AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

JJ Watt out for the year. Mercilus possibly with a torn pec. That defense all the sudden doesn't look very scary at all (not that Watt was playing that great anyways...).

maybe not His Pre-Back Injury form but he was still being very good and while he didnt record a sack this year he was supplying some good pressure

Just now, LinderFournette said:

maybe not His Pre-Back Injury form but he was still being very good and while he didnt record a sack this year he was supplying some good pressure

He was a complete no show the entire Jaguars game and got wrecked by Parnell/Lewis on multiple occasion. I never said he got no pressure, but he still hasn't been great this year. Especially when you compare it to what you normally expect from JJ Watt.

It's a loss, but he wasn't making or breaking that defense with his play so far this year.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He was a complete no show the entire Jaguars game and got wrecked by Parnell/Lewis on multiple occasion. I never said he got no pressure, but he still hasn't been great this year. Especially when you compare it to what you normally expect from JJ Watt.

It's a loss, but he wasn't making or breaking that defense with his play so far this year.

you do realize he was coming off a back injury and hasnt played in nearly a year right? also look at their DL talent. theres a pretty bare cubbard there. 

they have Carlos Watkins, Christian Covington, Joel Heath, brandon Dunn, DJ Reader.  Reader is the only 1 who i would say is starting material. 

Convington was considered a possible steal for them during the draft but he was a 6th round comp pick in 2015. hes a rotational guy at best IMO. 

Heath was a 2016 UDFA who really didnt show much Pass rush or run stopping ability in college.  i think he would be a good rotational depth guy. 

I liked watkins as a Draft prospect and he was a 4th round comp pick in the 2017 draft. he had some pass rush ability in college but people thought he was gonna be an average NFL guy. 

Dunn is Just a Guy who was an UDFA. 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

you do realize he was coming off a back injury and hasnt played in nearly a year right? also look at their DL talent. theres a pretty bare cubbard there. 

they have Carlos Watkins, Christian Covington, Joel Heath, brandon Dunn, DJ Reader.  Reader is the only 1 who i would say is starting material. 

Convington was considered a possible steal for them during the draft but he was a 6th round comp pick in 2015. hes a rotational guy at best IMO. 

Heath was a 2016 UDFA who really didnt show much Pass rush or run stopping ability in college.  i think he would be a good rotational depth guy. 

I liked watkins as a Draft prospect and he was a 4th round comp pick in the 2017 draft. he had some pass rush ability in college but people thought he was gonna be an average NFL guy. 

Dunn is Just a Guy who was an UDFA. 

Ok? Not sure why that matters. I never said he had no reason for having a down year. Just said that he hasn't made a very large impact, which he hasn't.

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I could care less about a PFF grade. He hasn't been the player that he once was. I've watched multiple Texans games this year, including our game where he was lit up on multiple occasions and did nothing. If you want to base your argument purely off a PFF grade, go check out their grades for Matt Cassell and Jay Cutler today.

Edited by .Buzz

Just now, .Buzz said:

I could care less about a PFF grade. He hasn't carried that defense. I've watched multiple Texans games this year, including our game where he was lit up on multiple occasions and did nothing. If you want to base your argument purely off a PFF grade, go check out their grades for Matt Cassell and Jay Cutler today.

well obviously you werent keying in on Just JJ then.  its a Huge Loss for their D regardless of how good you think he was doing.   he was a being productive with 15 pressures without sack.  hes also been pretty stout against the run. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

well obviously you werent keying in on Just JJ then.  its a Huge Loss for their D regardless of how good you think he was doing.   he was a being productive with 15 pressures without sack.  hes also been pretty stout against the run. 

You keep putting words in my mouth. I said he was a key loss (but hasn't been as great as he used to be, which he hasn't regardless of what you want to say). I listed him and Mercilus getting hurt and being out for the season for a reason.

These conversations with you are just thrilling, gotta say.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

You keep putting words in my mouth. I said he was a key loss (but hasn't been as great as he used to be, which he hasn't regardless of what you want to say). I listed him and Mercilus getting hurt and being out for the season for a reason.

These conversations with you are just thrilling, gotta say.

i said while he hasnt been his Dominator self per the Eye test people who watch the film repeatedly say hes been near Elite this year. 

I’ll just say this - never has a player being blackballed for something other than committing a crime been more evident during my lifetime than this Kap situation.

There is no argument to be made that Matt Cassel can run that Titans offense built for Mariota better than Kap could.

Sign him. They are no match for these division leading Jacksonville Jaguars.

But you are absolutely correct. There is no rational argument that has you starting some of these guys over Kaepernick. Especially when you consider, like you said, the type of offense they run and tailor for Mariota. Kap is a great fill in for that style.