Is Baker the Answer? (Poll)

NudeTayne

QB  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is Baker the Answer?

• Yes. He's a franchise QB through and through ascending through challenges.
    • He's more of a mid-tier guy, fine for now once he calms down but still worth looking at other high picks coming out.
    • Pretty questionable. I'd be fine spending a 2019 2nd/3rd on a QB for competition, with the goal that this guy could take over.
    • No. I don't think he's that good. He was way overdrafted.
    • No. He might work out alright, but he is a bad look for this team and I don't want it.

17 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Since you are stating it's about his talent, second from the last.

It’s not his talent though honestly. He’s got enough talent. He can move and make every throw.

It’s his lack of composure he hasn’t beat a good team yet. His accuracy has been bad this year because he’s not comfortable. He’s been rolling to the right and throwing behind receivers. 

now I will say he’s going to ball out the next 9 weeks. He’s gonna kill it, but I’m concerned it’s all fools gold because we’ve got nothing but cream puffs the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

It’s not his talent though honestly. He’s got enough talent. He can move and make every throw.

It’s his lack of composure he hasn’t beat a good team yet. His accuracy has been bad this year because he’s not comfortable. He’s been rolling to the right and throwing behind receivers. 

now I will say he’s going to ball out the next 9 weeks. He’s gonna kill it, but I’m concerned it’s all fools gold because we’ve got nothing but cream puffs the rest of the season. 

@nigh...man, confirmed.

But yeah, that's still a talent conversation. Either one sees him as eventually being able to game vs elite teams or else he's just not good.

He's too good to fail or have to worry about replacing imo. He is light years better than any QB we've had since Bernie imo. He hasn't been pinpoint accurate this season but still looks more accurate than 90% of the QBs I've seen this year he just has been unlucky and uncomfortable. I do agree with brownie that rolling right and throwing on the run as much as he does has to stop one way or the other, the defenders only have to cover a fraction of the field so mistakes are going to happen even if I don't recall him throwing a pick in that circumstance yet.

Still, very happy we made the selection and there will be benefits reaped from it.

• Like 2

The jury is still out. He had a great rookie year and he's struggled this year. Still, he hasn't been as bad as his stats indicate and, despite the talent we have on paper, he hasn't gotten a ton of help from the team and coaching. Receivers have dropped a fair amount of passes and he's obviously not totally in sync with OBJ. And our OL obviously really struggles in pass protection when they face a defense with even a slightly above average pass rush.

Defenses have film on him now and have figured out how to confuse him at times, so now it's a matter as to if Baker can adjust his game. Do I think he has the talent to adjust and become a legit top QB? Yes. Will he? We shall see. Keep in mind that he's still really inexperienced and only has roughly 20 or so career starts under his belt. Baker has the talent, it's just a matter as to if he can put it all together.

• Like 1