Week #9 Game Day Thread Steelers vs. Colts

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

unbelievable!

was it the laces or the kicker though. chilidipped? I never heard that one before

it's a golf expression for hitting a shot fat, basically digging down under it and lifting it rather than striking it with a descending-forward blow.

(divot behind the ball instead of in front of the ball)

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

You know what’s sad. If they never change the rule I’m willing to bet both of those are called right. 

Was honestly just coming to say this. That’s the problem with this replay vs turnovers and scores. 

They tell the refs to err on the side of scores and TO because they can fix it in replay. But this interference stuff? They aren’t fixing, so no one knows how to do this. 

I used the example just before, but the Upholding of the Pascal NOT committing OPI is the same as upholding Johnson’s called OPI. How can both things be the same but called and upheld differently? 

It just seems no one is on the same page here and they are not willing to overturn it unless somethings blatantly obvious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Clearly not a golf pro. 

a shank is hit off of the hosel about 90% of the time, and it's impossible to generate significant hookspin with a smooth rounded surface like the hosel , regardless of if the swing plane is from the inside or over the top.

his foot is the club face in this analogy.

watch the replay

2 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

a shank is hit off of the hosel about 90% of the time, and it's impossible to generate significant hookspin with a smooth rounded surface like the hosel , regardless of if the swing plane is from the inside or over the top.

his foot is the club face in this analogy.

watch the replay

About 0% of that is right. 

• Like 2

Felt like both teams were trying to give away this game.  I'm glad we came out on top here.  I think I'm about to be officially out on Rudolph.  It felt like his pocket presence was his best asset for the first few games, I'm not sure where that went.  He continues to refuse to push it downfield as well.  To some extent, these things are fixable but I just haven't seen the progress I was expecting