Week Nine: Bucs (2-5) at Seahawks (6-2)

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Can Godwin not run a wrong option route this week? That results an INT. 

Stay tuned

Did he make the wrong read on an option route or did Jameis?

I feel like it can only happen so many times before you might have to consider the QB is at fault.

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Did he make the wrong read on an option route or did Jameis?

I feel like it can only happen so many times before you might have to consider the QB is at fault.

When I think of crap that annoys me about the Titans game, is the screw job by the refs that cost the team the lead with 3 minutes to go.  Not the comments after the press conference.  I guess I m surprised.  As a fan base, we trust BA for now, but don t believe he is honest at the podium or don t want his honesty.

I m still pissed about the WR  flop on  the Davis INT, especially considering the 2 hand shove by Thomas in NO, that wasn t called.  This team isn t good enough to over come horrendous officiatingn

Edited by ravishingone

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

When I think of crap that annoys me about the Titans game, is the screw job by the refs that cost the team the lead with 3 minutes to go.  Not the comments after the press conference.  I guess I m surprised.  As a fan base, we trust BA for now, but don t believe he is honest at the podium or don t want his honesty.

I m still pissed about the WR  flop on  the Davis INT, especially considering the 2 hand shove by Thomas in NO, that wasn t called.  This team isn t good enough to over come horrendous officiatingn

I think BA is quite a bit like Koetter in his conferences and playcalling. He's (mostly) honest during interviews. And he wants the TD on almost every play. But BA has the track record that merits patience and deserves respect.

But I question how much he actually looks at his accountability sheet, or whether or not it even still exists. Or how he weighs the good and the bad. Because there have been plenty of bad plays by guys that either still have jobs (Perriman, Howard), or guys that stuck around for far too long (BoNo, Perriman).

BA has admitted his loyalty and claimed it as a fault. Again, that's almost what Dirk said verbatim.

As for bad calls and missed calls; that's what we get. We get the bottom of the barrel in terms of officiating crews because we're perennial losers. We're not gonna get the better crews when there are far more meaningful games being played. Sucks. But quit sucking. Then we can get better refs. It shouldn't be like that but it is. And it's not gonna change for a long time. Especially with the new agreement with the refs union.

Pretty sure I just read that we're the losingest franchise of any major sport. It's hard for ANYONE to give a **** about us with such little relevance. 

We were just given the worst schedule of all time. We're constantly given an early bye. We get horrible calls every week. The only games we play that anyone cares about are our mandated TNF and international games. Win sometimes and maybe, just maybe, we won't be able to ***** about bad calls every week.

/rant

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think BA is quite a bit like Koetter in his conferences and playcalling. He's (mostly) honest during interviews. And he wants the TD on almost every play. But BA has the track record that merits patience and deserves respect.

But I question how much he actually looks at his accountability sheet, or whether or not it even still exists. Or how he weighs the good and the bad. Because there have been plenty of bad plays by guys that either still have jobs (Perriman, Howard), or guys that stuck around for far too long (BoNo, Perriman).

BA has admitted his loyalty and claimed it as a fault. Again, that's almost what Dirk said verbatim.

As for bad calls and missed calls; that's what we get. We get the bottom of the barrel in terms of officiating crews because we're perennial losers. We're not gonna get the better crews when there are far more meaningful games being played. Sucks. But quit sucking. Then we can get better refs. It shouldn't be like that but it is. And it's not gonna change for a long time. Especially with the new agreement with the refs union.

Pretty sure I just read that we're the losingest franchise of any major sport. It's hard for ANYONE to give a **** about us with such little relevance. 

We were just given the worst schedule of all time. We're constantly given an early bye. We get horrible calls every week. The only games we play that anyone cares about are our mandated TNF and international games. Win sometimes and maybe, just maybe, we won't be able to ***** about bad calls every week.

/rant

It s a nice rant, it s unfortunate NFL bad calls is spreading across the league with regularity.  Instead of getting better with such things as coach s challenges, it is becoming even more ambigous.

Actually hard to imagine the Phillies are not the losingest franchise in professional sports at over 11,000 losses.  I guess the Bucs would have them in winning percentage.

I guess I ll reserve judgment on whether BA is even remotely close as a head coach to Koetter.  I think BA s greatest mistake is making Leftwich the play caller.  It doesn t mean in a yr or two Leftwich won t be a terrific play caller, right now his inexperience is showing in the red zone.  And those points have been crucial no doubt.