The Trent Williams Holdout is "Over"

MKnight82

21 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t think I get it. 

If you really think Trent doing all this will help get rid of Bruce Allen, then I could see why you’d be pleased by all this (or “rooting” for him). But I don’t think this is the issue that gets Bruce canned. If anything, I think something like this (uniting against a common foe) is more likely to bring Dan and Bruce closer together, not the opposite. 

I think what gets Bruce fired is going to be the number in the loss column after this year (or next year). The numbers in the attendance column. The numbers on the ledger sheet. Not some “embarrassment” related to refusing to give in to a player on a personal strike — I think Snyder considers that a positive thing, not a black mark. 

All I see happening, from the beginning of his pathetically cryptic holdout until now, is Trent taking a course that is either intentionally designed or accidentally turning out to be a textbook example of how to torpedo one’s trade value. And now, if he reports and still doesn’t play (particularly by claiming an injury), he will just drove his value even lower. Even if it’s solely because we’re not getting the benefit of an extra year on his contract OR the benefit of actual recent game film for potential suitors to review. 

I don’t care about what’s best for Trent Williams and his career. At all. I don’t want the man to get hurt or get sick again or anything like that — but overall, when it comes to his career, it just doesn’t matter to me. I only care about the Redskins, and all I see happening is the compensation in an eventual trade getting diminished. I can’t root for that. I have to root for him to play well, prove he’s still got it, and then get the return we all hope for in trade. 

giphy.gif

@MKnight82

giphy.gif

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t think I get it. 

I don't think I explained myself well.  My opposition to your post is more than I don't understand why you appear to have the stance that this is Trent's fault and not the Front Office's.

If you really think Trent doing all this will help get rid of Bruce Allen, then I could see why you’d be pleased by all this (or “rooting” for him). But I don’t think this is the issue that gets Bruce canned. If anything, I think something like this (uniting against a common foe) is more likely to bring Dan and Bruce closer together, not the opposite. 

I think what gets Bruce fired is going to be the number in the loss column after this year (or next year). The numbers in the attendance column. The numbers on the ledger sheet. Not some “embarrassment” related to refusing to give in to a player on a personal strike — I think Snyder considers that a positive thing, not a black mark. 

I think it'll have more of an impact than you are stating.  I don't think Dan Snyder's top priority is winning.  I lost that opinion years ago.  Dan only cares about money and his self image.  Winning is 3rd behind that IMO.  If this drags out even more to be a huge embarrassment than this will be a big black eye on Bruce.  This is way bigger than Kirk Cousins, Trent is way more popular with the fans (and more respected around the league).  

All I see happening, from the beginning of his pathetically cryptic holdout until now, is Trent taking a course that is either intentionally designed or accidentally turning out to be a textbook example of how to torpedo one’s trade value. And now, if he reports and still doesn’t play (particularly by claiming an injury), he will just drove his value even lower. Even if it’s solely because we’re not getting the benefit of an extra year on his contract OR the benefit of actual recent game film for potential suitors to review. 

Why would he give a crap about his trade value?  If I were him I'd do everything I could to screw this organization over.  

I don’t care about what’s best for Trent Williams and his career. At all.

I find this hard to believe, because I respect him a lot more for what he's done for this organization than anyone else in that building over the past 10 years.  

I don’t want the man to get hurt or get sick again or anything like that — but overall, when it comes to his career, it just doesn’t matter to me. I only care about the Redskins, and all I see happening is the compensation in an eventual trade getting diminished. I can’t root for that. I have to root for him to play well, prove he’s still got it, and then get the return we all hope for in trade. 

This comes back around to my initial disagreement.  Your initial post seemed to imply Trent had created this situation and should do something about it to remedy it.  I cannot disagree more.  Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen are the management of the organization, Trent is just an employee.  It is management's responsibility to take care of situations like this.  Trent is a star employee of their's, its completely moronic to piss off a star employee.  YES they should have coddled him, YES they should have given in to his demands, it would have been the best move they could have made.  If for whatever reason you wanted to argue that they shouldn't have given in to his demand to fire the medical staff, then they should have traded him on the spot to remove the distraction from the team.  What they have done instead has been completely moronic.  

On top of all of that this is a physical sport where Trent has to literally put his body on the line for this organization every time he steps on the field.  He felt like the medical staff betrayed him.  How could anyone expect someone to continue playing under that circumstance?  I 100% stand behind Trent William's decision not to play for an organization that he believes doesn't care about his well being.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t think I get it. 

I don’t care about what’s best for Trent Williams and his career. At all. I don’t want the man to get hurt or get sick again or anything like that — but overall, when it comes to his career, it just doesn’t matter to me. I only care about the Redskins, and all I see happening is the compensation in an eventual trade getting diminished. I can’t root for that. I have to root for him to play well, prove he’s still got it, and then get the return we all hope for in trade. 

I Agree. Dan would've been step in and FIRED Bruce already if he had a issue in how Bruce has handled this situation. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

If the roster exemption has a snowballs chance in you know where works then it’s possible to still get a 2nd in the offseason IMO but bottom line is that he should have been dealt. BRUCE just proves again why he’s the worst GM in the NFL

Yup. Trent's not practiced in months. He's nowhere near ready to play. The time to trade him was before TC. Or at most in September.

Now?

As @e16bball said, his trade value is Jack squat. 

And given that we have THE worst front office in the league, I'm not surprised we botched this.

Brice and Dan never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Trent's not practiced in months. He's nowhere near ready to play. The time to trade him was before TC. Or at most in September.

Now?

As @e16bball said, his trade value is Jack squat. 

And given that we have THE worst front office in the league, I'm not surprised we botched this.

Brice and Dan never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity 

i dont understand how they are this lost.