Can Anyone Imagine This Playing Out?

soulman

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Show me a fan base that would accept their QB playing like this in year 2 of the system and year 3 in the NFL?

I will wait.

Accept is a funny word.  Nobody likes it.  It used to be norm in old days, but that was when early round picks got huge contracts.  It's a new world now.  

My point was that you have a short time frame and they wasted the first year both with teaching Glennon and not giving him proper attention until mid way through season and having him learn under lame duck coaches.

But he has had every rep for many moons now under a patient coach and isn't improving.  If he wasn't great, but was still arrow up I would be defending him.  If he never got any time in pocket I would defend him as that isn't fair.  

But, I am ready to accept that he is not the guy.  I think once you realize that you have to move on with a new plan.  I don't know if they are doing that or not.  Or if they are still hoping for a light bulb moment.  

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

Why has Rogers picked up Laflauers system in 4 games? Why has Mahomes picked up Reid’s system in less than a season?

Why does Big Ben and Matt Ryan have no issues switching OCs?

Well... Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB with 182 games of experience prior to this season. Still, if you look at his first 4 to 6 games in this system , he put up pedestrian numbers (compared to his history). 92.8 rating (easiest metric I can give you right now without typing out all the stats). 

Mahomes is a freak, outlier. I loved him coming out of Texas Tech, as did @Sugashane. What he did and is doing is not normal.

Big Ben... Have you looked at his career in the NFL? 87.9 rating his first three seasons before he exploded year 4 (again, using QB rating as a quick reference point for a season's worth of statistics). 

Matt Ryan... same thing: first 8 years produced a 90.9 rating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Kyler Murray started 14 games in college and looks better in his first 8 games in  the NFL than Mitch has ever looked on a worse team.

Kyler Murray literally is running the exact same offense he ran in college. 

Just now, WindyCity said:

They are not the same offense. OU doesn't run the air raid system, the terminology I am sure is different.

"Kyler Murray, the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback who dominated while running the Air Raid at Oklahoma, and was snagged by Kingsbury with the No. 1 selection in this year’s draft, thinks any skepticism is unnecessary."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/13/sports/air-raid-kliff-kingsbury-kyler-murray.html

Good lord, Windy. 

44 minutes ago, G08 said:

Well... Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB with 182 games of experience prior to this season. Still, if you look at his first 4 to 6 games in this system , he put up pedestrian numbers (compared to his history). 92.8 rating (easiest metric I can give you right now without typing out all the stats). 

Mahomes is a freak, outlier. I loved him coming out of Texas Tech, as did @Sugashane. What he did and is doing is not normal.

Big Ben... Have you looked at his career in the NFL? 87.9 rating his first three seasons before he exploded year 4 (again, using QB rating as a quick reference point for a season's worth of statistics). 

Matt Ryan... same thing: first 8 years produced a 90.9 rating. 

This is incredibly disingenuous. Big Ben had a QB rating around 98 for his 1st 2 seasons and won a Super Bowl. He struggled in year 3 after he nearly died in a motorcycle accident during the offseason.

Let's also not forget that rule and personnel changes have seen passer ratings steadily rise even since the time Ben started playing. In his rookie year the median passer rating was around 83 compared to 94 this season.

16 minutes ago, G08 said:

"Kyler Murray, the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback who dominated while running the Air Raid at Oklahoma, and was snagged by Kingsbury with the No. 1 selection in this year’s draft, thinks any skepticism is unnecessary."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/13/sports/air-raid-kliff-kingsbury-kyler-murray.html

Good lord, Windy. 

You were right. I needed to do a little more research.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Windy just stop it. 

Stop what? There are a ton of spread concepts in this offense and UNC runs a ton of RPO.

We are right, you're wrong, Mitch sucks and is actively getting worse.

You can dig up every excuse in the book, but he is bad. It is year 3 in the NFL and year 2 in the system and we are debating whether he is the worst QB in the league or is it Fitzpatrick who is tanking.

Edited by WindyCity

7 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

This is incredibly disingenuous. Big Ben had a QB rating around 98 for his 1st 2 seasons and won a Super Bowl. He struggled in year 3 after he nearly died in a motorcycle accident during the offseason.

Let's also not forget that rule and personnel changes have seen passer ratings steadily rise even since the time Ben started playing. In his rookie year the median passer rating was around 83 compared to 94 this season.

Forgot about his bike accident, but fine you can take his first 5 years in the league: 89.4 rating

Edited by G08

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Stop what? There are a ton of spread concepts in this offense and UNC runs a ton of RPO.

First you tell me Murray didn't run the air raid at OU and now you're saying Mitch is running a lot of his same stuff with Nagy that he did at North Carolina? 

Please dude, you can scream from the mountaintop that Mitch sucks, maybe you're right, but don't flat out lie / make shut up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

First you tell me Murray didn't run the air raid at OU and now you're saying Mitch is running a lot of his same stuff with Nagy that he did at North Carolina? 

Please dude, you can scream from the mountaintop that Mitch sucks, maybe you're right, but don't flat out lie / make shut up. 

I was mistaken about Lincoln Riley's background. I would never lie to you. That is why when I tell you that Mitch sucks I am trying to save you the heart ache of continuing to wait for him to not suck.

Mitch ran a lot of shotgun, spread, RPO concepts at UNC, that is what we run here, or at least try to run when our QB is not falling over himself. This is not a guy that had to re-learn how to walk.

What do you see as the major philosophical differences between the spread we are running and what UNC ran?

Edited by WindyCity

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You can dig up every excuse in the book, but he is bad. It is year 3 in the NFL and year 2 in the system and we are debating whether he is the worst QB in the league or is it Fitzpatrick who is tanking.

His entire production in this offense does not suck. His performance this year, thus far, sucks. 

We have come full-circle so I'll repeat my stance: I'm giving him the remainder of this season to show improvement/development in this offense. 

I have no idea what is going to happen but I am rooting for the kid.