Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

it is kind of stunning that the chargers can’t even fill a 30,000-seat stadium a third of the way full with their own fans. In a metropolitan area with a population of 13,000,000 they can’t round up 10,000 of their own. 

They could fill it if the stadium was in San Diego, but not in LA.
San Diegans loathe LA, that move was akin to becoming the "Chicago Packers"
Major whiff by NFL and Spanos.

LA fans don't care, SD fans are understandably butthurt and staying away.

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As opposed to the slowed down pace of life in Los Angeles?

Bigger market.  Come on man, it's common knowledge why they moved.  And for the record, I don't think it will work or even be better for the Chargers.  I just know why they left San Diego.

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

They could fill it if the stadium was in San Diego, but not in LA.
San Diegans loathe LA, that move was akin to becoming the "Chicago Packers"
Major whiff by NFL and Spanos.

LA fans don't care, SD fans are understandably butthurt and staying away.

Yeah I lived down in the LA area for a year (2012-13, when there were no teams there), and during that span saw almost no support whatsoever for the Chargers. Lots of Raiders fans, Rams fans, good amount of 49ers fans and then the typical Packers, Steelers, Dallas fans that you see everywhere. Almost no support for the team just down the highway though. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

ESPN:  Hunter Henry's production this season suggests he could be one of the league's most impactful tight ends. The 24-year-old is averaging 76 receiving yards per game, which puts him just ahead of Travis Kelce and Austin Hooper and at the top of the leader board for tight ends with four or more games played. Since his return to the lineup in Week 6, Henry has generated 14 first downs in the passing game, which ranks fifth in the NFL.

I really liked him coming out of college.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from Andy Herman

There’s a lot of reasons I’m excited to see Davante Adams back with the offense, but I may be most excited to see a 3 WR set with Adams/MVS/Lazard.

Don't forget Jones out of the backfield and split out wide.  He's a real difference maker too!

I’ll be honest, as a lifelong California resident, I forget San Diego exists all the time. If you asked me to list off the state’s major cities off the top of my head, I’d probably rattle off Bakersfield and Redding before I even remembered that San Diego is in the state. 

• Like 1