AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

With all this that has happened, the only team standing in our way is Tennessee. Not exactly impressed with the Titans so far this year, but I guess we'll see what happens. Definitely SHOULD win the division imo.

Our defense is playing lock down, our run game has been one of the better ones in the league. If Bortles just plays decent/doesn't turn it over, there's no reason to miss.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

With all this that has happened, the only team standing in our way is Tennessee. Not exactly impressed with the Titans so far this year, but I guess we'll see what happens. Definitely SHOULD win the division imo.

Our defense is playing lock down, our run game has been one of the better ones in the league. If Bortles just plays decent/doesn't turn it over, there's no reason to miss.

I keep thinking that about Tennessee, but then I remember what happened in Week 2.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I keep thinking that about Tennessee, but then I remember what happened in Week 2.

Whenever I think about that game I just think about how inept Blake was and all the holding calls. That game we pretty much started out every drive 1st and 20, didn't convert, then punted. Rinse and repeat. When that happens and your defense is ALWAYS on the field, what happened that week is pretty much the norm. The defense gets gassed. 

We got embarrassed on TNF last year against Tennessee than knocked them out of the playoffs in December.

Seriously though, not really worried about them at all. The defense has holes and Mariota is having a down year. There running game worries me, but I do expect Dareus to help in that regard. 

Edited by .Buzz

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I will start feeling better once we start stringing some wins together.

Yeah, I still don't totally believe in this team due to our QB, but the OL has been an average/above average unit, our run game has been great, and you can't ask our defense to play much better than it has.

No reason with this schedule not to sit 9-7 at worst imo. Not sure Tennessee gets there personally, guess we'll see if Mariota picks it up. For them to get to 9-7/10-6, he needs to play better imo.

14 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Luck to IR.

Not surprising really.  Only sensible thing they can do at this point.  He's clearly still not right, and really not close to being right.  They've got too much invested in him not to give him every opportunity to heal up properly as best he can.  And considering Luck isn't going to ride in on a white stallion to save the day, their season is basically a writeoff at this point.  Even in the turtle derby AFC South.  That team is very bad.

Only thing Luck coming back at this point would do, is jeopardize his health even further...and/or compromise their inevitably high draft pick a bit.

13 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Awful news. Such a fun player to watch.

Really sucks for Watson, and the Texans.

Gives the Jaguars a better opportunity though.  Texans were quickly gaining steam in the division with Watson's play.  In spite of their fall-off everywhere else this year.

But also, as much as it sounds like a freak, non-contact injury in practice and yadda yadda.  This is part of why i'm afraid of running QBs.  Especially smaller-ish ones.  Crap always seems to happen.  I'll be curious to see how Watson looks coming back from that injury, if he's still flashing as much "star potential".  :/

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I still don't totally believe in this team due to our QB, but the OL has been an average/above average unit, our run game has been great, and you can't ask our defense to play much better than it has.

No reason with this schedule not to sit 9-7 at worst imo. Not sure Tennessee gets there personally, guess we'll see if Mariota picks it up. For them to get to 9-7/10-6, he needs to play better imo.

Mariota is probably the linchpin of the whole AFC South situation.  Or rather...a wonky asymmetrical battle between Blake trying not to blow it completely, vs Mariota trying to get back into a real groove.  That'll most likely dictate where this division goes for the season.