Is Baker the Answer? (Poll)

NudeTayne

QB  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is Baker the Answer?

• Yes. He's a franchise QB through and through ascending through challenges.
    • He's more of a mid-tier guy, fine for now once he calms down but still worth looking at other high picks coming out.
    • Pretty questionable. I'd be fine spending a 2019 2nd/3rd on a QB for competition, with the goal that this guy could take over.
    • No. I don't think he's that good. He was way overdrafted.
    • No. He might work out alright, but he is a bad look for this team and I don't want it.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s because he hasn’t been nearly as bad as the raw numbers would indicate.  

The INT’s from dropped passes, defensive lineman not being blocked, etc., don’t get attributed to the QB when PFF does their evaluations.  

He hasn’t been great, but the numbers are deceiving.

Shh. No narrative-busting in the QB apocalypse thread.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Yeah. Which is why it's especially annoying arguing with people who DO watch many Browns games. They look at Baker's numbers and just go "LOL BaKEr iS a bUSt!" without knowing any of the context of the situation.

This, truly.

• Like 4

Thinking about next year. We need to treat Baker like a young QB. I’d contemplate trading Jarvis and OBJ. They’re NOT part of the problem, but I don’t know if they’re part of the solution.

Next year I’d make the focal point of this team Hunt + Chubb and the defense.

• Like 1

Yeah Baker can be the guy

hes definitely got enough talent

but he has to mature. He is young, but as a leader he’s got to understand the team will act based on him. And if acts like a ****** we’re going to play like poop

i don’t care what anyone says 

there is a correlation between that meltdown with Grossi and how the team played today. We don’t have our priorities right 

Odell and Jarvis wearing the wrong cleats during the game is unquestionably stupid. We are a stupid team 

• Like 1