Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

27 carries versus 1 LB: 5.4 YPC

11 carries versus 2 LBs: 1.2 YPC

I'm really not sure what Mike Pettine is doing anymore guys. I would say the players account for maybe 15-20% of our issue stopping the run. The rest is our coach.

Do you have the passing stats vs 1 and 2 ILB sets?

On 11/5/2019 at 10:54 PM, squire12 said:

Daring teams to commit to running the ball vs the 1LB sets.  CAR, SF and NYG have the players and the willingness to do just that in the next 3 games. 

There better be an adjustment to the philosophy as neither of those teams have the passing game that should be feared compared to the running game.  

lol they will give up 200 yards+ on the ground vs those teams. i really dont want to see this team vs SF. they are gonna get a mudhole stomped in them. 

40 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

lol they will give up 200 yards+ on the ground vs those teams. i really dont want to see this team vs SF. they are gonna get a mudhole stomped in them. 

That is exactly when the Pack will rise up and surprise you.  They will be coming off the bye week rested and ready.  Actually think they will play SF tough.  Might even beat them.  Kind of the way the Packers roll.  Lose against a gimme team then beat one where they should lose.  This is going to be a good game don't anticipate a blow out.

35 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

That is exactly when the Pack will rise up and surprise you.  They will be coming off the bye week rested and ready.  Actually think they will play SF tough.  Might even beat them.  Kind of the way the Packers roll.  Lose against a gimme team then beat one where they should lose.  This is going to be a good game don't anticipate a blow out.

unless they are distracted by that California sun. i swear thats what did them in vs LAC.  the hollywood/LA vibes distracted them and they were not ready for the game on Sunday. Rodgers mentioned in the post game presser that the team did not get their minds/body's right before the game and it let to a loss of focus and ultimately a flat performance. this niners game is going to set up just like the Charger one except the Niners can put up 50 at will. 

21 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

unless they are distracted by that California sun. i swear thats what did them in vs LAC.  the hollywood/LA vibes distracted them and they were not ready for the game on Sunday. Rodgers mentioned in the post game presser that the team did not get their minds/body's right before the game and it let to a loss of focus and ultimately a flat performance. this niners game is going to set up just like the Charger one except the Niners can put up 50 at will. 

Think they learned their lesson.  Actually like that they got smoked.  Better than a close loss.  Niners are good no doubt but think the Pack will play their best game of the season against them.  It's going to be close one way or the other.  Defense should adjust think we'll see a different D this Sunday.  Maybe that's just my G & G glasses talking.  Different coach from years past it will be very interesting to see how they respond to getting embarrassed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Think they learned their lesson.  Actually like that they got smoked.  Better than a close loss.  Niners are good no doubt but think the Pack will play their best game of the season against them.  It's going to be close one way or the other.  Defense should adjust think we'll see a different D this Sunday.  Maybe that's just my G & G glasses talking.  Different coach from years past it will be very interesting to see how they respond to getting embarrassed. 

my G&G glasses fell off after last week. this team has been shaky at best all season and now its finally caught up to them. im hoping you are right. 

5 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

my G&G glasses fell off after last week. this team has been shaky at best all season and now its finally caught up to them. im hoping you are right. 

"Shaky at best" is going 7-2 against the hardest scheduled based on DVOA? #EntiltledTown 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

"Shaky at best" is going 7-2 against the hardest scheduled based on DVOA? #EntiltledTown 

well at least defensively the team has been extremely shaky since the Eagles game. they couldnt stop the run, now they cant stop the pass or generate a pass rush. 

2 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

well at least defensively the team has been extremely shaky since the Eagles game. they couldnt stop the run, now they cant stop the pass or generate a pass rush. 

Bottom line for me .... they have won.  In cases not so pretty but they have won.  NOBODY expected them to be 7-2 and very possibly 8-2 at the bye.  That being said, agree that the defense whether it's coaching, scheming, jag players ... they have to get their crap together to continue winning.  Trusting they figure it out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Bottom line for me .... they have won.  In cases not so pretty but they have won.  NOBODY expected them to be 7-2 and very possibly 8-2 at the bye.  That being said, agree that the defense whether it's coaching, scheming, jag players ... they have to get their crap together to continue winning.  Trusting they figure it out.

thanks for this perspective coach. i guess well wait and see what happens on Sunday. need this win before the bye. 

• Like 1