The Trent Williams Holdout is "Over"

MKnight82

4 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Trent is a garbage person. What a baby.

I think he’s smart. He could play for almost any team in the NFL at LT and every team in the NFL at guard or RT. I don’t blame him for not wanting to play for the worst organization in sports. He doesn’t trust Dan, Brice or the medical staff. They haven’t been able to put together a consistent winning team since he was drafted in 2010. He wants the eff out! He sees Cousins and others who have left and for the most part they’re having better experiences at their new destinations and wining more than they did in DC, while still getting paid well or paid better than they did in DC.

The only thing I’m mad at Trent about it not telling the front office he wanted traded in February and if they didn’t trade him, he’d sit out the season and that he wasn’t bluffing about it!

Edited by turtle28

‪Washington gets roster exemption for Trent Williams

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/30/washington-gets-roster-exemption-for-trent-williams/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

Tackle Trent Williams unexpectedly reported to Washington on Tuesday, presumably in order to ensure that he will get credit for the 2019 year of a contract that runs through 2020. There’s still a chance he won’t.

In the Joey Galloway grievance from 19 years ago, the Seahawks argued that if a player under contract holds out for even one regular-season game, his contract tolls for a full year. Galloway, who ultimately was on the roster for eight games in 1999, won the grievance.

Williams rejoins Washington with eight games left in the regular season. If Washington takes advantage of the ability to use a roster exemption for Williams, he’ll end up with fewer than eight games on the active roster. That could prompt Washington to fully utilize the roster exemption (typically, teams can use it for up to three weeks), to take the position that his contract tolls, and to force him to fight for an expansion of the Galloway case to allow him to be on the roster for less than eight regular-season games.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think he’s smart. He could play for almost any team in the NFL at LT and every team in the NFL at guard or RT. I don’t blame him for not wanting to play for the worst organization in sports. He doesn’t trust Dan, Brice or the medical staff. They haven’t been able to put together a consistent winning team since he was drafted in 2010. He wants the eff out! He sees Cousins and others who have left and for the most part they’re having better experiences at their new destinations and wining more than they did in DC, while still getting paid well or paid better than they did in DC.

The only thing I’m mad at Trent about it not telling the front office he wanted traded in February and if they didn’t trade him, he’d sit out the season and that he wasn’t bluffing about it!

My thing is he should've manned up and said that he wanted out and wanted to play elsewhere, instead of using the medical staff as an excuse by obliquely accusing them of something.

• Like 1