AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

14 hours ago, pwny said:

John Clayton thinks that Indy is the favorite to land Stafford. I’m expecting the same until he ends up elsewhere.

Makes way too much sense to expect anything else really.  The Colts are very much in a "win now" moment, and if a zombie Rivers can get them to those wins and a playoff berth...Stafford with a lot more still left in the tank, could make them more of a real contender.

They're really set up for it to work both ways.  They have the team, just need a ready to roll veteran QB to plug in there.  And they have a great situation for Stafford to prove that he's not innately a "loser"; rather, that it was Detroit's organizational flailing and ineptitude around him holding him back.

There are still a few other teams that i'd consider as being potential landing spots, but the Colts thing just seems too natural a fit to ignore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 7:53 AM, pwny said:

The end of an era. 

Kinda wild.  Speaks volumes to me though, that even as good as JJ Watt was at his peak...it really was just the "JJ Watt Era" in Houston...no QB to even enter the discussion.

I'd love to see him come to the Jaguars.  He'd be a nice get, shifting to a 3-4 here, and it'd be hilarious to watch Houston continue to burn.  But obviously that's not a thing that's going to happen.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, .Buzz said:

That doesn't work if you're team is *** like we've been. Gotta have a winning culture.

If Myles Jack posted something like that we'd just be laughed at.

Exactly.  You've gotta walk the walk, before you talk the talk.  Or you're just a motormouth clown.  And the closest anyone on this current Jaguars defensive roster has come to "walking the walk", is straight up being walked all over.

Edited by Tugboat