When should Drew Lock start games this year?

Broncofan

When do you think Lock should be starting games this year?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Drew Lock should be (not will be) starting games for DEN on...

• Week 11-12 @ BUF / @vMIN - might as well find out ASAP and get as many games in
    • Week 13-14 - vs. LAC / @ HOU - get him 2-4 weeks practice, and easier matchups (home game, no Watt)
    • Week 15-16 - @ KC / vs. DET - 2-3 games is enough to see what we have
    • Week 17 vs. OAK - the Mahomes model (but KC was fighting for a playoff spot, dudes...)
    • Not until 2020 (give your reasons if you choose this PLZ)!

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Just listened to johns pressor today. Guys, I think Elway thinks that after two weeks you have to be a game day active. Not just on the 53. The way he talks about maximizing the 2 weeks of practice, it’s the only thing that makes sense of his actions. He doesn’t want him to be 1 hit away from live bullets with only 7 practices, so delay his return until he can get 10.

Then Elway's a moron.  We should just carry 3 QB's, on a rebuilding team we can definitely take the hit.   

Now if Elway's using this as cover, then we're morons for believing that take. 

The most likely in-between explanation - Elway doesn't want to commit 3 spots on the 53-man roster because he still can't stop win-now mode as the most important priority.  And as a GM, that's a fatal flaw.  He doesn't have to outright tank, but if having 3 QB's on the roster lets Lock develop, but keep QB viable until he's ready to step on the field, for a 2-6 team that's going nowhere, you make a tough call and make it work.  We certainly do NOT have 51 guys who all are can't cut.  No way.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He doesn't have to outright tank, but if having 3 QB's on the roster lets Lock develop, but keep QB viable until he's ready to step on the field, for a 2-6 team that's going nowhere, you make a tough call and make it work.  We certainly do NOT have 51 guys who all are can't cut.  No way.

What if he had a plan from the get go that wasn't to change regardless of circumstances though? 

We kill teams like the browns, Washington, the Jets yet we can't give Elway at least a golf clap for sticking to a plan? 

And that's me saying that wanting him gone barring Drew Lock saving his job after the bye because of the trade deadline. 

Anyone else see Mark Schlereth’s comments on Elway not being the right man for the job?  Basically boiled down to his stubbornness to admit when he’s wrong, like in the case of Bolles, and that his only claim to fame as a GM was the snagging Manning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Anyone else see Mark Schlereth’s comments on Elway not being the right man for the job?  Basically boiled down to his stubbornness to admit when he’s wrong, like in the case of Bolles, and that his only claim to fame as a GM was the snagging Manning.

That's a hot take show lol Stink I like as a commentator but he's dry talk show wise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

That's a hot take show lol Stink I like as a commentator but he's dry talk show wise.

Obviously that’s what most of these shows are and they’re getting paid, but is he all that wrong? Further, pretty ballsy for a former teammate to say who you won 2 SBs with.  He easily could’ve thrown support toward Elway, but he literally trashed him about as hard as anyone I’ve heard/read.

11 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Obviously that’s what most of these shows are and they’re getting paid, but is he all that wrong? Further, pretty ballsy for a former teammate to say who you won 2 SBs with.  He easily could’ve thrown support toward Elway, but he literally trashed him about as hard as anyone I’ve heard/read.

And who would watch the show if he supported Elway that's boring.

My favorite TV shows growing up were cheaters and jerry Springer fill in the blank as to why and don't make it about my certifiable mental state.

@germ-x John Elway will live and die as the GM of this organization due to the success or failure of Drew Lock. It doesn't matter what Shannon Sharpe, TD, Or Stink say on tv.

I'm still mad about the trade deadline and Elway has 6 months to prove me wrong while also having Drew Lock succeed or I'm clearing out his office myself .

23 minutes ago, germ-x said:

The other part to this - has Schlereth ever publicly called Elway before now?   The CW before the last 4 weeks that Schlereth  was a respected voice with a ton of credibility.   He called Bolles’ play out at the start of the season as having seen zero progress from his perspective and that take has proven correct so far.  As have many of his past observations and evaluations.  

It’s hard to take what Schlereth says about Elway now and dismiss it when the body of his work in the past and up until now has been well-thought of.  This isn’t a hack from Bleacher Report. 

Edited by Broncofan

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s hard to take what Schlereth says about Elway now and dismiss it when the body of his work in the past and up until now has been well-thought of.  This isn’t a hack from Bleacher Report. 

Is a coincidence Mark is now employed by fs1 a hack show of an organization who Troy Aikman constantly calls out on his twitter?

Oh and mark is the voice of reason that's why hes just writing what John Did pre 2015 as a horse stepping in sh*t and getting lucky but we didn't hear that take until now?

Mark Stink is the worst kind of hot take announcer. Commentary I respect. 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Is a coincidence Mark is now employed by fs1 a hack show of an organization who Troy Aikman constantly calls out on his twitter?

Oh and mark is the voice of reason that's why hes just writing what John Did pre 2015 as a horse stepping in sh*t and getting lucky but we didn't hear that take until now?

Your disdain for Schlereth coincides with him going after Elway.   Not before.   You called that Elway was going to shock the world by trading Von & Harris.  He stood pat.   I think your sentiment is misdirected.  

Our team fortunes since 2017 support what Schlereth said (2016 I can never fault anyone for we paid the price for going all in for 2013-15 and flags fly forever - no team can survive the QB and 2 key starters leaving from a D that needed to be perfect to get us that SB).    Schlereth is a former player, a former great player and a Bronco who knows our org well.  

Rather than try and knock Schlereth down - think about the alternate explanation.   He could just be correct.

Edited by Broncofan

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Your disdain for Schlereth coincides with him going after Elway.   Not before.   You called that Elway was going to shock the world by trading Von & Harris.  He stood pat.   I think your sentiment is misdirected.  

Our team fortunes since 2017 support what Schlereth said (2016 I can never fault anyone for we paid the price for going all in for 2013-15 and flags fly forever - no team can survive the QB and 2 key starters leaving from a D that needed to be perfect to get us that SB).    Schlereth is a former player, a former great player and a Bronco who knows our org well.  

Rather than try and knock Schlereth down - think about the alternate explanation.   He could just be correct.

There's always a little truth to every word spoken its 80 % bs and 20% truth if we're lucky. I'm not an Elway Apologist his drafts from 2013-2017 were downright awful.  Him not selling at the trade deadline downright egregious.

But acting like an Employee of FS1 is the voice of reason is so out there it's pure ignorance. Elways success and failure is tied to Drew Lock Mark said he loved the Broncos Draft on the Herd.

He's turning into Colin Cowherd tbh and I've had disdain for him since he joined FS1. I think Troy Aikman is a tool maybe I just hate the Cowboys and he and Joe Buck sound too similar.  But, every word he says about FS1 I fully agree with.

What's next you're going to get behind the credit card thief Doug Gottlieb who alluded to Andrew Luck being soft? Mark Stink used to be a voice of reason now he is what his employer wants him to be.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Again, but to bring up Troy Aikmen calling FS1 out.  Aikmen was also the guy who couldn’t control his laughter on national television over Flacco’s play vs the Chiefs and the fact they continued to play him.   

12 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Again, but to bring up Troy Aikmen calling FS1 out.  Aikmen was also the guy who couldn’t control his laughter on national television over Flacco’s play vs the Chiefs and the fact they continued to play him.   

Flacco is what he is Troy pointing out how inept the offense is happens to him being mindful of the present moment/state of the Broncos he didn't sugar coat it which I appreciate. Still loved the Flacco trade and I've explained why on page one.

Mark is doing the total opposite he's using one of the logical fallacies to say you can't prove me wrong so I'm right. He's putting some elaborate slippery slope puzzle together because of the state of the team and excluding everything John Elway has ever done as gm. He's a Colin Cowherd protege who hedges his bets stink also liked the Lock pick and 2019 draft so what do you think will happen if/when Lock plays well???

Elway will sink or swim by what happens offensively with Drew at the helm after the bye week. I have disdain for Stink since he joined FS1.

Edited by thebestever6