Get real man.

so you're a real man by posting this because we disagree?

why don't you grow up 

how are you gonna get mad because somebody posted something you don't agree with and start throwing shots?

furthermore, the stats you recite from 2016, 17 and 18 aren't even relevant because those were different teams

and we all know Cincinnati is trash

secondly YOU are the jackhole painting the narrative that I'm discrediting Jimmy...I never said that

grow up get out of my face and don't comment anymore if you can't hold a adult conversation with someone you disagree with

its  my opinion ...period

how are you gonna try to come for me after the fact that I said i stand corrected?

that's what little impudent little kids who didn't get whippings do

Edited by Pandomonium

I'll be curious to see how the Cards' D turns out, over the next few weeks. I sure got the feeling that their D last night was looking pretty good. Only that Jimmy, Kittle, Manny, and Co. stepped up to be even better. Different teams match up more favorably or vice versa. That's why like Forge said, it's hard to gauge just how good one team or are of a team is in a vacuumed week to week. 

Everyone chill out tho... Pando IS one of us, imo.. and 

oh damn... just reading that Kwon is in fact out for season with pec tear. :( 

3 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

so you're a real man by posting this because we disagree?

why don't you grow up 

secondly YOU are the jackhole painting the narrative that I'm discrediting Jimmy...I never said that

grow up get out of my face and don't comment anymore if you can't hold a adult conversation with someone you disagree with

its  my opinion ...period

how are you gonna try to come for me after the fact that I said i stand corrected?

that's what broads do

That post is so out of line and even misogynist! Get out of here with that attitude. C'mon, man. :S

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'll be curious to see how the Cards' D turns out, over the next few weeks. I sure got the feeling that their D last night was looking pretty good. Only that Jimmy, Kittle, Manny, and Co. stepped up to be even better. Different teams match up more favorably or vice versa. That's why like Forge said, it's hard to gauge just how good one team or are of a team is in a vacuumed week to week. 

Everyone chill out tho... Pando IS one of us, imo.. and 

oh damn... just reading that Kwon is in fact out for season with pec tear. :( 

damn!!