AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Why didn't any other teams go after him?

I don't think many people could have saw what he did coming. If you wanted a QB to likely put you in purgatory than sure, but that's all he's shown largely with Miami. 

Once the Titans had to throw in that last game Tanny looked awful/out of his league. Henry went on a historic streak to get them past NE and BAL.

Like i said hes not a world beater but his contract over fole all day every day.  Im not saying he would make us alot better but hes a step up from foles.  Tanne would be like a 25-30 starting qb. Foles is like a 30-35. 

11 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Like i said hes not a world beater but his contract over fole all day every day.  Im not saying he would make us alot better but hes a step up from foles.  Tanne would be like a 25-30 starting qb. Foles is like a 30-35. 

I'm not disagreeing with you. But going into the off-season last year most people were about Foles (just not the contract numbers). With the hiring of Flip and his playoff success it was hard not to be optimistic if we got decent talent around him (was better than I expected this year from Chark, Conley, and Fournette) and an even average D.

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Not really hindsight.  Think about 1) the salary/contract and 2) at worse we would have a compotent backup qb that could push a starter

So our QB situation for a team with the narrative of, if their offense can be above average(something Tannehill has never done) we might be a contender, you want to put all our eggs in the Tannehill basket? 

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So our QB situation for a team with the narrative of, if their offense can be above average(something Tannehill has never done) we might be a contender, you want to put all our eggs in the Tannehill basket? 

our Offense wasnt gonna be above average either way.  our OL was a bit underwhelming the year prior and the only change was adding Jawaan Taylor to replace Parnell and that was a wash.  you also have the fact we let ASJ and only replaced him with a league average te(Swaim) and a 3rd round rookie(Oliver) and we all know tes take a few years to develop).  you also have the fact the only big addition to our WR corps was Chris Conley replacing donte moncrief.   our offense was not gonna be above average unless we had a top 12 QB and foles was proven INEFFECTIVE in other places outside of the Eagles and Doug Pedersons Chiefs. 

the main advantage of Having Tannehill over Foles is that Tannehill has Mobility and that could help mask our OLs shortcomings. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. But going into the off-season last year most people were about Foles (just not the contract numbers). With the hiring of Flip and his playoff success it was hard not to be optimistic if we got decent talent around him (was better than I expected this year from Chark, Conley, and Fournette) and an even average D.

i wasnt all that hyped about foles cuz his career numbers were less ints then bortles but was pretty innefective anywhere not with the eagles or pederson. 

an extra year of bortles and we wouldnt have been stuck with this cap consuming contract thats not letting us upgrade our roster as easy as we should. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

i wasnt all that hyped about foles cuz his career numbers were less ints then bortles but was pretty innefective anywhere not with the eagles or pederson. 

an extra year of bortles and we wouldnt have been stuck with this cap consuming contract thats not letting us upgrade our roster as easy as we should. 

They obviously were a desperate FO that needed a QB and he was best on the market. I don't agree with it either...but still. After a 5-11 season they weren't rolling with Blake.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

They obviously were a desperate FO that needed a QB and he was best on the market. I don't agree with it either...but still. After a 5-11 season they weren't rolling with Blake.

Foles wasnt the best.  Foles took advantage of the opportunity afforded to him by wentz injury but outside of the eagles was very meh.   I would have taken a shot with teddy b or even tyrod taylor. Both could manage a game and let us lean on fournette 

42 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Foles wasnt the best.  Foles took advantage of the opportunity afforded to him by wentz injury but outside of the eagles was very meh.   I would have taken a shot with teddy b or even tyrod taylor. Both could manage a game and let us lean on fournette 

He was ok in KC. He was above average largely when he started in Philly, with some of his best with Flip in Philly.

It's what desperate teams do. Overpay and hope they catch fire.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

He was ok in KC. He was above average largely when he started in Philly, with some of his best with Flip in Philly.

It's what desperate teams do. Overpay and hope they catch fire.

he was play In KC cuz he was playing for Pederson who after that year went to the eagles ;).  and he was an okay Starter cuz his weapons werent as good as the ones he had with the eagles. 

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Leaning on someone that has had injury problems isnt a great idea either. Teddy had proven nothing since a horrific injury and Tyrod is such a boring and safe passer that any 3rd and 6 would wind up with a 3 yard completion and a punt

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Leaning on someone that has had injury problems isnt a great idea either. Teddy had proven nothing since a horrific injury and Tyrod is such a boring and safe passer that any 3rd and 6 would wind up with a 3 yard completion and a punt

He looked fine to me in his 1 game shot in 2017.  And teddy looked like atleast a solid game manager this year. Again prove how foles is superior.  

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

He looked fine to me in his 1 game shot in 2017.  And teddy looked like atleast a solid game manager this year. Again prove how foles is superior.  

Teddy had Michael Thomas, Kamara, Hill, Jared Cook, etc. with Sean Payton calling plays.

Let's not compare what Teddy did in an ideal offense situation to Foles who got hurt on his 11th snap and came back and didn't look like normal, whether he was still hurt or not.

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Teddy had Michael Thomas, Kamara, Hill, Jared Cook, etc. with Sean Payton calling plays.

Let's not compare what Teddy did in an ideal offense situation to Foles who got hurt on his 11th snap and came back and didn't look like normal, whether he was still hurt or not.

teddy looked  the year prior in week 17.  he looked a lil off due to being a starting QB with a bunch of BACKUP quality guys.     Foles didnt do good in LA. he didnt look good in his Superbowl MVP Nick year as well.    

while foles had a good year in 2018 he also had a GREAT OL(i mean Peters, Johnson, Brooks, Kelce) not to mention a good Rotation of Backs and cant forget having some good WRs like Jeffery, Tate, Wallace, and agohlor and u cant forget the TEs in ertz, Goedert, and richard rodgers all with having a doug pederson lead offense. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

teddy looked  the year prior in week 17.  he looked a lil off due to being a starting QB with a bunch of BACKUP quality guys.     Foles didnt do good in LA. he didnt look good in his Superbowl MVP Nick year as well.    

while foles had a good year in 2018 he also had a GREAT OL(i mean Peters, Johnson, Brooks, Kelce) not to mention a good Rotation of Backs and cant forget having some good WRs like Jeffery, Tate, Wallace, and agohlor and u cant forget the TEs in ertz, Goedert, and richard rodgers all with having a doug pederson lead offense. 

He didnt look good in LA with Jeff Fisher...no one does.

Yes, he had a great cast in Philly. But he still played lights out in the playoffs and won a SB. When he did play, although he's had his ups and downs, was very solid and had the looks of a top 12-15 QB. Which if he would've been we would've been more than happy with.

I wasn't thrilled with him, I wanted Haskins. But pretty much worst case scenario happened with him as far as getting hurt.

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He didnt look good in LA with Jeff Fisher...no one does.

Yes, he had a great cast in Philly. But he still played lights out in the playoffs and won a SB. When he did play, although he's had his ups and downs, was very solid and had the looks of a top 12-15 QB. Which if he would've been we would've been more than happy with.

I wasn't thrilled with him, I wanted Haskins. But pretty much worst case scenario happened with him as far as getting hurt.

With the difference in salaries between teddy and foles i would take teddy 9 out of 10 times.