Week 9: New York Jets (1-6) @ Miami Dolphins (0-7)

TheKillerNacho

Week 9: NYJ @ MIA  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New York Jets
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Sam Darnold
    • Kalen Ballage
    • Mark Walton
    • Le'Veon Bell
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Devante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Preston Williams
    • Robby Anderson
    • Demaryius Thomas
    • Jamison Crowder
    • Josh Bellamy
    • Mike Geisicki
    • Chris Herndon
    • Jason Sanders
    • Sam Ficken
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jets DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2019 at 06:00 PM

48 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Because we're only one game behind the Browns? Lol

i mean, it really is quite crowded at the bottom. we absolutely have to lose to the Jets next time and the Bengals now or we won't be drafting first overall. I didn't endure this horrific season to not at least pick first overall.

5 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Problem is I think we beat the bengals if we played them tomorrow. Let’s hope they show some improvement.

Falcons and Washington gonna be a problem too as I think we win at least 2 now.

They get A.J. Green back and benched Dalton.  Dalton was a terrific source of turnovers for that team.  

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

Well, the dream of going 0-16 is shattered.  On the plus side, we can still lose to the Jets in N.Y., and also to the Bengals.  So we still have a legit chance to get #1 overall.

With the way this team is playing,  you guys might win in ny lol

It's been satisfying watching the roster-shuffled team that gave up almost 60 points in week one and lost 43-0 in week two make some tiny progress steps each week. They've really been playing feisty and fired-up, even while losing all these games. 

Almost having the halftime lead vs Dallas til Drake fumbled at the goal line. Going for the win vs the Redskins with the 2-pt conversion try that didn't work out. Earning a first-half lead on the Chargers, Bills and Steelers before the obligatory 2nd-half collapse. 

And now, the first victory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I appreciate the effort guys. I knew you had it in you's.

At least I can hold onto the hope that this win removes all of the effort this team was exuding in recent weeks so that we can lose to the Jets in the rematch and then you guys in Week 16. To that end, I hope you guys remain winless until then, since that will definitely light a fire  under the toes of your boys to avoid the stigma of a winless year.

Curious if the reasons you guys hated Gase are now the same reasons most of us Jets fans want him fired immediately. 

The list could get lengthy, but most notably: Inability to make in game adjustments - It's like he's to arrogant to admit the adjustments need to be made despite being blatantly obvious. Accountability/Discipline - Highly penalized every week and overall not impressed with how he handles criticism. Preparation - Ahh this ones fairly obvious.. we've been out coached on a weekly basis. 

Overall I think Gase is probably a brilliant offensive mind but he struggles to adapt on the fly and seems extremely stubborn and unwilling to switch up his philosophies/schemes. More importantly, he's far from anything resembling a head coach.

Did I miss anything? Curious to see if it's all the same issues that got him fired in Miami.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Overall I think Gase is probably a brilliant offensive mind but he struggles to adapt on the fly and seems extremely stubborn and unwilling to switch up his philosophies/schemes.

Pretty good analysis. Weirdly, the same thing happening to the Jets (massive amount of injuries) kept happening to the Gase-coached Fins. 

Though making the playoffs in his first year was really cool, we liked that. Prime time games were the worst though, seemed like Gase got obliterated every time in the night games. The Panthers almost had a 50-burger, Ravens won 40-0 (yeezus), it was tough to watch. 

• Like 1

I'm morbidly curious.... 
Does any(or)every-one on this thread TRULY believe that QB is the presumptive REQUIREMENT in 2020 or it's a failure?
I don't think so, personally. But, wanted to get a consensus.... Asking the group! :)

Me?
I'd personally like to see us address the lines, at some point we have to protect ANY quarterback that run out there.  
I've been pretty clear about that for a while, but that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Pretty good analysis. Weirdly, the same thing happening to the Jets (massive amount of injuries) kept happening to the Gase-coached Fins. 

Though making the playoffs in his first year was really cool, we liked that. Prime time games were the worst though, seemed like Gase got obliterated every time in the night games. The Panthers almost had a 50-burger, Ravens won 40-0 (yeezus), it was tough to watch. 

I'd be cool with the Jets never playing a prime time game again after Darnold had his "Ghost" moment vs New England. 

Appreciate the feedback, sorry we managed to jeopardize the tank, consider it Gases parting gift.   

1 hour ago, Shashiaj70 said:

I'm morbidly curious.... 
Does any(or)every-one on this thread TRULY believe that QB is the presumptive REQUIREMENT in 2020 or it's a failure?
I don't think so, personally. But, wanted to get a consensus.... Asking the group! :)

Me?
I'd personally like to see us address the lines, at some point we have to protect ANY quarterback that run out there.  

It's a failure EVERY year they don't take a QB somewhere in the draft until they find "the one".  But they don't need to take one with one of their 1st rounders in 2020 unless they feel that guy can be the QBOTF.  It's more of a failure to reach for a guy just because he plays the QB position, given that literally every positional unit on the team could be upgraded.  

I mean, would anybody really be upset if we drafted 2nd, and ended up with Chase Young/Tristen Wirfs/Tyler Biadasz as 1st rounders, after Tua went 1st overall?  I sure as heck wouldn't be.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shashiaj70 said:

I'm morbidly curious.... 

Me?

There's a strong correlation between franchise QB and ability to win consistently in this league. While I wouldn't call it a requirement for 2020, it definitely is in either 2020 or 2021.

If we are in a position to draft a QB in 2020 that the team believes will be a franchise QB, it absolutely should.

8 hours ago, FinSting said:

Then the same happened with jets, blown out on mnf twice