Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jaire is one of the best press man corners in the NFL being told to play zone, 10 yards off the WR.

Those are my thoughts.

Why are we playing zone, especially against an old veteran QB who carves zones up? Is it because Martinez can't play man? Is Mike Pettine someone who puts people in the dog house and never gives them a chance to redeem themselves ala Burks, Josh Jackson, etc.? Some people think this bend but don't break defense is effective, only giving up field goals, but when your offense can't maintain a drive, your defense is going to be pretty gasped especially in that California weather.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think so, he'll help, but we're just playing scared and we need to stop doing so. We spend all this draft capital and money on young defensive guys with swagger, play them one way, they get super hyped, give themselves a nickname, create dances and then one week we just turn off the intensity. 

The personality of our playcaller does not match the personality of our players at the moment. Pettine is calling a defense meant for a bunch of Nick Perry's and Micah Hyde's lately. 

It's quite possible the focus and intensity has dropped in that locker room because of it. Something happened in the 4th Q yesterday on the sidelines.

According to Silverstein - Tramon called out the coaching specifically the DB coach. After hearing Rivers say the Packers' D did the same thing all game, Tramon's comments after the game read a lot like what Rodgers was saying about the offensive gameplan last year...

“You have to get pressure on him,” cornerback Tramon Williams said. “You have to give him different looks, different reads, pre-snap wise. He’s a great quarterback. One of the things that I do admire about Philip is he prepares the right way for a game. If you do anything that you’re not supposed to do on the field, he’s going to pick it up right away. You can see it on the field, he runs the game from the line. He’s one of the quarterbacks that does do that in this league, and it’s impressive.”

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Can you imagine a bunch of people sitting in a room, okay guys lets come up with a new commercial. And that's the idea they walked out of there with? I'd pay money to watch the documentary on how they went down.

I didn't eat Snickers for at least a year because of a horrible Super Bowl commercial. You root for sales to drop as a punishment for stupid commercials.

And I would guess that people get fired exactly one level below the executives that actually make "New Coke" level mistakes in marketing.

At the place my daughter works the CEO lets his wife name new products while the branding department goes insane. Maybe she could name this last game "Call of Doody: Slack Ops". Flush it and move on by noon tomorrow please. This was a forgettable moment in 2019, significant only if the team holds itself accountable and makes plans to show up for the next matchup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Why are we playing zone, especially against an old veteran QB who carves zones up?

If we're playing a lot of zone......that puts an odd shine on Josh Jackson being a healthy scratch. Zone's supposed to be his thing no?

I missed the game bcuz I was out and about all over Los Angeles.  Packers fans were obviously everywhere.  I saw a fan with a Savage jersey at LA Live and asked him about the game and he told me how awful we looked.  He told me to not even bother watching it when I got home.  He and his friends shelled out all that coin for airfare, tix etc to fly out from GB for that performance.  Yikes.  

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

Rivers is a hall of famer. He is...

• 6th all time TDs
  • 6th all time in Yards
  • 10th all time in Passer Rating
  • 7th all time in completions
  • 9th all time in Y/PA
  • 10th in completion %

That is a HOF resume...

I bet he doesn’t. The other two QBs from his draft have 2 Super Bowls a piece. The QB he replace went on to win a SB and put up better number.

Just having numbers will start to hurt guys. Because everyone can put up numbers in a league that wants offense.

Our beat writers are so dumb sometimes, watch MVS on the outside, it's clearly man. King has his eyes on Rodgers, bails on his man and makes the play. If he did his job he runs out of the play like the boundary CB did. You can't predict players vacating their assignments. Only fault I have with the call is that we didn't come back to it.

Presnap Rodgers is reading that as 1-1 with Adams and the overhang. You take that every single time.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Our beat writers are so dumb sometimes, watch MVS on the outside, it's clearly man. King has his eyes on Rodgers, bails on his man and makes the play. If he did his job he runs out of the play like the boundary CB did. You can't predict players vacating their assignments. Only fault I have with the call is that we didn't come back to it.

Presnap Rodgers is reading that as 1-1 with Adams and the overhang. You take that every single time.

I don't know if Lazard did the right thing there or not. Really hard to tell if it was a fake screen or a real screen Lazard didn't even try to block.