AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

With the difference in salaries between teddy and foles i would take teddy 9 out of 10 times. 

Teddy wasn't leaving New Orleans. He had a great setup and turned down Miami where he would've had a starting gig as well most likely.

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

ya but its the dolphins and he knew they were tanking.   he probably would have considered us.  

Regardless, Teddy wouldn't be it either long term. Both need good teams/play around them to get places. Foles gave a lot more hope to need less/get farther.

Was a classic case of desperate people making a desperate move. 

Just have to hope Minshew is it.

On 25/01/2020 at 5:39 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hindsight is 20:20 he has been mediocre at best with the exception of maybe 1 above average year

It's really not hindsight.  Tannehill was the gamble i was angling for all offseason.

Probably wouldn't have caught on like he did with the Titans surrounding cast here, but he was the guy i wanted.  He was the guy i touted against the grain.  He was the guy i sought out in a "GM Game" around the forums.  

He was the guy who represented the best "value".  His contract alone (after a trade) represented big value.  But he was the only guy on that "free agent QB carousel" who represented a high floor and actually had a potentially higher ceiling than he'd shown on a lot of bad teams.

On 27/01/2020 at 10:51 AM, .Buzz said:

Regardless, Teddy wouldn't be it either long term. Both need good teams/play around them to get places. Foles gave a lot more hope to need less/get farther.

Was a classic case of desperate people making a desperate move. 

Just have to hope Minshew is it.

Have to hope Minshew is "it" what?

A guy that can diddle us around for a while until we become desperate to make a move?

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Have to hope Minshew is "it" what?

A guy that can diddle us around for a while until we become desperate to make a move?

We don't know what Minshew can become. He played in an offense that didn't take advantage of his strengths and he had limited skill players around him.

• 1 month later...
On 01/02/2020 at 7:10 AM, .Buzz said:

We don't know what Minshew can become. He played in an offense that didn't take advantage of his strengths and he had limited skill players around him.

How did the offense not play to Minshew's strengths?

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We knew it wasn't going to be great though, right? Indy got better, Houston got worse, Tennessee stayed about the same but hinges on Tannehill

I mean, a division with 3 teams plenty viewed as playoff contenders isn't bad.

Houston's right side of the OL looked atrocious. Gotta see how Rivers looks a year older and Tammy, but this may be a 9-7 type division winner imo.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:04 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We knew it wasn't going to be great though, right? Indy got better, Houston got worse, Tennessee stayed about the same but hinges on Tannehill

And despite the playoff teams, it kinda sucked hard last year to begin with.