AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Watching Joeckel in this Seahawks game is equal parts hilarious and traumatic digging up all these bad memory flashbacks to whiffs of days gone by. 

Yeah, just posted a gif of Mike Daniels doing him dirty in the other thread. When I saw someone say we should have kept him for the LG spot this year I was surprised. I'm taking Omameh ALL day over him.

Edited by .Buzz

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, just posted a gif of Mike Daniels doing him dirty in the other thread. When I saw someone say we should have kept him for the LG spot this year I was surprised. I'm taking Omameh ALL day over him.

Yeah. Whoops. Wrong thread somehow. Any. Very bad. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 5:26 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Nice to see Cyp still sucks. PFF duped Titan fans.

Most. 

I've been on the hate train since the moment the signing was announced.

47 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

So, what do we make of the strength of those Houston guys we beat as a team after tonight's game?

They legitimately look terrible. Titans were obviously on at the same time as Texans/Jaguars, so I watched virtually nothing of the game, but God does that team look inept. Impressed your line held up well to their pass rush, because that looks like all they have. If Andy Dalton was anything other than horrific, they'd easily be sitting at 0-2. Not going to be surprised when DeAndre Hopkins ends the year with 250 targets.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

So, what do we make of the strength of those Houston guys we beat as a team after tonight's game?

?

Little confused by the wording but I'm not sure anyone thought they were good, especially offensively. Their defense was a top ranked defense last year though and did pretty consistently pressure Dalton though. There was none of that last week. Our OL pretty much bullied their front 7.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That OL might be worse than any one we’ve trotted out over the last decade. And that’s really saying something.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

?

Little confused by the wording but I'm not sure anyone thought they were good, especially offensively. Their defense was a top ranked defense last year though and did pretty consistently pressure Dalton though. There was none of that last week. Our OL pretty much bullied their front 7.

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

That OL might be worse than any one we’ve trotted out over the last decade. And that’s really saying something.

Yeah.  These about line up with my impression.  Guess this weekend should be telling for the other part of the puzzle, as to how much of our DLine's utter dominance was influenced by Texans OLine ineptitude vs genuine eliteness.  Texans DLine looking alright vs Bengals seems like a positive sign for our OLine.

My biggest takeaway though was that this division is going to be a circus again from the looks of it.  Former division winners Houston looked like pretty much what they were when we faced them.  So lol.

On 9/10/2017 at 6:30 PM, .Buzz said:

Yes I was the one to make the mistake of saying we should've kept JoKEll. Boy was I wrong. 

5 hours ago, Jags said:

Yes I was the one to make the mistake of saying we should've kept JoKEll. Boy was I wrong. 

He's just really bad. I know our OG situation coming into the year was iffy/not ideal but when the guy sucks AND we took him top 3 I want to forget about him as soon as possible.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's crazy how wrong not just our staff, but a lot of staffs and various pundits were about Joeckel.  That he wasn't just sorta "low upside" like a lot of concerns at draft day...he's downright terrible and very "low floor" as well.

The same goes for Eric Fisher. He has not been a world beater, but he has been alright, which is enough to keep him around (definitely better than Joeckel). Joeckel was highly touted and most scouts were wrong about him. If we would've took Lane Johnson over him, we would've been laughed at during the draft, but would be looking like geniuses right now.