Week 9 News/Notes: DT’s in the Dog House

textaz03

17 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Sometimes I wonder if this is a product of too many voices in the room. It hasn’t worked out to bad overall and misses are bound to happen, but this one, like Taco are a little peculiar. Neither player really seem to fit what Dallas was actually looking for.

I think it has to do more with attitude, work ethic and compatibility/cohesion more so than skill set. Look what Taco is doing down in Miami right now 🙄 (more sacks than DLaw, REALLY??) 

19 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Sometimes I wonder if this is a product of too many voices in the room. It hasn’t worked out to bad overall and misses are bound to happen, but this one, like Taco are a little peculiar. Neither player really seem to fit what Dallas was actually looking for.

Its hard to imagine we are actually wrong sometimes when drafting under McClay but the draft is a battle of luck and sometimes we aren't winners.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

To be honest, I don't think Dallas knows what it's looking for. Yeah, more sacks and turnovers. Question is, what scheme do they run or are going to run to achieve that goal? Because, outside of the Iggles game, they haven't come close. 

Edited by Rtnldave

On 10/31/2019 at 10:52 PM, WizardHawk said:

Keep ROD M. out of the DRAFT ROOM. Heard he was the one demanding TACO and TRYSTEN. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atran35 said:

Keep ROD M. out of the DRAFT ROOM. Heard he was the one demanding TACO and TRYSTEN. 

Agree with that. Rod grew attached to Hill long before the Draft took place. They were talking on a regular basis and every time Hill had a visit with another team. I’m all for coordinators and positional coaches having a voice in draft process, but need to trust the Draft Board and The scouts input.  Neither Hill or Taco should have been picks at those positions. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Agree with that. Rod grew attached to Hill long before the Draft took place. They were talking on a regular basis and every time Hill had a visit with another team. I’m all for coordinators and positional coaches having a voice in draft process, but need to trust the Draft Board and The scouts input.  Neither Hill or Taco should have been picks at those positions. 

Just imagine this team with T.J. Watt and Juan Thornhill...

• Like 2

Sources said that when the Dallas Cowboys first called about Adams earlier this week, the Jets asked about the availability of Pro Bowl guard Zack Martin. When the Cowboys quickly shot that down, the Jets inquired about Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith, which was also a "no."

I kinda laughed at how hard we shut that talk down. But thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001072121/article/jets-asked-for-zack-martin-in-jamal-adams-trade-talks

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

All I can say is 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I bet there are some here that would have pulled the trigger on Tyron for Adams. Factor in age, injury history, put Connor Williams at LT, and move McGovern blah blah blah

I’m open to that idea after this season. But if we are gonna make a serious run, we need our LT!