Josh Jacobs wins Offensive Rookie of the Month (Again)

RaidersAreOne

On 10/31/2019 at 11:11 AM, big_palooka said:

Same and respect. A lot of people in here said he was a 2nd or 3rd round value. That he didn't have "special enough traits" to be a first round pick, etc. And 'Bama backs always bust. Are never as good in the pros, etc.

Jacobs contact balance and vision were elite traits at 'Bama. They've translated. I love Kamara and he was so similar and it's no surprise to see him mentioned atop the list of yard after contact with AK. 

Heres the crazy thing... he's not even scratched the surface. His hands are amazing and Gruden hasn't even leaned on him as a pass catcher yet...

Yeah I agree I saw Kamara like traits in him through the draft process. His suddenness, vision, and slipperiness all stood out. That's why I didn't complain when we took him in the 1st. We didn't take him top 5, we took him late 1st. I saw no problem with the value, especially considering that once Gruden gets him involved in the pass game, he'll be a "receiver" as well.

I'm also tired of all the school tropes. You gotta evaluate the individual player. It's like saying "no Tennessee backs are ever good" so Kamara, therefore, couldn't be good. Just doesn't make sense man.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:01 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

We'll see what a dynamic RB can do for gruden. He can pass protect, run routes and catch, and run with power and elusiveness. He has kamara-ish traits in terms of how he moves and his frame, but they are different runners.

He could be a pro bowler year 1 and help us win a lot of games.

As a pure player, he may be the key to our win total this year and that's saying something.

Not to toot my own horn... but 

;)

• Like 1

The best back we have had in a LONG time. Its so much fun watching him run. He runs violent, he finishes runs, but also has elusiveness and wiggle to his game. And he's a guy that I also think is just scratching the surface of how good he can be. He didn't get a ton of reps in college which is good for us in the health department long term but also development wise. And that could be downright scary if that's the case because his vision is already such an asset. His only hole is long speed, but that's alright. He's shown to be capable to break off the 20-40 yard runs and that's more than enough. 

Such a fantastic story too which makes him that much easier to root for. Great pick by Gruden and Mayock. Look forward to seeing him be the foundation of our offense for the next 5-10 years. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...