Immediate thoughts/overreactions Week 1 edition

deeluxx3

Maybe it's because it's week one, maybe because I misssd the first half or maybe because we lost to what should be, a good/great team but I'm not upset with this lost. It's weird. Really just an on to Jacksonville mentality.

I said before the game that, Adoree will have his struggles but starting this game will benefit him tremendously in the future. Matching up against a physical WR in Crabree is no easy task for a rookies first game.

Also this may have been one of Casey's worst game of his career. He was damn near invisable and when I did finally hear his name, he was being bowled over by Marshawn. 

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

lol he's a moron but that moron will likely shred this defense next week.

I seriously doubt it. Especially without Robinson.

Get the feeling we'll crush Jacksonville next week. Nothing to really back that up, just a feeling. Not scared of Bortles regardless though, especially without his best target.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Get the feeling we'll crush Jacksonville next week. Nothing to really back that up, just a feeling. Not scared of Bortles regardless though, especially without his best target.

Bortles destroyed this defense in week 16 last year. The Jags defense is even better than last year. Going to be hard to score when we only put up 16 on Oaklands worthless defense.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Bortles destroyed this defense in week 16 last year. The Jags defense is even better than last year. Going to be hard to score when we only put up 16 on Oaklands worthless defense.

Everyone on JAcksonville destroyed everything about us week 16 last year. No one showed up.

20 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Hard to understand how anyone can be confident in a divisional game with this team given recent history. 

I'm optimistic about next week. Fournette's a good back, but he should be at least a bit easier to tackle than Marshawn. Their passing game is virtually non-existent with Bortles at QB and no Allen Robinson.

Hopefully another full week of reps with Davis and Decker will prove beneficial. Big test for the offensive line. I think we win, but I'm not as confident in that as I was seven hours ago.

We'll be lucky if we finish 7-9 and 2-4 in the division.

We just look like we don't do anything to attack a specific defense, like Oakland was doing with Jackson early. We just come out with one 'trick' play, then it's back to vanilla offense and defense. It's what I was worried about with Mularkey when we made him the permanent HC.

17 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

We'll be lucky if we finish 7-9 and 2-4 in the division.

We just look like we don't do anything to attack a specific defense, like Oakland was doing with Jackson early. We just come out with one 'trick' play, then it's back to vanilla offense and defense. It's what I was worried about with Mularkey when we made him the permanent HC.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Cyprien was terrible. Might have been the worst player on the field today.

I think there are still some training wheels on Marcus. Why are we so afraid of airing it out?

pretty much.  seems like the coaching staff doesn't trust mariota to air it out...it's been 3 years now and the offense should be centered around your qb if he's a true franchise qb.  really disappointed with today's showing.  i get that the receivers have been injured and haven't had as much practice time but this offense shouldn't continue to look this disjointed.  it's a problem.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

for a supposed "overreactions" thread, there's a lot more calm in here than in the GDT, lol

most concerned with the piss-poor tackling and atrocious special teams play. offense being out of sync was sort of unavoidable with 2 of our top 3 receivers missing the preseason, and it showed. but has anybody seen a titans receiver make the catch corey davis made along the sideline, out-fighting the DB for the ball, in the last decade or so? i'm excited to watch him continue to develop. adoree took his lumps but made some good plays, too. he's gonna have to improve, but i think he could've been quite a bit worse.

marcus was fine. missed a few throws i'd have liked to see him make, but good to see him looking relatively comfortable. unfortunately because of our other mistakes we needed him to be more than fine to pull out a W. i do think our offense can pull it together once he gels with davis and decker. he was clearly more comfortable with delanie and matthews today.

Fire Mularkey!!!

Is that better? xD 

Archived