The Trent Williams Holdout is "Over"

MKnight82

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah this guys a disaster. Instead we will get a 2nd round pick and we know our booming success rate with those 😂😂😂

If they're lucky ... it looks like they would be trading a player on the last year of his contract (depending on that all resolves). If Trent only has one year left, his value drops significantly.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

If they're lucky ... it looks like they would be trading a player on the last year of his contract (depending on that all resolves). If Trent only has one year left, his value drops significantly.

You know they are going to fight as hard as possible to get the second year tacked back on it.  Hell, it will probably cost them trade capital to do so, but they will insist on being right and controlling the narrative.  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You know they are going to fight as hard as possible to get the second year tacked back on it.  Hell, it will probably cost them trade capital to do so, but they will insist on being right and controlling the narrative.  

... you're probably right. It's so not worth it, but they have to be right so they will burn it all down to get it.

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not sure I understand the part about it costing them trade capital to tack the second back on, but I’m intrigued. What makes you say that?

Just now, e16bball said:

Not sure I understand the part about it costing them trade capital to tack the second back on, but I’m intrigued. What makes you say that?

I'm saying they will spend too much time fighting to add the second year back on, potentially at the cost of losing value on Williams (i.e. teams already filling their needs in other ways.)  

That wasn't the best phrasing to use. 

On 11/10/2019 at 9:36 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm saying they will spend too much time fighting to add the second year back on, potentially at the cost of losing value on Williams (i.e. teams already filling their needs in other ways.)  

That wasn't the best phrasing to use. 

I dunno. I think they can get a ruling by the league pretty quickly after the season ends and before FA starts. Especially with this situation.

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Trent has asked the NFLPA not to have the league review his records, so thinking this will get resolved quickly is wishful thinking 

That's a separate issue from whether he still has one or two seasons left on his contract.

The NFL can rule on that very quickly.

And then the trade value will be what it is for either 1 or 2 years left. Which (trade value given 1 or 2 years) is what I thought you were going at.

The sad thing is even if Bruce goes and we hire a new GM I don’t think they could talk Trent into staying. The best scenario for the team is Bruce moving on, Riddick or Smith named GM and Dan sitting down with Trent to figure this situation out.

Instead, Bruce will stay. He’ll hire the new coach, trade Trent and franchise tag Scherff and then we’ll start this all over again with Brandon. It’s just a vicious cycle with this dummy running the team. 

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The sad thing is even if Bruce goes and we hire a new GM I don’t think they could talk Trent into staying. The best scenario for the team is Bruce moving on, Riddick or Smith named GM and Dan sitting down with Trent to figure this situation out.

Instead, Bruce will stay. He’ll hire the new coach, trade Trent and franchise tag Scherff and then we’ll start this all over again with Brandon. It’s just a vicious cycle with this dummy running the team. 

One problem with Sherff is that he was a Scotty Mac pick.  I could see old Brucey pushing him out the door.  

• Like 1