AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

7 hours ago, iPwn said:

Yes - but only if we look to be out of the running for a bye. If Jacksonville and Tennessee both lose, but Pitt and NE both win, resting starters is basically a given imo. But if we have a shot at the bye, they’ll go all in to get it.

I think it'd be expected that starters get a rest in that situation, but i'm not 100% sure Marrone is the type of coach to go with that.  I could also see him potentially wanting to keep things rolling and keep the work rate high.  But i guess we may see, one way or the other.

8 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I have tickets to the last Titans game my girls brother plays for the Titans but I may not go to the game if its a game that won't matter.

You mean matter as far as the AFC South goes or? Should matter as far as seeding goes unless we drop to SF.

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You mean matter as far as the AFC South goes or? Should matter as far as seeding goes unless we drop to SF.

Buzz, don't say that we will clinch on Sunday so the game on week 17 won't matter.. unless Pitt or Pats drop a game. But I don't expect the Steelers or Pats will lose another game if it was a game of meaning i'd burn the money but if we clinch Sunday i'm saving that travel money and trying to find a playoff ticket. *fingers crossed*

Looks like their's a decent chance the Titans fire Mularkey after this year.

If it happens, I'm not sure there's a candidate that really worries me that they could hire. McDaniels is the only real young offensive mind, but with his past outside of NE I'm not sure how "scary" that is, nothing like McVay last year out there.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Looks like their's a decent chance the Titans fire Mularkey after this year.

If it happens, I'm not sure there's a candidate that really worries me that they could hire. McDaniels is the only real young offensive mind, but with his past outside of NE I'm not sure how "scary" that is, nothing like McVay last year out there.

If they make the playoffs i cant imagine he’d be fired

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Marrone didn’t exactly scare division opponents either.

Just now, iPwn said:

Marrone didn’t exactly scare division opponents either.

Yeah, but he had success elsewhere. Not often are guys who had previous jobs (even if they went well, which was the case with Marrone) viewed highly. Marrone had good success in a place that very few coaches had been successful though while having a 33 year old Kyle Orton at QB.

Either way, no coaching candidates stand out like McVay did last year. Thought he was a bit young to be a HC but there was no discrediting what he was as an offensive mind.