When should Drew Lock start games this year?

Broncofan

When do you think Lock should be starting games this year?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Drew Lock should be (not will be) starting games for DEN on...

• Week 11-12 @ BUF / @vMIN - might as well find out ASAP and get as many games in
    • Week 13-14 - vs. LAC / @ HOU - get him 2-4 weeks practice, and easier matchups (home game, no Watt)
    • Week 15-16 - @ KC / vs. DET - 2-3 games is enough to see what we have
    • Week 17 vs. OAK - the Mahomes model (but KC was fighting for a playoff spot, dudes...)
    • Not until 2020 (give your reasons if you choose this PLZ)!

Furthermore, look at who the first FO hire by the Kyle Shanahan-John Lynch leadership group in San Fran was - Adam Peters, formerly the Broncos director of college scouting. 

Sandy Clough thinks that after the seasons Elway should resign his GM role, remain as team president and hire Peters as GM. All 3 of Ellis, Elway and Russell know and respect Peters. The move, however, make Peters Russell’s boss, which not sit well with the latter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Furthermore, look at who the first FO hire by the Kyle Shanahan-John Lynch leadership group in San Fran was - Adam Peters, formerly the Broncos director of college scouting. 

Sandy Clough thinks that after the seasons Elway should resign his GM role, remain as team president and hire Peters as GM. All 3 of Ellis, Elway and Russell know and respect Peters. The move, however, make Peters Russell’s boss, which not sit well with the latter. 

And I wanted Lynch in to be groomed to replace Elway before he went to SF.

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

IMO Matt Russell has not done anything that should make the org think twice about hiring the best GM for the org if they choose to make the change.  His job security shouldn’t be a given.   He was on watch for our 2013-17 draft disasters as director of player personnel.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

IMO Matt Russell has not done anything that should make the org think twice about hiring the best GM for the org if they choose to make the change.  His job security shouldn’t be a given.   He was on watch for our 2013-17 draft disasters as director of player personnel.   

Like this post 1000 times lol

Drew Lock is the best pick John has made since Von Miller let me explain why. With all his flaws he's an excellent game manager I'll share some stats to prove my point. He's an excellent game manager.

His offense's averaged 36.61 points per game his senior year with Derrick Dooley who had pro style concepts SEC competition I'll take it!!

'He helped hang 29 on Georgia (2) at the time in a losing effort yes 22 was scored after half time, but 15 of them came in the 3rd so it wasn't just garbage time. Lost by 15 points outmatched. 

-He put up 14 against UK(12) at time lost by 1 but put up the 14 points in the second quarter so it wasn't just garbage time.

- Alabama(1)  Mizz was just out matched that was the only blowout of the season 29 points all 10 of their points came in the first quarter which tells me they adjusted after the first and Mizz was just outmached.

- He hung 38 on Florida who was #13 in the country in a win so that was super impressive. 

- 33 in the bowl game against OKS which Mizz lost in a 5 point lost.

Whether he's a franchise qb or not he's going to be excellent in being the gate keeper of this offense. Think Jared Goff for the Rams offense we just got him 41 picks later. 

Drew's last 7 games 16-2 TD to INT ratio!!! Hes getting better and is a badddd man with 3 TDs on the ground. 19 -2 td to int ratio. 

Edited by thebestever6

Reserved for the comp comparison to Paxton lynch doing his write up now. Lynch sucked wtf was I thinking lol keep in mind his conference when I give his crazy PPG number. PPG 40.38 looks amazing on the surface until you break it down. the cupcakes in this conference were a joke lol SMU 63-0 wooof.

- Mississippi was a nice win (13th in the country a the time.  17 of the 37 points came in quarter 2.

- Navy unranked but disciplined was a beat down lost by 25 points 45-20 that's a woof blowout that's hard to overlook.

- Houston(16th country) 34 points and only lost by 1 had 17 of 34 points scored in second quarter again. 

- Temple- unranked but was 9-2 a Paxton led offense only put up 12 points!!!! WOOFFFF buzzes gf. Lost by 19 points 🙄.

- Auburn bowl game Scored 10 points!!! Woooffff. Lost by 21🙄. Scored all 10 points in second quarter.

Paxton might of been a quality second quarter QB lol jk he sucked. Butttt.... see the difference even if in hindsight between Lynch and Drew. I liked Paxton at the time but Dak was my value pick guy.  Don't even wanna go over his #s.

Edited by thebestever6

Jared Goff's comp who was may more refined that's why he went 1 overall compared to Drew. PPG 37.92 easier defensive conference, but high powered offense's to keep pace with.

- 24pts against (5) Utah Lost by 6 scored 10 of 24 points in the second and had 0 in the 4th still not terrible against number 5 team in the country.

- 24 pts against UCLA lost by 16 balanced game no noticable shift in points for a particular quarter. 

- 21 points Versus USC Lost by 6. 0 points in the second quarter which was the difference in the game.

- 28 against Oregon lost by 16 points though. 0 points again in the second quarter while Oregon scored 28.

- 22 points against (15) ranked Stanford and lost by 13. 3 points in quarter 2 compared to 14 by Stanford. 

- 55 in the Bowl game against Airforce won by 19!!! Outscored Airforce 21 -14 second quarter and got the monkey off his back!

Purdue a common opponent of Mizzou and Ohio state in 2018 another reason we got our guy and a badddd dude arm sleeve and all.

Haskins against Purdue 

49 73 67.1 470 2 1 127.5

Lost 20-49

Drew Lock'd in against Purdue

26 43 60.5 375 3 1

Won 40 to 37 on fire let it burn

Also had a rushing TD😏😏

Thanks Dan Snyder for running an NFL team because it's clear Ohio State was more talented than Missouri so I can't explain this.

Haskins needed 23 more completions to get 100 more yards wooof I heard of taking what the defense gives but damnnnn. That's  4.13 yards per attempt with those extra 23 completions. 

Edited by thebestever6

-In 4 of 5 of Locks losses seniors year his completion % dips under 60% has some things to work on no doubt. Alabama (1) ranked team Georgia (2) ranked team context does matter.

- in his 5 loses his TD to Int ratio with the rushing TD is 5 to 5 along with those ugly completion % dip.

- Georgia was the only game to fall below 10 yards per completion (9.61). Alabama was a 10.62. 

-Lock is the best Second round QB prospect since Derek Carr, and Jimmy G that was 5 years ago!!

- before the 2014 class it was the 2011 class with Andy Dalton, and Colin Kaepernick. I truly don't believe Brock Osweiler was a true second rounder Geno Smith woof just a bad 2013 class. I think if given truth syrum John wanted Brock because he was raw and wouldn't put pressure on PM. I think Russell Wilson was the true second round QB selection that year that's why Seattle lucked out round 3 so much good for them!

Edited by thebestever6

On 10/31/2019 at 3:04 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Sandy Clough thinks that after the seasons Elway should resign his GM role, remain as team president and hire Peters as GM.

I'd love this and Have Elway mentor him for a year rather than resign. 

Is his contract expiring or it doesn't matter because it's a promotion?

Edited by thebestever6

My rankings of The second round qb prospects since 2010.

Jimmy Garoppolo. ( Bortles and Manziel Rd1) causes slide

Derek Carr ( Bortles and Manziel) causes slide /Drew Lock (Haskins rd1) causes slide and Gruden didn't want him hmmmmm.

Colin Kaepernick ( Ponder/Locker) causes slide

Andy Dalton ( Ponder/Locker) causes slide 

Jimmy Clausen( Tebow Bradford his competition and causes slide )

Brock Osweiler ( Rg3 causes Wilson to slide the true pick) but Peyton Manning off a neck surgery doesn't need to fear for his job.

Geno Smith. ( EJ Manuel his competition)

Bonus - 2006 Jay Cutler Vince Young and Matt Hollywood Leinert aka 2006 Manziel causes slide. 

I wonder why Chris Mortensen pointed out Haskins lack of starts and his uncharted territory? I doubt he made it up he was hearing that noise around the league and Washington led by @AnAngryAmerican makes poor impulse decisions.  Turning Down a first for Trent William's rofl.

Can anyone use logic to see a pattern?

I know you're gonna say with hindsight lol but it's honest I can't lie.

Shanny in Washington didn't want RG3 in Washington you know who I bet he wanted Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins, and yes Russ Wilson after round one would of been on his radar. Washington being an inept Franchise causes good stuff to happen. 

Drew isn't going to bust out and will be given 2020 as an audition minimum . I expect a 60% completion % 1td to 1int ratio ROS.  It would have to be 1 to 2 with a 50 % completion percentage to make a change at the top of the 2020 draft.

The Shannahans, Rich Scangerello, and anyone who runs that offensive system do not flat out miss on qbs.

Because they're precise in what they're looking for. And it's "traits," not color of skin to appease the demographic of the area, not just college production, its actual measurable traits!

Edited by thebestever6

52 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

My rankings of The second round qb prospects since 2010.

Jimmy Garoppolo. ( Bortles and Manziel Rd1) causes slide

Derek Carr ( Bortles and Manziel) causes slide /Drew Lock (Haskins rd1) causes slide and Gruden didn't want him hmmmmm.

Colin Kaepernick ( Ponder/Locker) causes slide

Andy Dalton ( Ponder/Locker) causes slide 

Jimmy Clausen( Tebow Bradford his competition and causes slide )

Brock Osweiler ( Rg3 causes Wilson to slide the true pick) but Peyton Manning off a neck surgery doesn't need to fear for his job.

Geno Smith. ( EJ Manuel his competition)

Bonus - 2006 Jay Cutler Vince Young and Matt Hollywood Leinert aka 2006 Manziel causes slide. 

I wonder why Chris Mortensen pointed out Haskins lack of starts and his uncharted territory? I doubt he made it up he was hearing that noise around the league and Washington led by @AnAngryAmerican makes poor impulse decisions.  Turning Down a first for Trent William's rofl.

Can anyone use logic to see a pattern?

I know you're gonna say with hindsight lol but it's honest I can't lie.

Shanny in Washington didn't want RG3 in Washington you know who I bet he wanted Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins, and yes Russ Wilson after round one would of been on his radar. Washington being an inept Franchise causes good stuff to happen. 

Drew isn't going to bust out and will be given 2020 as an audition minimum . I expect a 60% completion % 1td to 1int ratio ROS.  It would have to be 1 to 2 with a 50 % completion percentage to make a change at the top of the 2020 draft.

The Shannahans, Rich Scangerello, and anyone who runs that offensive system do not flat out miss on qbs.

Because they're precise in what they're looking for. And it's "traits," not color of skin to appease the demographic of the area, not just college production, its actual measurable traits!

I wish I had your optimism.

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I wish I had your optimism.

Do you see a pattern? That's all I'm asking?

Elways biggest mistake as a gm isnt drafting Paxton Lynch. His biggest mistake as gm is not trading for Colin Kaepernick and Letting Dallas or KC get desperate for Lynch. Dak would  of been our true second round pick KUBIAK also a master at this offense was all over him like white on rice. Hence why the trade for Joe isn't a loss no matter what, Elways best decision since the Superbowl imo.

Do you see how things come full circle? Lock is more likely to become Jay Cutler, or a Tony Romo level starter than Paxton or Brock. 

Edited by thebestever6

And if Broncosfan2010 

Who compared Lock to Chad Henne who regressed big time all 4 years btw even in attempts he dipped since his freshman year.

If you want me to do a write up on Henne to see the difference I don't mind.

Missouri in the best conference in College football lived and died on the Golden arm of Drew Lock.

26 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I wish I had your optimism

At minimum  we got a significantly better QB prospect than that of Jake Locker who went 8th overall by the way.

So with that in mind and the fact that Drew went 42 overall, Jimmy G got traded for pick (43 btw) I find that very interesting. The odds of Drew getting a 2020 audition are about 90%. If a coveted qb is wanted at our pick we take the haul in a trade down because there's about 12 blue chip talents and build this bad boy.